X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Bleed Blue
    started a topic Well, one big area of concern was not addressed

Well, one big area of concern was not addressed

Cornerback. This is going to be a problem if Apple doesn't step up. This was a strength that became a weakness when they let DRC go and watched C0ckrell walk right out of the door. If anyone here is comfortable with the unimpressive journeymen CB's DG signed, I'm interested in hearing why.

This is a passing league where you need 3 solid corners. I'm absolutely shocked they didn't pick a corner in this draft. Some will say they will pick up someone later. I ask, who? If Jenkins goes down for any period of time, this secondary is toast.

• SoJucobast
    replied
    I think they will definitely be improved this next season (how can they not be). But I would not expect playoffs; if it does happen, I would consider the season a success.

Leave a comment:

• SoJucobast
    replied
    Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

It impossible to repair a 3-13 team with 6 draft picks and a limited amount of cash for free agency. This is a 2 to 3 year project.
    I believe you nailed it 100% with that statement!

Leave a comment:

• jjhall91
    replied
    Originally posted by primetime View Post
    This roster has holes everywhere. Canít plug every hole in one offseason. If us fans noticed that the corner back position is in need of some help, Iím pretty sure the Giants do as well.
    It would seem they would. But after going through the organizations blindness regarding the need for an OL upgrade, nothing would surprise me.

Leave a comment:

• I Bleed Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by TennisMenace View Post

yeah, me too. Iím reading he was injured in high school and was a walk on at Georgia. Very athletic. I need to read up some more like you. Maybe Alonzo Carter can fill us in on him since they were teammates.
    Someone is going to have to step up opposite Jenkins and someone in the slot. I'm rooting for anyone, as long as they don't play like Corey Webster did in his final season.

Leave a comment:

• TennisMenace
    replied
    Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    Okay, so they signed UDFA CB Aaron Davis. To be honest, I don't know much about him. I'll do some research.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...cy_tracke.html
    yeah, me too. Iím reading he was injured in high school and was a walk on at Georgia. Very athletic. I need to read up some more like you. Maybe Alonzo Carter can fill us in on him since they were teammates.
    Last edited by TennisMenace; 04-29-2018, 08:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BigBlue:TNG
    replied
    Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

A great pass rush will cover for weak CBs 90 % of the time. We've been down in the bottom half of the league in sacks for many seasons now I'd love to see us back in the top 5 for most sacks again.
    And I could have misunderstood, but I heard one of the posters on these boards say that the 2nd DT that was drafted gave Quenton Nelson some problems last year. He beat Nelson a few times during a game. So that hints at great potential if it is true. (I need to look it up myself)

Leave a comment:

• I Bleed Blue
    replied
    Okay, so they signed UDFA CB Aaron Davis. To be honest, I don't know much about him. I'll do some research.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...cy_tracke.html

Leave a comment:

• miked1958
    replied
    Originally posted by TennisMenace View Post

Amen brother. Donít get me wrong, I too would not be crying if we drafted a promising CB, but apparently our boys decided the large bodies like Hill and McIntosh as well as JimmyG2 fit the plan better than whatever CB was available at that time. Iím sure their board ruled.....for example, if JimmyG2 was rated 60 and the highest available CB was 85, then they decided 60 is a better player and also happens to fill a need we will have in two years.

I too trust we will bring in 1-2 more guys to compete through UDFA, UFA, guys cut at the last minute from other teams.
    That is my hope. DG seems like a shrewd operator and I feel he is in no way done making moves. He reminds me of an expert chess player looking ahead 3 moves in advance. Everything he does helps him set up what his next move is

Leave a comment:

• Moecoastie77
    replied
    finding a tall corner who can play press? Besides Hill, Isaac Yiadom was the only one left in the 3rd that fit that description and I honestly think talent-wise, 3 was too high for him. If you want a slot corner or undersized corner, yeah, there were some there but I dont think that's the type of corner the Giants DC is looking for.

Hill is a No-No. That's like Eli Apple x 100 with real problems. not momma problems

Leave a comment:

• brownelvis54
    replied
    We only had six picks for goodness sakes and numerous holes to fill I honestly think our general manager Slade the draft

Leave a comment:

• giantsfam04
    replied

Last year was not a good example. The D was awful because the offense couldn't do anything, yet again. DRC and Jenkins were two of the best the year before. The safeties and LB's in coverage was the real issue last season, along with Apple. Collins was burned a lot last season, so are you saying he's not very good either?
    Yea thatís exactly what I said. You have to play complimentary football. The offense sucked because we couldnít block or run the ball. Thatís been addressed this offseason so in turn the d should be better. The dl is deeper with our additions so we should be able to rush the passer. That gives the secondary less time to have to cover making the job easier. So why exactly did we need another cb?

Leave a comment:

• I Bleed Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by Moecoastie77 View Post

There were no CBs worth drafting after the 3rd. WR had a couple (Ateman, st. brown) nothing that cant be found in UDFA or FA.
    You make it sound as if finding a quality corner is as simple as a walk in the park. The team had two 3rd round picks. That's where I thought they would grab one.

Leave a comment:

• TennisMenace
    replied
    Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
    Well I am going to trust the process and have to trust that the roster is in no way done being turned over and feel he will find a way to address it
    Amen brother. Donít get me wrong, I too would not be crying if we drafted a promising CB, but apparently our boys decided the large bodies like Hill and McIntosh as well as JimmyG2 fit the plan better than whatever CB was available at that time. Iím sure their board ruled.....for example, if JimmyG2 was rated 60 and the highest available CB was 85, then they decided 60 is a better player and also happens to fill a need we will have in two years.

I too trust we will bring in 1-2 more guys to compete through UDFA, UFA, guys cut at the last minute from other teams.

Leave a comment:

• Southern Living
    replied
    Cornerback. This is going to be a problem if Apple doesn't step up. This was a strength that became a weakness when they let DRC go and watched C0ckrell walk right out of the door. If anyone here is comfortable with the unimpressive journeymen CB's DG signed, I'm interested in hearing why.

This is a passing league where you need 3 solid corners. I'm absolutely shocked they didn't pick a corner in this draft. Some will say they will pick up someone later. I ask, who? If Jenkins goes down for any period of time, this secondary is toast.
    It impossible to repair a 3-13 team with 6 draft picks and a limited amount of cash for free agency. This is a 2 to 3 year project.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X