Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... we got two DTs and just one O lineman. Hmmmm...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So... we got two DTs and just one O lineman. Hmmmm...

    To be clear, I thought this was a really good draft overall. But only one O lineman? I understand we got Solder as a FA, but we also lost arguably our only two decent O linemen from last year, and all we did was draft one guy.

    I think the line will be better than last year, as it's hard not to be, but it still looks like a real problem area. Should we not have gone with Tyrell Crosby over Macintosh?

  • #2
    injury concerns apparently for crosby.... the only reason he was still on the board..... i'd say pj hill is the only Q mark for me... i like mcintosh's potential

    Comment


    • #3
      Would you rather a lesser OL than a better DT?

      That's what it comes down to BPA
      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

      Comment


      • #4
        How quickly fans forget how drained our defensive line was last season. You need depth in this league at that position, perfect example. The Eagles, they have an abundance of depth at defensive line. And they just won the super bowl.

        Its going to take 2 maybe 3 offseasons to fix the offensive line. 10 years of poor draft picks and ignorance caused that.

        Comment


        • #5
          we'll see how Crosby does in Det.

          Im curious to see if GMs had a valid concern or if the posters on these boards who wanted to draft him in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th are smarter. If the posters are wrong, they would have made a mistake rivaling Ereck Flowers.
          Last edited by Moecoastie77; 04-28-2018, 03:36 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
            TI understand we got Solder as a FA, but we also lost arguably our only two decent O linemen from last year, and all we did was draft one guy.
            Well, they also added Omameh at guard, so I guess that the interior is looking to be Omameh, Jones and Hernandez. With Solder at left tackle.

            Right tackle is the question mark, which I guess is why Gettleman previously said that Flowers would be competing for that spot.

            So, we'll see. The picture will probably change between now and the beginning of the season. Not sure if they think that Wheeler might be ready to start at right tackle, or whatever else they may have in mind.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by primetime View Post
              How quickly fans forget how drained our defensive line was last season. You need depth in this league at that position, perfect example. The Eagles, they have an abundance of depth at defensive line. And they just won the super bowl.

              Its going to take 2 maybe 3 offseasons to fix the offensive line. 10 years of poor draft picks and ignorance caused that.
              Good point about the DL.
              Engage brain before speaking.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by speedman View Post

                Good point about the DL.
                They even drafted another Defensive Lineman. I never thought I'd hear the phrase "we have too many defensive lineman" from a giant fan. Hell, the Giants created the damn defensive line rotation system that you see today!

                Giants started many of the defensive trends you see today..including the use of nickle as a base defense. '90 superbowl vs buffalo BB ran nickel most of the game
                Last edited by Moecoastie77; 04-28-2018, 03:50 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Gettelman said Omameh had played right guard in the past, so I suspect we'll see Hernandez at left guard next to Solder and Omameh at right guard, with Wheeler, Biz, or an FA at RT.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by primetime View Post
                    How quickly fans forget how drained our defensive line was last season. You need depth in this league at that position, perfect example. The Eagles, they have an abundance of depth at defensive line. And they just won the super bowl.

                    Its going to take 2 maybe 3 offseasons to fix the offensive line. 10 years of poor draft picks and ignorance caused that.
                    Exactly. Good OL are not produced in off-season. They are going to be 4, possibly 5 new starters blocking for Eli this September. That's going to take some time to gel and figure out who can actually play this game. I want to see a quicker turn around but that is not reality. Too many holes to fill and not enough cap space or picks to do it with.
                    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
                    ― George Carlin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I wish we had taken Orlando brown over B.J. hill and there ere a few other ol I wanted but both dts Are supposed to be good at pass rushing or at least have potential in that area. We currently have run stuffers but no dts pushing the pocket minus Harrison who is eating two blocks every snap. I think we had a great draft but still need to fill that right tackle and cb spot.
                      NYG Til I Die... Even Tatted in "Big Blue" Blood

                      Is it football season yet?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We might get lucky and pick up another guy for the Oline depth chart off of cuts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                          To be clear, I thought this was a really good draft overall. But only one O lineman? I understand we got Solder as a FA, but we also lost arguably our only two decent O linemen from last year, and all we did was draft one guy.

                          I think the line will be better than last year, as it's hard not to be, but it still looks like a real problem area. Should we not have gone with Tyrell Crosby over Macintosh?
                          We could have taken Crosby earlier if you wanted but McIntosh is a risk with that heart condition. Beside after the 3rd rd what are you getting ? Hernandez at #34 is a gift. Snee was also #34. The OL is being built, first 2 bricks in place with Solder and Hernandez. The left side is set for the next 4 years. Next year we add another starter on the right side. Maybe 2 of them.

                          I still wish we signed Fluker. Fluker and Hernandez 2 hogmollies surrounding an under sized Center would be so much help in the middle. I don't know who our RG is but I hope he can run block. Also hope he's big. I honestly would have liked 1 more OL as well. But we got 2 good players on defense in the 3rd rd.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                            To be clear, I thought this was a really good draft overall. But only one O lineman? I understand we got Solder as a FA, but we also lost arguably our only two decent O linemen from last year, and all we did was draft one guy.

                            I think the line will be better than last year, as it's hard not to be, but it still looks like a real problem area. Should we not have gone with Tyrell Crosby over Macintosh?
                            Think they might have jumped on him but he had concussion concerns.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nygon3 View Post
                              I wish we had taken Orlando brown over B.J. hill and there ere a few other ol I wanted but both dts Are supposed to be good at pass rushing or at least have potential in that area. We currently have run stuffers but no dts pushing the pocket minus Harrison who is eating two blocks every snap. I think we had a great draft but still need to fill that right tackle and cb spot.
                              every time Ive heard DG talk about OL, he always talks about bend. I see no bend in Orlando

                              Both DTs drafted are penetrators.

                              After the kid from BC was drafted at the end of the 3rd...there were no DBs worth getting IMO.

                              OTs were a wreck after Richardson came off the board.
                              Last edited by Moecoastie77; 04-28-2018, 04:14 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X