Well, one big area of concern was not addressed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, one big area of concern was not addressed

Cornerback. This is going to be a problem if Apple doesn't step up. This was a strength that became a weakness when they let DRC go and watched C0ckrell walk right out of the door. If anyone here is comfortable with the unimpressive journeymen CB's DG signed, I'm interested in hearing why.

This is a passing league where you need 3 solid corners. I'm absolutely shocked they didn't pick a corner in this draft. Some will say they will pick up someone later. I ask, who? If Jenkins goes down for any period of time, this secondary is toast.

couldn't agree more.. the UDFA list for CBs look good.. hopefully we get a couple of them.. also more cuts coming..

I still can't believe we didn't draft a CB..

Comment

I agree
      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

I agree also. bring back DRC?

Comment

Well I am going to trust the process and have to trust that the roster is in no way done being turned over and feel he will find a way to address it
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Yeah the CBs are weak, but I think Bettcher has more importance on the front seven. They strengthened the front seven with three picks in this draft. Hopefully the pressure they can generate will help the DBs

Comment

Originally posted by coachf14 View Post
              yes please

Comment

Originally posted by coachf14 View Post
                I hope so, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Comment

Well they werenít much of a strength last year. Our secondary was torched a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                    Well they werenít much of a strength last year. Our secondary was torched a lot.
                    Last year was not a good example. The D was awful because the offense couldn't do anything, yet again. DRC and Jenkins were two of the best the year before. The safeties and LB's in coverage was the real issue last season, along with Apple. Collins was burned a lot last season, so are you saying he's not very good either?
                    Last edited by I Bleed Blue; 04-28-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Definitely hope they bring back DRC. He can play outside,the slot and was willing to move to safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                        couldn't agree more.. the UDFA list for CBs look good.. hopefully we get a couple of them.. also more cuts coming..

I still can't believe we didn't draft a CB..
                        Iím with you on that. Was expecting a DB and WR day four

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb50 View Post
                          Definitely hope they bring back DRC. He can play outside,the slot and was willing to move to safety.
                          The report of moving him to safety was disputed and would have been a disaster IMO. I agree with you about playing in the slot and the outside. Bringing him back would breathe a huge sign of relief. If not, we're just going to have to watch things unfold.

Comment

I agree CB was a need and it looks like there is plenty of them not drafted that were highly rated on nfl.com but most of the ones I did a little bit of research on had issues from being arrested to being suspended. Hopefully the g-men can overlook that but that is not the org norm. Maybe they can still find a good UDFA or something.

Comment

This roster has holes everywhere. Canít plug every hole in one offseason. If us fans noticed that the corner back position is in need of some help, Iím pretty sure the Giants do as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X