The Haters on the pick....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I don;t recall Jacobs being good at it. I recall not getting as many as I thought we should have because Jacobs was tap dancing behind the LOS.
    he was better at short yardage when he was younger, but became the tip toe burgler towards the end of his giants career.

Comment

it escapes me how many just dont get it, i havent seen anyone "hate" on barkleys skill set and potential . this was the time to go qb but ok they didnt, we root for barkley the kid looks good and hope webb is better than we thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
        it escapes me how many just dont get it, i havent seen anyone "hate" on barkleys skill set and potential . this was the time to go qb but ok they didnt, we root for barkley the kid looks good and hope webb is better than we thought.
        Stop acting like a grown up. God! So boring...

Comment

Originally posted by NYtoSanDiego View Post

fair enough but i can see him touching the ball 270-300 times over 16 games and at 4yds per carry, i think that's worthy of a #2 pick, and it will surely help the Giants overall.
          gallman is avg 4.3 yards per. and he wasnt a #2 overall pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Stop acting like a grown up. God! So boring...
            haha i think you missed my deleted thread about mara being a mouse when i was venting.

Comment

Honestly I dont take the haters seriously. First off, anyone who just says "pick a QB" and doesnt have enough balls or conviction to name what QB to pick automatically gets ignored. There is a VERY good chance that only 1 QB comes out of this better than average. THose people hang their opinions on a notion rather than evaluating the players. Such narrow minded thinking doesnt deserve consideration.

Any poster that thinks Barkley got shut out in ANY game he has played in his college career hasnt watched him. In every game that Ive seen (not just highlights or a cut-up) he has had a huge impact on the outcome of the game. People point out his game vs Ohio State and Indiana in 2017 as games he didnt do well. If that is your opinion you havent watched the games.

Barkley cant run up the middle? try taking a look at the 2015 game vs Ohio State when Penn actually ran a pro-style offense. Barkley ran all over that star-studded defense.

Barkley is not a normal RB. If you give him problems in the run game, he will find a way to make his mark and hurt you.

Some say RB doesnt have the same impact that QB has on a game....compared the the QBs coming out this year. Barkley absolutely impacted football games way more than any other QB this year. In fact, there are 3 college seasons full of evidence of how much more Barkley impacted a football vs Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, and Allen.

Comment

Gallman is avg 4.3 yards per. and he wasnt a #2 overall pick.
                Gallman is 6'2 215 & Barkley at 6' 233lbs still is way faster. 4.4 40 - 4.6 40 .Only 21 reps on the bench while Barkley put up 37
                Vertical jump of 29.5 Barkley was 41', Plz, don't even try & compare the 2. If Gallman got 4.3 ypc, what do you think Barkley will avg behind a better/improved OL?

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

Jacobs and Bradshaw were pretty good at it.
                  Excellent Giant running backs in a more recent era...but not the 3&1, 3&2 "sure thing" of Hampton/Anderson...3rd & 5, to 3rd & 8 NO Giant was more reliable than Mark Bavaro & no NOT Shockey

Comment

haha i think you missed my deleted thread about mara being a mouse when i was venting.
                    Last night? No, I saw it. Gold, pure gold!

Comment

Originally posted by foxie View Post
                      Excellent Giant running backs in a more recent era...but not the 3&1, 3&2 "sure thing" of Hampton/Anderson...3rd & 5, to 3rd & 8 NO Giant was more reliable than Mark Bavaro & no NOT Shockey
                      ??? Find one post I ever said anything about Shockey?

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

??? Find one post I ever said anything about Shockey?
                        little thin skinned?...Really, who cares?, Just making a point on a Clutch Giant TE Bavaro

Comment

gallman is avg 4.3 yards per. and he wasnt a #2 overall pick.
                          not big on avgs and i gave barkley 4 just as a number.

if you looked at emmitt smith and barry sanders alone and not with their respective pro team, based on what you see, who was the better RB?

Comment

Originally posted by NYtoSanDiego View Post

not big on avgs and i gave barkley 4 just as a number.

if you looked at emmitt smith and barry sanders alone and not with their respective pro team, based on what you see, who was the better RB?
                            Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                              I've seen us in 3rd and 1 plenty of times, and getting stuffed. Regardless of o-line play if he can make someone miss and pick up that 1 yard the majority of the time he'd be a huge upgrade on that alone.
                              Point taken. BUT how do they defend other teams? They’re going to have to outscore everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by foxie View Post
                                i still think that stems from the current CBA and the teams identity, the ability and inability to convert 3rd and inches.

never said barkely would have a better success rate on 3rd and inches or goal line situations, but he gives the best chance in a long time to get into 3rd and manageable situations. i would love to see the giants this year in the top 5 in 3rd down efficiency.

the balance of being able to run or pass on 1st, 2nd down 3rd down will help. the 2016 and 2017 giants would try to get a run game going but in the 2nd half unless they had a lead the run game was abandoned.

Comment

Working...
                                X