Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to understand that they did not love any one of these quarterbacks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so hard to understand that they did not love any one of these quarterbacks?

So they took the best player in the draft.

Period.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

I wasnt impressed with any of them. Watched barkley all season. Wanted him day one, never thought we'd get him. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
      I wasnt impressed with any of them. Watched barkley all season. Wanted him day one, never thought we'd get him. Love it.
      My friend I am ECSTATIC!!!

Comment

duh...because we're smarter! Plus, being a GM is really a part time job. I have a normal job and scout on my spare time..that's how easy it is.

/sarcasm off

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Period.
          I believe Barkley has been their #1 guy for a long time.
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Period.
            Giants .com reported that the phones did not ring after mayfield was picked at 1 overall.

None of the teams were impressed enough with Darnold to trade up to take him.

Rosen and allen both were falling. nobody wanted those 2 either.

Denver passed on both of them.... nobody trade with the colts. etc.

right or wrong NFL teams were not all that impressed except for mayfield apparently.

Comment

No one of these QBs was a homerun worthy of a upper draft pick. IMO: 4 teams got burned with the hype. The Browns The Jets The Bills and the Cardinals. What do they all have in common ( desperation) not one SB win in 48 years.
              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by Moecoastie77 View Post
                duh...because we're smarter! Plus, being a GM is really a part time job. I have a normal job and scout on my spare time..that's how easy it is.

/sarcasm off
                I like this...
                Hey, I watch YouTube clips of football highlights. That makes me a talent evaluator.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

Oh 100% brother. I couldn't stand all the bs articles about how you don't take a RB so high. Guess what Bill Belichick took a RB in the first round.

This kid is exactly what this offense needed, this TEAM needed. We needed a better offense, period. Barkley is a 3 down back that is a threat to score on every play, just like Odell. You can't stack the box against him, you can't drop extra guys in coverage... He's so versatile with his receiving and pass protection.

We could be so lucky to find another LaDainian Tomlinson.

Comment

Would I have preferred a QB with the #2 pick? sure. but only if he was the right choice. My high school football career 15 years ago and ability to watch highlight tapes in my underwear at night before bed doesn't exactly make me a master of talent evaluation.

I am happy with the pick, not gonna **** and moan like many of these morons on here. Either get on board or get lost

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

Yes sir.
                      I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

Giants .com reported that the phones did not ring after mayfield was picked at 1 overall.

None of the teams were impressed enough with Darnold to trade up to take him.

Rosen and allen both were falling. nobody wanted those 2 either.

Denver passed on both of them.... nobody trade with the colts. etc.

right or wrong NFL teams were not all that impressed except for mayfield apparently.
                        That is good to hear that the Giants did not get one damn offer. I was curious how that played out.

I also did not think we could get Barkley either, we can fix the line.its not the end of the world like some of these upset fans are crying about

I think some of these fans that are upset need to realize we can't fix this whole roster in one draft... Im happy with Barkley. We can build around him.
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post

That is good to hear that the Giants did not get one damn offer. I was curious how that played out.

I also did not think we could get Barkley either, we can fix the line.its not the end of the world like some of these upset fans are crying about

I think some of these fans that are upset need to realize we can't fix this whole roster in one draft... Im happy with Barkley. We can build around him.
                          ​​​​​​
                          well i didnt say they didn't get one damn offer... the quote i think was that even though gettlmen said not to bother answering the phones because they were going to take barkley...but it din't matter because .
                          "The phones were not ringing anyway"

you can listen to the bigbluekickoff live show at giants.com to get the exact quote and hear the discussion

http://www.giants.com/bigbluekickofflive.html

Comment

Not to mention they really like the guy that is waiting in the wings Davis Webb. Why is not getting mentioned anywhere.

Comment

The people whining about Barkley are the same people who whined all last year about Eli. Maybe if they watched entire college games instead of youtube highlight videos, they would see things like the Darnold fumble machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X