Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

You can't be serious, can you?

He literally cried last year when he got benched. Literally ....
    That was the same thing as calling the QB your team drafted a wasted pick and hedging on whether youíd even be willing to mentor that kid? Manning has been nothing less than a complete professional despite the **** show this organization put him through last year. Are you serious? Talk about comparing apples and oranges.
    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb50 View Post

How can we consistently give one player all the accolades when heí wins SB?and not do the same for the rest of the team... specifically defense..This discussion is like meany more.. We find ways to validate why a qb is recognized as a champ, buteveryone elese is the help...This is supposed to be a team sport.. But we always seam to latch onto the QB,when actually it was a stout defense that made theaY
      the defense was great in the two Super Bowls BUT QB Is a premium position like it or not. that is why tons of people don't like the Barkley Pick and think we should have gone QB @ # 2 over all. let me ask you a question, if you replace Eli with any other QB In Eli's two Super bowls do we make those comebacks in the end of those games? what about these plays?,
      its not just the catch off of David Tyree's helmet its Eli being able to scramble and not get sacked!

Comment

its not just the Manningham Catch and footwork its Manning's pinpoint accuracy with the throw. besides some years in between the championships and some bad years here and there Eli has had a Hall Of Fame career. its a team sport Eli cant do it all by himself. and his career isn't over what if Eli wins a SB with us in the next few years then what, then is he elite? where do we draw the line with number of SB's? Didn't Peyton Manning win a ring at 38 years old? Eli will be 38 years old next year. Didn't Tom Brady win a ring at 38 as well? 37 38 years old is not old not in this day and age with conditioning and health being what it is...

Comment

Iím curious to see how many leads the offense got us just to have a bad defense blow the lead. Or how we couldnít run out the clock and had to give the ball back with enough time for the opposing offense to score.

Comment

Yes Eli, thank you for the two SBs that has excused you of all your mediocre seasons as a Giant. You are the king of .500 football. Congrats! Looking forward to more of the same statuesque play this year as our fearless leader

Comment

Originally posted by Nyer View Post
              Yes Eli, thank you for the two SBs that has excused you of all your mediocre seasons as a Giant. You are the king of .500 football. Congrats! Looking forward to more of the same statuesque play this year as our fearless leader
              Dan Marino or Dan Fouts or even Tony Romo would give up all their regular stats and records for just one ring let alone two.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                Iím curious to see how many leads the offense got us just to have a bad defense blow the lead. Or how we couldnít run out the clock and had to give the ball back with enough time for the opposing offense to score.
                How about all the Years the offense put up enough points to win but our defense stunk and we lost. It goes both ways. How about that Eagles game in 2010 where we had the lead with seconds left and Special Teams blew it and let shady score the winning TD I guess that was Eli's fault?

Comment

https://clutchpoints.com/giants-news...ng-yards-list/
                  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...annings-career

I mean anyway you slice it Eli Is the best Giants QB ever so by saying Eli Stinks your saying The Giants have never had a good QB Its no Secret He Is a Gunslinger in the vain of Bret Favre, What do you guys think of Bret Favre? Do you think Favre Is worthy of the Hall Off Fame because if he is so is Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
                    its not just the Manningham Catch and footwork its Manning's pinpoint accuracy with the throw. besides some years in between the championships and some bad years here and there Eli has had a Hall Of Fame career. its a team sport Eli cant do it all by himself. and his career isn't over what if Eli wins a SB with us in the next few years then what, then is he elite? where do we draw the line with number of SB's? Didn't Peyton Manning win a ring at 38 years old? Eli will be 38 years old next year. Didn't Tom Brady win a ring at 38 as well? 37 38 years old is not old not in this day and age with conditioning and health being what it is...
                    Look I remember all those plays and comebacks that Eli was able to pull together. But here's the thing,,, that was 7 years ago!! I loved TC as a coach, but his team stop playing well under him. He had to go. Please stop with Brady comparison because there's a huge gap between the two. I'm not even talking about stats or rings, I'm referring to consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb50 View Post

How can we consistently give one player all the accolades when heí wins SB?and not do the same for the rest of the team... specifically defense..This discussion is like meany more.. We find ways to validate why a qb is recognized as a champ, buteveryone elese is the help...This is supposed to be a team sport.. But we always seam to latch onto the QB,when actually it was a stout defense that made theaY
                      It's amazing that he get so much credit for scoring 17 points. I guess the defense that held the best offense ever to 14 points wasn't a huge reason we won the Super Bowl.

Comment

Three names on here with Cruz in it. Seems like one and the same.
                        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

Dan Marino or Dan Fouts or even Tony Romo would give up all their regular stats and records for just one ring let alone two.
                          I doubt it.
                          "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

How about all the Years the offense put up enough points to win but our defense stunk and we lost. It goes both ways. How about that Eagles game in 2010 where we had the lead with seconds left and Special Teams blew it and let shady score the winning TD I guess that was Eli's fault?
                            Easy buddy I am curious to know if someone has a stat for the defense blowing a game after being given a lead in the 4th quarter. I can remember the first Philly game last year right off the top of my head. The bucks game last year as well. That crazy Philly game in the meadowlands when Vic was the qb. Iím not bashing Eli, relax.

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post

I doubt it.
                              You would be wrong. The purpose of the league and the game is to win,not get stats.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

You would be wrong. The purpose of the league and the game is to win,not get stats.
                                The purpose of the player is to make as much money as he can, while he can. Careers for the most part are SHORT.

If he can play on a championship team that is gravy.

If he has lousy stats (which means he is not good) he won't make the money and he won't stay in the league either because someone better will come along and replace him. So Marino and Fouts would have had short careers, not be in the HOF, not made zillions of $, and not be on TV as commentators. Do you really think they would give all that up the HOF for a Super Bowl ring? There are guys with SB rings you would not know from Jack.

Would Marino rather be Nick Foles with a ring or HOF himself without one? Do you think Fouts would rather be SB winner Trent Dilfer of the Ravens or HOF himself?

That's like saying you'd rather be a career .200 hitter on a World Series winner than one of these guys:

The 10 Greatest Players Never to Win the World Series http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...series#slide11
                                Last edited by WayBackFan; 05-08-2018, 04:47 PM.
                                "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X