Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why draft a QB when our own coach says he lacks Elite arm strength?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why draft a QB when our own coach says he lacks Elite arm strength?

That was Shurmurs quote in the espn.com article.

Seems like a throwaway pick, IMO.

.... and more disappointing than Nassib, Webb, Woodward, etc., because Gettleman's actually has history of later round gems being discovered.

hate this pick, in an otherwise amazing draft class for our team.

It was said at the time of his draft that Peyton Manning didnít have elite arm strength, same for Joe Montana and Tom Brady........how did those situations work out?

Comment

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/3/20...gland-patriots

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/04/nfl_draft_2018_who_is_kyle_lauletta_scouting_repor.html

a passer rating of 153 in three full seasons as a starter. that is nothing to sneeze at

if he had a slightly stronger arm he would be a round 1 guy...... well worth where they got him

Comment

dont know much of the guy and keep trying to picture a comp. So far Ive come up with Foles, Keenum, A. Smith. To those that are familiar with the player, am I way off?

Comment

Originally posted by Moecoastie77 View Post
          dont know much of the guy and keep trying to picture a comp. So far Ive come up with Foles, Keenum, A. Smith. To those that are familiar with the player, am I way off?
          Donít know.....he is a rookie and to compare to any NFL veteran QB is not possible at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

Donít know.....he is a rookie and to compare to any NFL veteran QB is not possible at this point.
            hmm...thought it was common practice to provide best/worst comps for prospects? well, if anyone has an opinion of any comps...I'd love to hear it

Comment

This is the only pick so far I dislike, this is a Reese special right here he drafted a QB in the 3rd or 4th round every single year just so they could fight it out with last year's backup to see who gets to hold the clipboard all year and never play. They are supposedly so high on Webb I can't see them cutting him so either we keep 3 QBs which is an utter waste of a roster spot or this guy gets cut and we just threw our 4th rounder away. Makes no sense at all to me..

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                This is the only pick so far I dislike, this is a Reese special right here he drafted a QB in the 3rd or 4th round every single year just so they could fight it out with last year's backup to see who gets to hold the clipboard all year and never play. They are supposedly so high on Webb I can't see them cutting him so either we keep 3 QBs which is an utter waste of a roster spot or this guy gets cut and we just threw our 4th rounder away. Makes no sense at all to me..
                Or he becomes another jimmy G and we end up with a great QB or 1st round pick down the road...

risk reward on him as a pick is good

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post
                  It was said at the time of his draft that Peyton Manning didnít have elite arm strength, same for Joe Montana and Tom Brady........how did those situations work out?
                  There you go using facts on a NY Giants forum,shame on you.

Comment

Well, this pick seems like confirmation that the Giants really weren't high on any of the QBs available in the earlier rounds. It's hard to say how it will pan out.

QB is the most important position. Ideally, you would have a young player who you think is ready to be the face of the franchise, and then a proven veteran back-up, I guess, but not every team is going to be in that position.

The Giants now have a veteran who will have a year or two to make another run, before retiring. And a couple of young guys who know that they have a chance to compete for a starting job that will become available soon, whenever it happens, exactly.

So, it is what it is. It might not be ideal, but at least the team has some options moving forward.

Comment

Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, David Klingler and many more had "elite' arm strength.

Comment

Originally posted by cpirish View Post
                        That was Shurmurs quote in the espn.com article.

Seems like a throwaway pick, IMO.

.... and more disappointing than Nassib, Webb, Woodward, etc., because Gettleman's actually has history of later round gems being discovered.

hate this pick, in an otherwise amazing draft class for our team.
                        Here kid shined in Senior Bowl

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6PcYBLpSMZc
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Also look up and read the letter he wrote to NFL GMs
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Moecoastie77 View Post
                            Drew Stanton they say but to me its Jeff Garcia.

Comment

LOL...just read Dallas drafted a QB 2 years after landing their "franchise" QB! LOL..yeah, Dak was the reason they were so good 2 season ago..LOL. RB had NOTHING to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X