Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be excited about the 2018 Season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be excited about the 2018 Season?

So it looks like some pretty good moves were made in terms of new GM and head coach. Looks like Giants got some good help on defense and a guard for their offensive line. So how does this upcoming season look? Is their offensive line that greatly improved? Will they be signing anymore offensive line help through free agency or any other way possibly, anyone new they picked up or will be picking up to shore up their O line?

Yup.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

But seriously, I think we have a lot to be excited about. You named many reasons. I don't think we were far off, and the pieces added sure up a lot of the holes we had.

Worst to first.
      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
      Garrett Bolles - OT
      David Njoku - TE
      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I feel this team will at least compete each game and will be exciting to watch. That is way more than we could say last season

Comment

I've never not been excited heading into a season..

Comment

Why not ! Every team starts off with the same record.

Comment

Excited? Sure!

Setting ridiculously high and unrealistic expectations? I'd advise anyone against that.
              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Yes. For me being a Giants fan is always about hope. Last season was a trip back to the mid to late 70s in ineptness. I'm enjoying the process more now, its like an interesting movie. I feel the Giants will be markedly better but I could not venture a guess if this is really Eli's swan song or if ownership truly believes he can play(and play well) another 3 years. If I had to bet I would say he gets 2 years tops to go out on his terms. Of course I'd love to see him go out a winner but at this point it's time to get the young QBs ready.
                There are so many sub plots, the coach, the GM, the new O line, will Odell bounce back to form?, will Engram soar? Will Barkley set the league on fire? Will Collins return to Pro Bowl form? Will Apple play football like a professional? Interesting times for sure. I don't think I have been as excited to see ALL THREE QBs play in Pre season in the past as I am for this pre season. Go Giants.

Comment

Yes. New is good in this case and fun new players to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                    Excited? Sure!

Setting ridiculously high and unrealistic expectations? I'd advise anyone against that.
                    Yes this is the correct attitude to have. Excited yet realistic. They are going to have a lot of new parts including players & coaches all trying to mesh together to become a cohesive unit. That may take more then one season
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

More of the same. Get another Wr (vet) and an above avg CB and shore up the right side. Until that happens, I would temper my expectations to no higher than 8-8. Thatís generous since I have no faith in Eli to be any better. Heís another year older and heís shook from all the years of poor oline play. Those happy feet can dance the hell on outta here bc this year should be all about the new era instead of this farce ducking and chucking all over the field. Snore! Wake me up when this organization decides to embrace the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyer View Post
                        More of the same. Get another Wr (vet) and an above avg CB and shore up the right side. Until that happens, I would temper my expectations to no higher than 8-8. Thatís generous since I have no faith in Eli to be any better. Heís another year older and heís shook from all the years of poor oline play. Those happy feet can dance the hell on outta here bc this year should be all about the new era instead of this farce ducking and chucking all over the field. Snore! Wake me up when this organization decides to embrace the future.
                        I think enough of this dabbling in fads, and back to the future with good old sound football.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                          Excited? Sure!

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Nyer View Post
                            I just assume you keep your ignorance asleep for as long as possible . Nows the perfect time to become an Eagles fan , good riddance .

Comment

Ill be excited, but I'm expecting nothing more than an 8-8 season.
                              http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X