Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to understand that they did not love any one of these quarterbacks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

So nobody called to trade up for Barkley either.
    Has anyone heard of any team ever trading up to #2 for a rb? I havenít. And no that doesnít mean that the value wasnít there. Itís just really unconventional. People generally trade up to two because they see tremendous value in a potential franchise qb.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

Has anyone heard of any team ever trading up to #2 for a rb? I havenít. And no that doesnít mean that the value wasnít there. Itís just really unconventional. People generally trade up to two because they see tremendous value in a potential franchise qb.
      Unconventional is passing on a QB when you have a 37 yr old QB and a 3 win team. If Barkley is soooo great, somebody could have traded up. That phone not ringing wasn't so key b/c QB's were in question and last I checked two of the top 3 picks were QB. Whose to say the 3 win Giants circus made the right choice? They've been wrong for years in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Oh 100% brother. I couldn't stand all the bs articles about how you don't take a RB so high. Guess what Bill Belichick took a RB in the first round.

This kid is exactly what this offense needed, this TEAM needed. We needed a better offense, period. Barkley is a 3 down back that is a threat to score on every play, just like Odell. You can't stack the box against him, you can't drop extra guys in coverage... He's so versatile with his receiving and pass protection.

We could be so lucky to find another LaDainian Tomlinson.

Comment

Unconventional is passing on a QB when you have a 37 yr old QB and a 3 win team. If Barkley is soooo great, somebody could have traded up. That phone not ringing wasn't so key b/c QB's were in question and last I checked two of the top 3 picks were QB. Whose to say the 3 win Giants circus made the right choice? They've been wrong for years in the draft.
          Yes, 2 of the top 3 picks were QBs, you're right.

You know what other teams have "been wrong for years in the draft"? The Browns and the Jets. The teams picking QBs in 2 of the first 3 spots. One has never been in the SB, the other hasn't been in the SB since Lyndon Johnson was President.

Comment

suprised you didn't charge the field after the Giants big third win last season to tear down the goalposts.

Surprised you are still posting here after none of the first four Giant draft picks weren't a QB. How will you ever get to sleep tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

Surprised you are still posting here after none of the first four Giant draft picks weren't a QB. How will you ever get to sleep tonight?
              Lmao
              “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Why are people still *****ing about the team not grabbing a QB? They pretty much told us exactly what they were going to do by their trades, free agency, and their words.
                “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

Oh, there will be plenty of em. I already got their names written down & will be looking for the hypocrites during the season. They'll probably have bought Barkley jerseys by now & not even wanna admit it.

Comment

Oh 100% brother. I couldn't stand all the bs articles about how you don't take a RB so high. Guess what Bill Belichick took a RB in the first round.

This kid is exactly what this offense needed, this TEAM needed. We needed a better offense, period. Barkley is a 3 down back that is a threat to score on every play, just like Odell. You can't stack the box against him, you can't drop extra guys in coverage... He's so versatile with his receiving and pass protection.

We could be so lucky to find another LaDainian Tomlinson.
                    More like a bigger, faster barry sanders with WR hands. His parents live a mile from me. Ive watched him since he played youth football at hokendaqua. He was a talent back then too and we are fortunate to have him. He wants to be an all time great. His Talent is off the charts, and only time will tell.....oh and agreed..all the you cant take a rb at #2 crap was nonsense. People are still crying about it.
                    Last edited by JameyC; 04-28-2018, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

I agree that he will be a stud.. But, when Eli is gone, whose going to get him the ball? We are now headed down the road of Danny Kannel, Dave Brown, & Kent Graham. Is Barkley gonna win us a SB with one of those guys as our QB?
                      Come on now! The Ravens got a SB with Trent Dilfert as a QB at our expense! He threw only 1 TD (150 or so total yards) and the Ravens put 37 on us! Jamal Lewis had over 100 yards rushing and a rushing TD if memory serves me right. Football is a team sport and while 1 guy can make a difference, the entire team has to be on the same page to win the big prize.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post

Yes, 2 of the top 3 picks were QBs, you're right.

You know what other teams have "been wrong for years in the draft"? The Browns and the Jets. The teams picking QBs in 2 of the first 3 spots. One has never been in the SB, the other hasn't been in the SB since Lyndon Johnson was President.
                        Hahaha that's good

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

Lmfao
                        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

More like a bigger, faster barry sanders with WR hands. His parents live a mile from me. Ive watched him since he played youth football at hokendaqua. He was a talent back then too and we are fortunate to have him. He wants to be an all time great. His Talent is off the charts, and only time will tell.....oh and agreed..all the you cant take a rb at #2 crap was nonsense. People are still crying about it.
                          I'm just ECSTATIC we finally have a great RB. Especially after the David Wilson tragedy, he would have been a good one. He had a special kind of balance and smoothness to his running style.

We got THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT... still can't believe it. That doesn't tend to happen to us, at least not straight out from the gate.
                          "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Our Offense got a lot more talented in the first two rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Moecoastie77 View Post
                              duh...because we're smarter! Plus, being a GM is really a part time job. I have a normal job and scout on my spare time..that's how easy it is.

/sarcasm off
                              Most accurate Post of the week!!!! LOL well done.

Comment

So they took the best player in the draft.

Period.
                                Whether any of those QB's turn into Brady really doesn't concern me. How well we do is the concern. All those QB's right now are a gamble for any team.
                                Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Working...
                                X