Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait for draft to complete, take a breath

Geeze

We got one of the most dynamic players in the draft. Yes i wanted to trade back or Chubb but i wont cry over getting a guy who you all will be cheering in a few months away. This guy could be the next shaddy mccoy. We couldnt score points as our offense was a disaster. This guy also is clean which at #2 pick you need to make sure you dont get someone who will be a problem etc.

I like the pick and lets wait to see what happens tonight. we have 2 pick in this round and 2 3rds.

I would like a FS that can cover the field. Let Collins go crush something or play more box/blitz.

A guard and Corner as well.

I would be happy with that...

Listen. Your common sense "wait and see" approach has no place here!!!
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Common sense is not common on this board. If the Giants address the oline Barkley will be great for the Giants. I also think this might indicate that they like what they have been seeing from Web as well. Not to say he has played in any regular season games but they have a degree of confidence in him that made them pass on Darnold. I could be wrong of course. With 2 picks in the 2nd and 3rd round is big deal as long as they don't botch it up. If they don't let Jerry Reese in their war room will be in good shape.
      sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Common sense is not common on this board. If the Giants address the oline Barkley will be great for the Giants. I also think this might indicate that they like what they have been seeing from Web as well. Not to say he has played in any regular season games but they have a degree of confidence in him that made them pass on Darnold. I could be wrong of course. With 2 picks in the 2nd and 3rd round is big deal as long as they don't botch it up. If they don't let Jerry Reese in their war room will be in good shape.
        we are set up nicely to address the line this evening in the 2nd. There are at least 3 really good prospects in Hernandez, Daniels and Williams. I like them in the order that I typed them. I think Hernandez is a beast.

Comment

Pick now!!!! Don't wait for the Browns.
          Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
            Geeze

We got one of the most dynamic players in the draft. Yes i wanted to trade back or Chubb but i wont cry over getting a guy who you all will be cheering in a few months away. This guy could be the next shaddy mccoy. We couldnt score points as our offense was a disaster. This guy also is clean which at #2 pick you need to make sure you dont get someone who will be a problem etc.

I like the pick and lets wait to see what happens tonight. we have 2 pick in this round and 2 3rds.

I would like a FS that can cover the field. Let Collins go crush something or play more box/blitz.

I agree that we have to wait and see not only for the draft to be finished but how all the new pieces will fall in place. Football is a team sport but also a great player will make the difference in winning or losing a close game. This move seems to me that the Giants organization is aiming to have a successful run in the short term while they buy some time to find Eli's heir. What it boils down, no matter who the pick would have been, is that the Giants fill the glaring holes and how they will use the new assets to the best of their abilities. Remember that you can give a chef the best ingredients and the meal may or may not turn to be worthy of the money spend on the expensive ingredients. What I am trying to say is that it is not only the players that make the difference but coaching and the organization in general. Whether the Giants are successful this year it will not depend heavily on who their first pick was, but how the coaching staff ensures that all players make the expected contribution. Also, look at Dallas and ask yourself. Were the Cowboys better with Elliot or without? Was Elliot worth to be drafted in the 1st round?
            So, stop having a meltdown or over-celebrating for the pick and wait to see what happens when the team takes the field.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

we are set up nicely to address the line this evening in the 2nd. There are at least 3 really good prospects in Hernandez, Daniels and Williams. I like them in the order that I typed them. I think Hernandez is a beast.
              I hope Hernandez falls to us too.
              sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                Listen. Your common sense "wait and see" approach has no place here!!!
                Haha. I have to say FBomb I have read a bunch of comments from you since the pick and you're cracking me up man. Good work.

Seriously people are freaking out about our OL and it's April and we improved the most important position already. We still have the rest of the draft to go, training camps, some free agency remains ect. Deep breaths and let's see what happens today. There are some very good OL out there still. Deep OL, DB and LB class should help us this year.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
                  Geeze

+1 ,good post!

Comment

Working...
                  X