A Letter to NFL GMs By Kyle Lauletta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

No you should not accept mediocre play but you should get behind Eli and show him some respect. After all he has been our franchise QB for over a decade and we have won two SB's with him under center. The guy should at least be given one more shot especially since our new GM is trying to fix the OL has added a new running threat by adding Barkley, and fixing the mess that Reese has left us with. Let's see what Eli can do with an improved OL and all the weapons we now have. If Eli cannot produce any longer under improved circumstances he will be gone soon enough.
    I don't feel I have to show respect to players on a message board....Minchia, if saying he doesn't throw a tight spiral gets your shorts all tight on ya, I can just imagine how you would react if I said he sucked...That said, like it or not he's our qb and of course I'm hoping for him to do well !!

Comment

Seems like a good kid. Very accurate passer with decent arm strength. Hoping the best for him.
      Guessing new management aren't that high on Webb.
      On another topic, this place would be much better if people who don't know anything about football would with less conviction. Fact is, you really have no idea what this kid may become. If he doesn't pan out, so be it. Most fourth and fifth rounders don't amount to much.
      Just be a good fan and move along with your life. Stop living vicariously through these players.

Comment

Great read. Thanks for posting. This and seeing his Senior Bowl tape makes me feel a lot better about the pick. He out played all the big names that day in Mobile
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Thanks for posting this letter. I am excited to see the battle to see who succeeds Eli.....DW or KL

Comment

Senior Bowl Highlights

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6PcYBLpSMZc
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

No you should not accept mediocre play but you should get behind Eli and show him some respect. After all he has been our franchise QB for over a decade and we have won two SB's with him under center. The guy should at least be given one more shot especially since our new GM is trying to fix the OL has added a new running threat by adding Barkley, and fixing the mess that Reese has left us with. Let's see what Eli can do with an improved OL and all the weapons we now have. If Eli cannot produce any longer under improved circumstances he will be gone soon enough.
              absolutely.....the guy won us two SBs........we should all love and appreciate him for that. And, cut him some slack.

In addition, this past season was not his fault.....look at the deck of cards dealt to him. Not good at all.

Comment

That's the problem. Eli haters are dreading seeing him ball out now that he finally has a real run game & improved OL. They really are blaming just him for the O's inability to put up 30 pts these past 2 yrs. They really feel that a WR corps of King, Lewis plus RBs Darkwa, Perkins along with a power OL consisting of Flowers, Pugh, bubble butt Hart & company should have been more than enough for Eli to light up the scoreboard & the Giants to be 10-6 last yr.

I'm just glad that the new GM/HC saw what I saw the past few yrs & agree that it wasn't Eli that was the problem. If he was, why is 4/5ths of the OL from the past few yrs gone now? Why draft a RB #1 if Eli was the problem. Why pay mega $$$ to Solder if Eli was the problem? You don't do all that if the QB was the problem. You draft QB #1, that the Giants didn't, tells you Eli wasn't the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

That's the problem. Eli haters are dreading seeing him ball out now that he finally has a real run game & improved OL. They really are blaming just him for the O's inability to put up 30 pts these past 2 yrs. They really feel that a WR corps of King, Lewis plus RBs Darkwa, Perkins along with a power OL consisting of Flowers, Pugh, bubble butt Hart & company should have been more than enough for Eli to light up the scoreboard & the Giants to be 10-6 last yr.

I'm just glad that the new GM/HC saw what I saw the past few yrs & agree that it wasn't Eli that was the problem. If he was, why is 4/5ths of the OL from the past few yrs gone now? Why draft a RB #1 if Eli was the problem. Why pay mega $$$ to Solder if Eli was the problem? You don't do all that if the QB was the problem. You draft QB #1, that the Giants didn't, tells you Eli wasn't the problem!
                  Very well said...We can say Eli was part of the problem but not the only problem for the poor offensive production that some on here have eluded to...

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                    He was clearly the best QB that day. I personally donít expect anything from Webb or Lauletta but if one of them pans out itíll be huge for the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAussieGiant View Post

He was clearly the best QB that day. I personally donít expect anything from Webb or Lauletta but if one of them pans out itíll be huge for the franchise.
                      Some comparing him to a young Jimmy G

4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE

Comment

This kid does seem like he has his priorities in order and I sincerely hope he reaches the level that he aspires. On the other side of the coin, this sounds like one of the reaches and "against the odds" picks we've seen from JR.

Comment

I already like him better than Davis Webb lol Hope this kids good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJN View Post

I don't feel I have to show respect to players on a message board....Minchia, if saying he doesn't throw a tight spiral gets your shorts all tight on ya, I can just imagine how you would react if I said he sucked...That said, like it or not he's our qb and of course I'm hoping for him to do well !!

Style points for the Sicilian dialect.

Comment

Im a fan of ANYONE who is willing to put it all on the line. Obviously, he is emotionally bothered by the shade of the shadows but again to put it out there says a lot to me. There may possibly be something here. Could this be a year that we carry 3 QBs? Maybe a practice squad player? Looking forward to watching all this pan out.

Comment

Was worried he was going to say 107 mistakes were made

Comment

Working...
                                X