Grade the Giants draft A-F

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade the Giants draft A-F

+ and - can be used in the grade as well. I give it an A-. The way I look at it we got the best player in the draft and one guy with a missed first round grade and 2 guys with 2nd round grades in Lauletta and Lorenzo. The pair of DTs help but the only reason the grade isn't an A is simply because I think we drafted one DT too many. Overall this draft was a success and made us a better team

A- is a good grade.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/teams?team=NYG

barkley graded 7.45 (1st overall)

w. hernandez graded 6.12

l. carter graded 5.85

bj hill graded 5.62

kyle lauletta graded 5.31

rj mcintosh graded 5.48
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-28-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I didn't see a QB coming after we passed in the 1st.. or a second DT

first 3 picks were an A+ for me..

I think we left some big holes at CB, RT, WR.. you can't fill every need with only 6 picks

I give this draft B+

should be able to give a better grade in 3 years

Comment

We got football players. Something that we have been lacking in for a long time. I give it an A

We filled needs, got the best player in the draft. Added depth on the d-line, got another QB to learn and hopefully grow, and a big nasty offensive lineman.

Comment

B-

Round 1-3: A
          4-5: D

Comment

A-

I like all the picks. My only complaint is that we only got one O lineman. I would have preferred two.

Comment

A for Me! But of course all of these players have to go out and prove themselves in the NFL but I like what Gettleman did for his first Draft as GM of the Giants.

Next you try to find talented overlooked Undrafted Talent that can potential make this Roster. Hopefully Gettleman can find another Andrew Norwell type of player!

Comment

Right now, a B-. Could have done without todays picks. And wanted more value that a RB at #2 overall, especially when the Redskins got Guice late 3rd round. Barkley will be a baller though.

Love Hernandez pick, and the Carter pick and Hill pick are solid.
                http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                  I didn't see a QB coming after we passed in the 1st.. or a second DT

first 3 picks were an A+ for me..

I think we left some big holes at CB, RT, WR.. you can't fill every need with only 6 picks

I give this draft B+

should be able to give a better grade in 3 years
                  I agree with this. Last two picks shouldíve been db and wr

Comment

Personally, I give the draft a B+ for shifting the dynamic of the team. The term "soft" has been applied to my New York Football Giants way too often in the last decade. I expect that to change soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      Right now, a B-. Could have done without todays picks. And wanted more value that a RB at #2 overall, especially when the Redskins got Guice late 3rd round. Barkley will be a baller though.

Love Hernandez pick, and the Carter pick and Hill pick are solid.
                      I believe pure running backs like Guice, Chubb, K. Johnson are the type of runningbacks you do not draft #2. Barkley is not limited to just a pure RB although he possesses those skills and size.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                        A-

I like all the picks. My only complaint is that we only got one O lineman. I would have preferred two.
                        Just a thought I had. D-linemen are used rotationally, so you can find contributors in later rounds.
                        O-lineman play every down, so bringing in another guy who is not better than what you already have, doesn't help much.

Comment

I give an A+ for the first 3 rounds also, Carter in the 3rd rd is a steal plus Hill. Powerhouse first 3 rds. The other rds who knows whatever you get from them is icing on the cake.

Our first 2 picks are not only starters but pro bowl caliber players. We needed and we should have had terrific picks with the first 2 picks. We've hit a Home Run. Love it.

Comment

A- ... could have take Orlando Brown or the other ok available at the pick where we took hill. Also hill the cb was available... either of those picks finished off either the offense or defense.... had we filled either of these holes I give us A or A+... mad we didnít go after griffin he will be a beast one hand or not.
                            NYG Til I Die... Even Tatted in "Big Blue" Blood

Is it football season yet?

Comment

Iíll give us a solid A. There was no way we were going to solve all of our needs, but we added talent that can us a better football team. I think Barkley and Hernandez will not only improve our run game, but but will improve our offense as a whole. Carter and the DTís will give us some different looks for stopping the run and getting to the passer, and Lauletta gives us someone to push Webb.

I actually love love the idea of rotating D Linemen. The Eagles obviously have a lot of talent up front, but that depth keeps there guys from wearing down. I wonder if Snacks Vernon and Tomlinson might be better down the stretch because of the picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X