Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
    @Parademon

It's cute you ignore the abysmal running game for the past 7 years only to bring up total yards. Awesome! So we're a glorified one-dimensional passing team? Sounds like the recipe for success.

Oh, since we're already heavy and good on the passing, let's draft another QB for the roster! Although Davis Webb can do exactly what that prospect can do right now!
    What are you talking about? I always bring up our putrid run game fromm the past 5 yrs? You sure you got the right poster?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

For all the "MIRACULOUS" things Dan Marino has done he has no Super Bowl Rings. Eli Manning Did something Dan Marino couldn't do, Eli took his team on his back and won two super bowls. Eli Didn't just Dilfer the Super Bowls he won two SB MVP's and he deserved both. May be I am old school but at the end of the day its all about what you did in the playoffs and supper bowl not what you do during the season. That being said Eli has broke just about every Giant QB record and has an Iron Man streak hasn't missed a game so most of his regular seasons as a Giant have been really good. Weather its a bad offensive line or Eli isn't as good the last two years I don't know but he Is a future Hall Of Famer!
      What is a supper bowl??
      Look man, Eli has done great things for this organization and youíd be a fool to think he hasnít. What it seems is that you canít release your man crush off Eli. Bottom line 07 & 11 are gone.. GONE! Just because Marino never one a Super Bowl does that make him less of a QB than Eli? Noooo it doesnít. Barry Sanders didnít win a SB either. I guarantee no one is going to put Roger Craig above him.. In order to win a SB, you need 33 starters 20 backups fighting for the same common goal. Eli hasnít played well in a while, last year was an absolute mess but not fully his fault. You need to stop celebrating his accomplishments from 7 years ago and look at whatís occurred during last few years. Letís discuss his greatness when heís retired or playing well. Until then take his.....Outta your...Nevermind

Comment

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/04/el...avid-cutcliffe

article says eli remains an elite QB for various reasons^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb50 View Post

What is a supper bowl??
          Look man, Eli has done great things for this organization and youíd be a fool to think he hasnít. What it seems is that you canít release your man crush off Eli. Bottom line 07 & 11 are gone.. GONE! Just because Marino never one a Super Bowl does that make him less of a QB than Eli? Noooo it doesnít. Barry Sanders didnít win a SB either. I guarantee no one is going to put Roger Craig above him.. In order to win a SB, you need 33 starters 20 backups fighting for the same common goal. Eli hasnít played well in a while, last year was an absolute mess but not fully his fault. You need to stop celebrating his accomplishments from 7 years ago and look at whatís occurred during last few years. Letís discuss his greatness when heís retired or playing well. Until then take his.....Outta your...Nevermind
          I meant Super Bowl typo because I typed to fast my bad. I believe If you don't win the ring in football you didn't really succeed at your goal. In Football they don't remember who lost the super bowl just who won it. Baseball is different its a heavily stats driven sport more so then Football by a country mile so what you do in baseball during the regular season is way more important then what you do regular season Football. You seem to left out the part where Eli Is the All Time Giants QB stats leader the best of the best when you are talking about Giants QB's so unless your saying there have never been any good QB's on the Giants before Eli then Eli must be doing something right. IMHO Eli has only been really bad like at his worst the past two years you gotta figure that has some to do with bad coaching and a really bad offensive line. In Ben McAdoo's first two years as offensive coordinator for us Eli seemed to do really good McAdoo got in way over his head Coaching the team and running the offense that had some to do with it IMHO...

Comment

I just really love Eli and wanted to make a thread to basically say Thank You Eli!
            That is great, I like him too .He is a great Giant and a great person and yes I think he can still play and help this team. Yet unless his play improves he will be gone. I will defend last year ,he had nothing and the FO didn't help one bit. That year is gone,he now has an improved O line a new run game and a new head coach who seems to truly believe in him add his receiving core should be healthy makes for hopefully a better year. Yet the fans here will blame him if we lose even if it is not his fault meaning a crappy Defense ,Eli has to up his play no matter what this year or it will be his last as a NY Giant.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

That is great, I like him too .He is a great Giant and a great person and yes I think he can still play and help this team. Yet unless his play improves he will be gone. I will defend last year ,he had nothing and the FO didn't help one bit. That year is gone,he now has an improved O line a new run game and a new head coach who seems to truly believe in him add his receiving core should be healthy makes for hopefully a better year. Yet the fans here will blame him if we lose even if it is not his fault meaning a crappy Defense ,Eli has to up his play no matter what this year or it will be his last as a NY Giant.
              We have new coaches new GM lets see what they do this year before Judging them And If Eli Stinks we may See Lauletta or Webb and that might not be so bad but I have faith Gettleman has fixed our Offensive line or made it better so Eli will have more time in the Pocket. And New Coaches could be just what the doctor ordered.

Comment

I love that he is a professional and doesn't cry like a little ***** about the Giants drafting a QB like Ben.
                sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                  I love that he is a professional and doesn't cry like a little ***** about the Giants drafting a QB like Ben.
                  Me too and that does seem lost on many of the non Manning supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                    You can't be serious, can you?

He literally cried last year when he got benched. Literally ....

Comment

Asides from having no run game the past 5 yrs, Eli has had no defense 4 of the past 5 yrs, of course, lack of a run game does affect the D so they both go hand in hand.

2013-18th ranked D 24ppg
                      2014-22nd ranked D 25ppg
                      2015-30th ranked D 27ppg
                      2016-2nd ranked D 17ppg
                      2017-27th ranked D 24ppg

Tom Brady has had a top 10 D the past 5 yrs:

2013-10th ranked D 21ppg
                      2014-8th ranked D 19ppg
                      2015-10th ranked D 19ppg
                      2016-1st ranked D 15ppg
                      2017-5th ranked D 18ppg

People really need to stop acting like Eli had had great support on the defensive side of the field or in the run game these past 5 yrs. Name me one NFL QB who has taken his team to the playoffs in each of the past 5yrs with bottom ranked run game & bottom ranked defense? I'll wait.

Comment

I meant Super Bowl typo because I typed to fast my bad. I believe If you don't win the ring in football you didn't really succeed at your goal. In Football they don't remember who lost the super bowl just who won it. Baseball is different its a heavily stats driven sport more so then Football by a country mile so what you do in baseball during the regular season is way more important then what you do regular season Football. You seem to left out the part where Eli Is the All Time Giants QB stats leader the best of the best when you are talking about Giants QB's so unless your saying there have never been any good QB's on the Giants before Eli then Eli must be doing something right. IMHO Eli has only been really bad like at his worst the past two years you gotta figure that has some to do with bad coaching and a really bad offensive line. In Ben McAdoo's first two years as offensive coordinator for us Eli seemed to do really good McAdoo got in way over his head Coaching the team and running the offense that had some to do with it IMHO...
                        How can we consistently give one player all the accolades when heí wins SB?and not do the same for the rest of the team... specifically defense..This discussion is like meany more.. We find ways to validate why a qb is recognized as a champ, buteveryone elese is the help...This is supposed to be a team sport.. But we always seam to latch onto the QB,when actually it was a stout defense that made theaY

Comment

You might as well praise me because without the tips I gave Eli in 07, Giants would still have just two Superbowl victories.

I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                            Asides from having no run game the past 5 yrs, Eli has had no defense 4 of the past 5 yrs, of course, lack of a run game does affect the D so they both go hand in hand.

2013-18th ranked D 24ppg
                            2014-22nd ranked D 25ppg
                            2015-30th ranked D 27ppg
                            2016-2nd ranked D 17ppg
                            2017-27th ranked D 24ppg

Tom Brady has had a top 10 D the past 5 yrs:

2013-10th ranked D 21ppg
                            2014-8th ranked D 19ppg
                            2015-10th ranked D 19ppg
                            2016-1st ranked D 15ppg
                            2017-5th ranked D 18ppg

People really need to stop acting like Eli had had great support on the defensive side of the field or in the run game these past 5 yrs. Name me one NFL QB who has taken his team to the playoffs in each of the past 5yrs with bottom ranked run game & bottom ranked defense? I'll wait.
                            Eli doesn't need a good running game or defense to make him be good. His performance on the field does.
                            I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

How can we consistently give one player all the accolades when heí wins SB?and not do the same for the rest of the team... specifically defense..This discussion is like meany more.. We find ways to validate why a qb is recognized as a champ, buteveryone elese is the help...This is supposed to be a team sport.. But we always seam to latch onto the QB,when actually it was a stout defense that made theaY
                              Ahh I think he was the MVP of both games. What he did in the second Playoff run elevated the team.
                              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

It's the nature of the game and the position .It's the same reason a QB can get 100 million guaranteed and a RB can not.

Comment

Working...
                                X