Forgot his stellar record:
    2017 3-13 4th, NFC East
    2016 11-5 2nd, NFC East Lost to Packers
    2015 6-10 3rd, NFC East
    2014 6-10 3rd, NFC East
    2013 7-9 3rd, NFC East
    2012 9-7 2nd, NFC East
    2011 9-7 1st, NFC East
    Even 2011 reg season was not great....Any other QB would have been on hot seat long ago. Love Eli but this is reality.
    I'm sorry bro, even the 2011 season was not great?! Are you kidding me? He had close to 5000 yards and the Giants needed every single one of those yards to make the playoffs. He put the team on his back and the run game was complete trash. Not a clean trash, like rotton meat maggot trash.

To top it off, he had 1 interception in athe playoffs (4) games. He completely out played Aaron Rodgers and took one of the worst beatings ypu could imagine in San Francisco. He dropped a 50 yard dime to Manningham on the game winning Superbowl drive. This is all off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

Mark Duper/Clayton with no defense isn't equal to Plax, Nicks, Cruz and a stacked DL of pass rushers including Strahan, Tuck, Osi and Kiwi's role. Add two bruising backs with Bradshaw and Jacobs.

Com'on, it's not even close.
      you forgot to mention in 2007 and especially 2011 we weren't supposed to make the playoffs let alone win a super bowl. What did Nicks or Cruz or Manningham do after there Super Bowl?, not much they weren't that good just when they had to be. Plax I will give you was really good but wasn't the Star of that Super Bowl even after catching the winning TD Tyree and Eli and Jacobs and Bradshaw and that defense were the heroes of that Super Bowl. Cruz was probably a little over average and then injury made him worse.

Comment

I think when Eli is gone Giants fans are going to pine away for the old days when we had a Hall Of Fame QB at the helm I think people forget most of the 1990's after Phil Simms Retired It was a QB carousel it wasn't a pretty sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

you forgot to mention in 2007 and especially 2011 we weren't supposed to make the playoffs let alone win a super bowl. What did Nicks or Cruz or Manningham do after there Super Bowl?, not much they weren't that good just when they had to be. Plax I will give you was really good but wasn't the Star of that Super Bowl even after catching the winning TD Tyree and Eli and Jacobs and Bradshaw and that defense were the heroes of that Super Bowl. Cruz was probably a little over average and then injury made him worse.
          lol - that's such a far fetched lie. 2007 and 2011 the odds makers did have the Giants in the playoffs. In 2010 they were playing for the #2 seed overall until the Eagles miracle. What does Nicks, Cruz and Manningham have to do with after the Bowl? They won the won the Super Bowl and all were outstanding during those runs. Heck, Plax practically won the Packers game and you actually claim "they weren't good when they had to be"?

My gosh, you put picked the wrong QB to bash in Marino. Good lord

Comment

Such a pre-mature thread that it makes me consider the source's hidden message/meaning.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              Haha when I saw the title I thought he retired or got cut lol
              At this point, we couldn't cut Eli. Who would we have to start at quarterback?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

At this point, we couldn't cut Eli. Who would we have to start at quarterback?
                Gladly not Josh Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                  Gladly not Josh Allen.
                  Yeah, that would be terrible.

Comment

I appreciate what Eli was.
                    I appreciate his competitive attitude. Which I still think he has.
                    I appreciate his hard work.
                    I would appreciate if he stepped up and played better. Even when all else around him is not so good.
                    "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

lol - that's such a far fetched lie. 2007 and 2011 the odds makers did have the Giants in the playoffs. In 2010 they were playing for the #2 seed overall until the Eagles miracle. What does Nicks, Cruz and Manningham have to do with after the Bowl? They won the won the Super Bowl and all were outstanding during those runs. Heck, Plax practically won the Packers game and you actually claim "they weren't good when they had to be"?

My gosh, you put picked the wrong QB to bash in Marino. Good lord
                      how about when we lost 4 in a row in the 2011 season what were people saying then. and may be if you lived in a fishbowl called NY the Giants were the favorites but even in NY the Jets are the darlings of the media the Jets could do no wrong. your forgetting the Jets were coming off two years in a row where Rexy and Sanchez guided the Jets to two AFC Championship games the Jets were in way higher standing in 2007 then the Giants. I really meant Super Bowl who actually thought we would be in one let alone win one in 2007 and 2011 telling me that we were the favorites to do that either year is the true lie. what about after that Vikings game in 2007?,

were you even alive in 2007 or were you a little kid and don't remember?

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        I appreciate what Eli was.
                        I appreciate his competitive attitude. Which I still think he has.
                        I appreciate his hard work.
                        I would appreciate if he stepped up and played better. Even when all else around him is not so good.
                        Eli's Attitude is a lot like Jeter class all the way doesn't smack talk squeaky clean image except for that memorabilia scam which I think is bs and the guy suing him will not win.

Comment

Eli will play just fine if he doesn't have to worry about getting blindsided.
                          "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
                            Eli will play just fine if he doesn't have to worry about getting blindsided.
                            hey if he doesn't play good were going to find out real quick what we have in Webb and or Lauletta I don't think Shurmur Is messing around.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

It's amazing that he get so much credit for scoring 17 points. I guess the defense that held the best offense ever to 14 points wasn't a huge reason we won the Super Bowl.
                              +1

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb50 View Post

+1
                                Its a team sport yea The defense was a big part of that no where did I say otherwise BUT put any other QB on the Giants Its not a Guaranty that we win. those Super Bowls, as a Matter of fact in those particular Situations and Games I don't think any other QB would have made those late game Comebacks. In This Mans NFL QB position is looked at as a Premium the best of the best position like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X