Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why draft a QB when our own coach says he lacks Elite arm strength?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
    I feel like we might have gotten a steal with this kid. Word is NE was gonna draft him if we didn't.
    NE traded down right after the NYG took lauletta.... that could not be a coincidence i dont think

Comment

I think some competition for the future QB spot is good. Who knows what our QB Wizard can squeeze out of both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

Not true. watch luke falk and kyle lauletta side by side ...the highlights are on youtube

luke falk has a weak arm..so much so he was not draftable to my eyes... lauletta has a strong enough arm....way stronger than luke falk for example... definitely not HS level... that's just total BS

at least watch the freakin highlights before regurgitating total BS nonsense
        I did watch, he has a very weak arm, no zip at all on the ball outside the hash marks. Way below average arm for an legit NFL prospect, I was being facetious with the HS thing. Just so you know Falk and Lauletta scored the same on ball velocity at the combine. For those who say hey a 2mph difference doesn't matter , your wrong. Every 2mph equals 3 feet on a 20 yard throw. A lot of space for NFL DB's.
        the assist from Benjamin Allbright with the last stat

Ourlads.com

Austin Allen - Arkansas - 53 (left), 54 (right)

Josh Allen - Wyoming - 62 (left), 62 (right)

JT Barrett - Ohio State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Kurt Benkert - Virginia - 55 (left), 56 (right)

Sam Darnold - Southern Cal - did not throw

Danny Etling - LSU - 54 (left), 56 (right)

Luke Falk - Washington State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Riley Ferguson - Memphis - 52 (left), 54 (right)

Quinton Flowers - South Florida - 49 (left), 49 (right)

Lamar Jackson - Louisville - 49 (left), 49 (right)

Kyle Lauletta - Richmond - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Tanner Lee - Nebraska - 56 (left), 57 (right)

Chase Litton - Marshall - 53 (left), 55 (right)

Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma - 59 (left), 60 (right)

Josh Rosen - UCLA - 57 (left), 59 (right)

Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Nic Shimonek - Texas Tech - 55 (left), 55 (right)

Mike White - Western Kentucky - 53 (left), 55 (right)

Logan Woodside - Toledo - 52 (left), 52 (right)
        Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-28-2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

I did watch, he has a very weak arm, no zip at all on the ball outside the hash marks. Way below average arm.
          well... its true he does not have the strongest arm...he isn't josh allen... but compared to luke falk he has a rocket...

so his arm isn't elite? so what?

Obviously coach Shurnur and Dave Gettlmen and the scouting Department thought he had a strong enough arm to draft him.....

He is now a NY Giant so.... I'm on board with the pick

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post

Who supposed they were so High on Webb? Did you? Did anyone say he is the future QB or getting handed the job? Management? Ownership? Coaches? Did you want to see him get handed the job? If so, why? You don't like the idea of competition for Webb? Or are you saying that they should just cut Webb because they drafted Lauleta? You're sure Lauleta isn't better than Webb? How did you reach that conclusion? You're sure they didn't just upgrade the QB position with a 4th rd pick? Was not Lauleta picked to go in the second? ( 55th by mayock). Did we not need a QB? Was it not value? Was it not need?
            Did we not need at least a 3rd QB? With an upcoming Eli retirement in the next few years did you want us to pick up a vet retread instead? If so, why?
            You're sure neither Wbb or the new guy can develop into our starting QB? How did you reach that conclusion? Based on what?

He was the highest rated player on the board at a position of need., bottom line, sound pick.
            Wow.. I've reached the conclusion you're a spa zz. if you haven't seen tons of articles about how the Giant coaches and management are always complimenting Webb then I suggest you read more articles about the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Moecoastie77 View Post

umm...from what I can see. He's not very good at evaluating college prospects. Really good at his FA hauls though.
              He's made a career out of these WRs he's found for years and RBs. He's found some pretty decent talent always pivkipi in bottom of Draft
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Full disclosure, if it were JR who made that pick I would be going bat **** over it.

I think the kid may have more talent than Nassib but we still have a needy roster and I'd rather take a chance on a CB than a 3rd string QB who's arm strength is questionable.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

It didn't keep Case Keenum from looking good in Shurmur Offensive System maybe that is what they see in him that Determination that Case Keenum had despite not being the ideal size and not having the ideal arm strength

Also not sure about his Arm being "WEAK" it is probably just not as the other prospects in his class but it doesn't look "WEAK" at all honestly...

His Determination off the field is the same on the field it seems I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

He's made a career out of these WRs he's found for years and RBs. He's found some pretty decent talent always pivkipi in bottom of Draft
                    Edelman, and....?

Comment

Most of the picks...imo are 1's & 2's fopr this year....we don't need a starting QB.this year..and if Manning improves because of the new help...maybe not next year either.so why not get a project that can be developed...If Webb..has a good preseason, & if he's still here in 2...could be the number 1 and we'll have yet another home grown in the stable with Lauletta,...let this play out.....This entire draft has my curiosity piqued.

Comment

Jeff George had a cannon for an arm.......could make all the throws...and he was a journeyman at best. Arm strength isn't the be all end all for a QB

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Here kid shined in Senior Bowl

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6PcYBLpSMZc
                          Good highlites. I like it

Comment

Don't love this pick with Webb already the backup with a much higher ceiling. We could have used other positional depth that would have been more likely to contribute seeing as we're trying to win now.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybagadonutz23 View Post
                              Don't love this pick with Webb already the backup with a much higher ceiling. We could have used other positional depth that would have been more likely to contribute seeing as we're trying to win now.
                              who would you have picked in the 4th? I tried mocking the 4th and 5th round and had a hard time with the 4th. Curious to know who you would have picked.

As far as 2 young QBs...Im more excited about the idea that this QB room will be so hyper-competitive between two young players who seem to have similarly strong and meticulous worth ethics. They both have gone their entire amateur and now pro career having to prove everyone wrong and have developed a drive and commitment not often seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                                It didn't keep Case Keenum from looking good in Shurmur Offensive System maybe that is what they see in him that Determination that Case Keenum had despite not being the ideal size and not having the ideal arm strength

Also not sure about his Arm being "WEAK" it is probably just not as the other prospects in his class but it doesn't look "WEAK" at all honestly...

His Determination off the field is the same on the field it seems I like it!
                                Keenum has a much stronger arm than this kid. The vast majority of NFL QB's that have thrown at the combine throw at a velocity of 55mph. Keenum was 55mph. That means on a 20 yard out at the sideline Keenums ball will be hitting the receivers hands while Kyle Laulettas ball will be 4-1/2 feet away. Thats enough time for a CB to get his hand in there and pick off the ball
                                Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-28-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X