Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why draft a QB when our own coach says he lacks Elite arm strength?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

UMMM, this is a mock draft from a random poster from their mock draft contest (100's of them on their site by the way). I could make one right now and show him as an UDFA that doesn't mean Ourlads wasn't high on Lauletta.
    oh ok dude... no matter

kyle lauletta is a New York Giant. It's all good. Every one has their opinions and none of them matter but the The Giants really anyway.

mph is irrelevant if you according to former NFL QB trent dilfer. So you'll understand if i believe him over angry anonymous random arm chair message board GM. (you). No offense.
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-29-2018, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cpirish View Post
      That was Shurmurs quote in the espn.com article.

Seems like a throwaway pick, IMO.

.... and more disappointing than Nassib, Webb, Woodward, etc., because Gettleman's actually has history of later round gems being discovered.

hate this pick, in an otherwise amazing draft class for our team.
      "Elite arm strength" for an NFL QB has been grossly overrated. It can often translate into that old joke about the gorilla who could drive a golf ball 300 yards. Remember Jeff George from the 90s, Cutler, Jamarcus Russell all had elite arm strength, just to name 3 big time high draft disappointments over the last 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

oh ok dude... no matter

kyle lauletta is a New York Giant. It's all good. Every one has their opinions and none of them matter but the The Giants really anyway.

mph is irrelevant if you according to former NFL QB trent dilfer. So you'll understand if i believe him over angry anonymous random arm chair message board GM. (you). No offense.
        Huh I'm surprised you don't take random guys information more seriously considering you tried to use a random persons Mock draft from a contest as contextual evidence.

This random arm chair message board GM is coming with numbers not opinions.
        Almost every starting QB in the NFL throws at least 55mph but lets ignore that because Trent Dilfer says so. Again remember what I said about opinion vs Fact . I'm going on statistical odds . The statistical odds say this guy won't be a starting NFL QB.

Knowing the NFL is a game of inches to me its a big deal that his ball will give DB's more of a chance at the ball. Let Dilfer tell me when its in mid December in the 4th quarter and you need to drive the ball though the wind in Metlife stadium that arm strength doesn't matter. Is it as important as vision and accuracy no, but 9 times out of 10 not only do quality NFL QB's have those skills they also have arm strength. Are there outliers? Of course but your going against probability.
        Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-29-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

More important is if he has elite head strength.
          "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

.... and more disappointing than Nassib, Webb, Woodward, etc., because Gettleman's actually has history of later round gems being discovered.

Actually it's not what he said........listen and learn..................

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...8-2faeea07f375

Comment

Remember Bobby Douglas?

He could throw it through a brick wall.

Unfortunately, nobody could catch a ball thrown that hard.
              "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

you are misquoting him. Oh, by the way, have you watched any videos on him? Maybe you should. This thread should be delete, it does not cast you in a positive light.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

We don't know if Lamar Jackson is NFL viable. Also I'd say Jacksons athletic ability changes things a tad, He rushed for 1600 yards.
                  If Lamar Jackson's arm measured weaker than Lauletta's on the list, AND he was drafted in the first round, it follows that Lauletta's one weakness -arm strength- is not enough to say he can't be a good NFL QB.

Comment

I'll take accuracy over a cannon arm anytime. Look at highlight reels, he can get it downfield with accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post

If Lamar Jackson's arm measured weaker than Lauletta's on the list, AND he was drafted in the first round, it follows that Lauletta's one weakness -arm strength- is not enough to say he can't be a good NFL QB.
                      that's funny becasue Lamar jackson can throw the ball 95 yards, further than josh allen. so much for ourlads data.

Comment

that's funny becasue Lamar jackson can throw the ball 95 yards, further than josh allen. so much for ourlads data.
                        I was just going by that list. If it's wrong then forget my analysis based upon it.
                        Still, though, I am not without hope that Lauletta could develop into a good NFL QB. Alot of the experts speak highly of him.

Comment

And how often does a QB throw for 95 yards? Definitely not in our stadium.

Comment

I hate the pick because he's a qb but you don't need elite arm strength to be a succeed in the nfl.

Comment

Saw an interview with Brian Billick on NFL Network and he said in his opinion, Lauletta was the best QB selection of the draft, specifically due to where the Giants selected him. He said it was a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by SoJucobast View Post
                                Saw an interview with Brian Billick on NFL Network and he said in his opinion, Lauletta was the best QB selection of the draft, specifically due to where the Giants selected him. He said it was a steal.
                                For what it's worth, here it is:
                                http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...the-2018-draft

Comment

Working...
                                X