Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why draft a QB when our own coach says he lacks Elite arm strength?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post
    It was said at the time of his draft that Peyton Manning didnít have elite arm strength, same for Joe Montana and Tom Brady........how did those situations work out?
    Difference between elite arm strength and a kid who throws like any HS QB. There isn't much gametape on him because he played at Richmond but that William and Mary game scared the crap out of me. He can not push the ball from the far hash to the sideline.Throw in the NJ weather I just don't see it.
    Disclaimer:
    I admit I'm being less than fair judging him on this little gametape
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-28-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

Or he becomes another jimmy G and we end up with a great QB or 1st round pick down the road...

risk reward on him as a pick is good
      Exactly if he and Webb turn out to be starting caliber QBs that just turns into draft picks,kid kinda reminds me of a Romo type accurate with good mobility.

Comment

pat shurmur was just on tv said arm strength is the least important thing for a QB he said its like 4th on the list

timing accuracy anticipation mobility, intelligence work ethic are what to look for in a QB

arm strength is bit overrated as QB trait

Comment

Waste of a pick and waste of a roster spot if we carry 3 QBs. Gettlemen just got "too cute" on himself
          Last edited by uther99; 04-28-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

in the 4th round...nobody checks all the boxes.

as far as arm strength. Ive read in many places that elite arm strength is more of a luxury. Opens up the playbook more. As long as the QB can make all the necessary throws..that's the base-line bottom bar for arm strength

Its also the default compliment for a crappy QB. sorta like saying a basketball guard cant shoot...but he can dunk!
            Last edited by Moecoastie77; 04-28-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

I did not see Shurmur on ESPN, but on NFL channel. He said decision making, mobility and smarts override arm strength. He repeated his mobility factor on Lauletta.

Comment

I feel like we might have gotten a steal with this kid. Word is NE was gonna draft him if we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                  I feel like we might have gotten a steal with this kid. Word is NE was gonna draft him if we didn't.
                  That is good to hear. BB is not usually wrong about talent. If he selected him nobody in NFL or fans would be questioning the pick lol
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

That is good to hear. BB is not usually wrong about talent. If he selected him nobody in NFL or fans would be questioning the pick lol
                    umm...from what I can see. He's not very good at evaluating college prospects. Really good at his FA hauls though.

Comment

Originally posted by cpirish View Post
                      That was Shurmurs quote in the espn.com article.

Seems like a throwaway pick, IMO.

.... and more disappointing than Nassib, Webb, Woodward, etc., because Gettleman's actually has history of later round gems being discovered.

hate this pick, in an otherwise amazing draft class for our team.
                      Because elite arm strength is amoungst the least important attributes in a QB these days

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

Difference between elite arm strength and a kid who throws like any HS QB. There isn't much gametape on him because he played at Richmond but that William and Mary game scared the crap out of me. He can not push the ball from the far hash to the sideline.Throw in the NJ weather I just don't see it.
                        Disclaimer:
                        Heís limited, no doubt. He has good accuracy though.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                          This is the only pick so far I dislike, this is a Reese special right here he drafted a QB in the 3rd or 4th round every single year just so they could fight it out with last year's backup to see who gets to hold the clipboard all year and never play. They are supposedly so high on Webb I can't see them cutting him so either we keep 3 QBs which is an utter waste of a roster spot or this guy gets cut and we just threw our 4th rounder away. Makes no sense at all to me..
                          Who supposed they were so High on Webb? Did you? Did anyone say he is the future QB or getting handed the job? Management? Ownership? Coaches? Did you want to see him get handed the job? If so, why? You don't like the idea of competition for Webb? Or are you saying that they should just cut Webb because they drafted Lauleta? You're sure Lauleta isn't better than Webb? How did you reach that conclusion? You're sure they didn't just upgrade the QB position with a 4th rd pick? Was not Lauleta picked to go in the second? ( 55th by mayock). Did we not need a QB? Was it not value? Was it not need?
                          Did we not need at least a 3rd QB? With an upcoming Eli retirement in the next few years did you want us to pick up a vet retread instead? If so, why?
                          You're sure neither Wbb or the new guy can develop into our starting QB? How did you reach that conclusion? Based on what?

He was the highest rated player on the board at a position of need., bottom line, sound pick.

Comment

Originally posted by BROADWAYSTORM View Post

Drew Stanton they say but to me its Jeff Garcia.
                            Consensus says Garcia or Keenum.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

Disclaimer:
                              Not true. watch luke falk and kyle lauletta side by side ...the highlights are on youtube

luke falk has a weak arm..so much so he was not draftable to my eyes... lauletta has a strong enough arm....way stronger than luke falk for example... definitely not HS level... that's just total BS

at least watch the freakin highlights before regurgitating total BS nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Because elite arm strength is amoungst the least important attributes in a QB these days
                                ^^^that^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X