The Haters on the pick....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Haters on the pick....

are missing the point with barkley. when was the last time you saw the giants CONSISTENTLY in 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2, as opposed to 3rd and 6+yds in every game? barkely gives us that, which we haven't had since 2008 and semblance here and there in 2011.

not only will barkley make eli and odell, engram, shep better, he will make the o-line better. can you imagine what the defense and d-coordinators is thinking, how do you defend all 4 on 3rd and short, the playbook is endless with all 4 on the field.

for those that say well we need an oline to block and we are not there yet. my answer, barkley compared to the other RB in this draft, is that one guy that doesn't need an emmitt smith o-line in dallas to gain yardage. also shurmur and shula are believers of running the ball which we haven't had here since 2008, and coaching run blocking is easier than pass blocking, and with a back like barkley, give him an opening with his vision he will find the hole, unlike the RB we've had in the past 4yrs running into their own lineman for negative yardage.

i can't wait and i can't stop thinking what shurmur and shula does with odell, engram, sheppard and now barkely.

I've seen us in 3rd and 1 plenty of times, and getting stuffed. Regardless of o-line play if he can make someone miss and pick up that 1 yard the majority of the time he'd be a huge upgrade on that alone.

Comment

Originally posted by NYtoSanDiego View Post
      are missing the point with barkley. when was the last time you saw the giants CONSISTENTLY in 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2, as opposed to 3rd and 6+yds in every game? barkely gives us that, which we haven't had since 2008 and semblance here and there in 2011.

not only will barkley make eli and odell, engram, shep better, he will make the o-line better. can you imagine what the defense and d-coordinators is thinking, how do you defend all 4 on 3rd and short, the playbook is endless with all 4 on the field.

for those that say well we need an oline to block and we are not there yet. my answer, barkley compared to the other RB in this draft, is that one guy that doesn't need an emmitt smith o-line in dallas to gain yardage. also shurmur and shula are believers of running the ball which we haven't had here since 2008, and coaching run blocking is easier than pass blocking, and with a back like barkley, give him an opening with his vision he will find the hole, unlike the RB we've had in the past 4yrs running into their own lineman for negative yardage.

i can't wait and i can't stop thinking what shurmur and shula does with odell, engram, sheppard and now barkely.
      This +1,000,000!!!

Also the draft is not over yet and the Giants will likely snag an instant starter for the O-line tonight who is far and away more talented than any of the incumbents.
      Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

there's legit no point in complaining about it now. picks done with. we got Barkley and im going to root like crazy for him now.

i was on team QB, i thought it was the right move. But apparently the FO disagrees. so be it. Let's see how they build the rest of the team this year and in the future. who knows, maybe once Eli retires in (now hopefully) a couple years, we make a big trade up for a QB like the Texans did Watson.

Let's let this play out. And i hope Barkley absolutely DESTROYS it

Comment

Rodney Hampton & OJ Anderson would get that 1st down....I haven't seen a Giant back consistently do it since...

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
            I've seen us in 3rd and 1 plenty of times, and getting stuffed. Regardless of o-line play if he can make someone miss and pick up that 1 yard the majority of the time he'd be a huge upgrade on that alone.
            i'm not saying the giants the past 4 or 7 years never got to 3rd and shorts. don't have the numbers but im sure the past 4 years they were one of the worst teams in the nfl with the number of 3rd and shorts because of the lack of a true running game. drafting a player like barkley, you cannot give up on running the ball when its not working after a series or two. just like we became pass happy with odell, the giants need to be run happy with barkley, but now they can do it with a balanced offense.

the best teams that make the playoffs every year has good defenses, but they can win running or passing the ball. with barkely he gives us balance and difficulty with opposing defense having to defend the run and the pass. in the past 4 years all teams played the giants the same way, stop the run and make them one dimensional. even if they stop him for 3 qtrs they still have to account for him all the time cause of what he can potentially do. so the defense is not basing their scheme just to stop the passing game.

lets see teams play cover 2 on the giants this year, and i guarantee barkely will make them pay, and i'm not saying highlight reels every time he touches the ball but he will make you pay with 4 to 6 yd gains.

Comment

i'm not saying the giants the past 4 or 7 years never got to 3rd and shorts. don't have the numbers but im sure the past 4 years they were one of the worst teams in the nfl with the number of 3rd and shorts because of the lack of a true running game. drafting a player like barkley, you cannot give up on running the ball when its not working after a series or two. just like we became pass happy with odell, the giants need to be run happy with barkley, but now they can do it with a balanced offense.

the best teams that make the playoffs every year has good defenses, but they can win running or passing the ball. with barkely he gives us balance and difficulty with opposing defense having to defend the run and the pass. in the past 4 years all teams played the giants the same way, stop the run and make them one dimensional. even if they stop him for 3 qtrs they still have to account for him all the time cause of what he can potentially do. so the defense is not basing their scheme just to stop the passing game.

lets see teams play cover 2 on the giants this year, and i guarantee barkely will make them pay, and i'm not saying highlight reels every time he touches the ball but he will make you pay with 4 to 6 yd gains.
              well that's the beauty of Barkley, he's very effective in the pass game as well. he's a fantastic receiver and a great pass blocker.

let's be real. We're not going to be a run heavy team with Odell Beckham Jr. on this team. You can add in Evan Engram too who's a great receiving TE.

Barkley will undoubtedly get 16-20 touches per game, but that could be on only 12-15 carries. The way Shurmur can use running backs in the pass game is going to be huge with Barkley. Heck, Jerrick freaking McKinnon just got a MASSIVE deal in free agency after the way Shurmur used him in Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by foxie View Post
                Rodney Hampton & OJ Anderson would get that 1st down....I haven't seen a Giant back consistently do it since...
                i don't think its the RB but the game today vs then. if you take the CBA with non contact practices and how they can only be in pads certain times of the year, you lose the fundamentals of run blocking in short yardage situations with pads on during game day.

the teams that do well on converting 3rd and 1 or inches for 1st downs have a good run game to begin with, which the giants haven't had since 2008.

the giants the past 4 years after drafting odell became a pass first team and hopefully with barkely its more balanced.

Comment

I wanted a QB badly and felt this was the time to get a QB.

I am a big fan of Darnold, and I think Rosen has a chance to be great.

However, this is a great pick.

Saquon helps us now and helps us in the future.

Dave and Pat want to re-establish a culture of winning and do it now.

You need great players to do that.

With the second pick, they got the best player.

We will worry about QB later.

There will be other drafts and other QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post

well that's the beauty of Barkley, he's very effective in the pass game as well. he's a fantastic receiver and a great pass blocker.

let's be real. We're not going to be a run heavy team with Odell Beckham Jr. on this team. You can add in Evan Engram too who's a great receiving TE.

Barkley will undoubtedly get 16-20 touches per game, but that could be on only 12-15 carries. The way Shurmur can use running backs in the pass game is going to be huge with Barkley. Heck, Jerrick freaking McKinnon just got a MASSIVE deal in free agency after the way Shurmur used him in Minnesota.
                    if its 12-15 carries a game then they wasted this pick, he's not reggie bush. we didn't pick him 2nd to run the ball 12-15 times a game, and we certainly didn't pick him as a running back with a committee of other backs, he will be a workhorse and i see him running the ball 20+ avg per game with 2-3 pass catches per game.

shurmur and shula believe in the run, but they also believe in give what the defense gives you. they play cover 2 all game lets run the ball, and when they try to stop the run they will pass. what they will see more this year is more cover 3 where they will send a saftey for run support but to also cover barkley.

the barkley factor will help the WR/TE getting theirs, just like it does with the steelers.

Comment

Not only is he A HUGE upgrade to the offense ​but also the defense, it will keep them off the field and fresher for the fourth quarter, our defense was constantly on the field last year do to our offenses inability to get first downs in short garage.
                      sigpic

Comment

Darkwa averaged 4.4 YPC behind a bad Oline, if the line is improved could we not have expected that YPC to go up? How many YPC is Barkley going to average?

Comment

Originally posted by The_ One View Post
                          Not only is he A HUGE upgrade to the offense ​but also the defense, it will keep them off the field and fresher for the fourth quarter, our defense was constantly on the field last year do to our offenses inability to get first downs in short garage.
                          So we are a run first offense now? Someone alert whoever the LG, RG, and RT are because they need some lessons on how to block. And Nate Solder is no great shakes as a run blocker. NE ran most of their stuff out of shotgun, finesse style running attack.

The people who like this pick don't even know what they are liking. Running backs don't create running games. Olines do. Olines create running backs. There are 100 RBs who could go to Dallas, get 300 carries, and be considered a star RB because they'd get good results behind those mountain movers.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post

So we are a run first offense now? Someone alert whoever the LG, RG, and RT are because they need some lessons on how to block. And Nate Solder is no great shakes as a run blocker. NE ran most of their stuff out of shotgun, finesse style running attack.

The people who like this pick don't even know what they are liking. Running backs don't create running games. Olines do. Olines create running backs. There are 100 RBs who could go to Dallas, get 300 carries, and be considered a star RB because they'd get good results behind those mountain movers.
                            You must have just landed on planet earth we upgraded the offensive line this off season, and the draft is STILL Young, does your mother know you are on the computer again.
                            Let's not draft the best player in the draft because of what happened last year with a different coaching staff.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post

Darkwa averaged 4.4 YPC behind a bad Oline, if the line is improved could we not have expected that YPC to go up? How many YPC is Barkley going to average?
                              He is not JUST A RB.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X