Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be excited about the 2018 Season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
    But seriously, I think we have a lot to be excited about. You named many reasons. I don't think we were far off, and the pieces added sure up a lot of the holes we had.

Worst to first.
    it seems on paper anyway they drafted and bought in some quality depth,the draft was exciting this years it seems as tho hey had a plan and went out and executed it getting better in the trenches,now the players have to hold up there end they all were slotted to go where they went no reaches was nice,still does not guarantee anything they heave to go and play.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Ill be excited, but I'm expecting nothing more than an 8-8 season.
      I'm excited for the fact that at this point and there's a long way to go they will be competitive hopefully in every game,and end up any where from 8-8 to 10 -6 if things break their way.

Comment

Wide range of possibilities, high and low, heading into this season. Schedule seems tough for some reason. Complete overhaul from last year with new regime in town. Talent laden roster with, alas, a couple of nagging questionable areas.I have great faith in the new HC. The Giants, this year, will be as good as their O-line will allow IMO. Game One, vs the elite Jaguars defense, will make it rough get off on the right foot.

In 50 years of being a Giants fan, I've never followed an off-season in great detail like I have this year. (The info wasn't so easily available for most of that time.)

I live in California now, and it's not so easy for me to actually SEE the games. Any suggestions ?

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

I'm excited for the fact that at this point and there's a long way to go they will be competitive hopefully in every game,and end up any where from 8-8 to 10 -6 if things break their way.
          I do not see them getting 10 wins. 8 was generous. They are a completely new team in year 1. Eli and the offense are learning a brand new offense which means they will struggle at first. The defense is an entire new scheme they all will need to learn. New HC, new GM. The OL is still incomplete at C and RT. The pass rush needs to be top 5 in the league because the secondary si very thin and not promising.

I see 5-8 wins.

This team is in a 2-3 year rebuild despite what most on here think.
          http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Excited? No!
            Hopeful? Yes!
            I will start get excited when I see this team perform on the field before I set my expectations any higher than the low they are now. Have seen many times on paper the Giants and other teams to be considered the best only to lay an egg. Heck, for many years, the "experts" were pronouncing the Cowgirls SB winners as soon as Romo was throwing the first pass at training camp!
            I think the team has made some very positive moves so far, but until they show they all (coaches and players) can put a serious effort on the field, I will not start getting excited. I have been burned enough by the second half collapses of the Coughlin era.

Comment

Iím excited about the new pieces, the new regime/coaches, and the new defensive scheme. Itís gonna take another year of development from some pieces (Hernandez, Tomlinson, Hill, Carter, engram, Apple?) and some more additions on the oline/edge for me to get excited about wins.

But, I have more than enough material for next year to keep me entertained.

Go blue!

Comment

I believe that the Giants will not do well because they set themselves back. Dallas and Eagles are ready and hungry while Mara is playing games.
                I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

I do not see them getting 10 wins. 8 was generous. They are a completely new team in year 1. Eli and the offense are learning a brand new offense which means they will struggle at first. The defense is an entire new scheme they all will need to learn. New HC, new GM. The OL is still incomplete at C and RT. The pass rush needs to be top 5 in the league because the secondary si very thin and not promising.

I see 5-8 wins.

all great points OL coming together and learning a new system is gonna take a while and there might be some growing pains with hernandez,I do believe there was a lot of damage done to this roster and organization as a whole in the past 5 years they can't undo that in one offseason impossible, I'm gonna keep the glass half full approach and take any positive big or small and try to be happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony33 View Post
                    So it looks like some pretty good moves were made in terms of new GM and head coach. Looks like Giants got some good help on defense and a guard for their offensive line. So how does this upcoming season look? Is their offensive line that greatly improved? Will they be signing anymore offensive line help through free agency or any other way possibly, anyone new they picked up or will be picking up to shore up their O line?
                    The NYG have won 4 lombard trophies out of 56.? right? something like that. So, if the NYG Giants win the SB about 7.15% (4/56) of the time...in other words less than 1 in 10 times... IF that is true, then the only time to be really excited as a fan is during the spring time.

IF you watch ESPN, every single year the dallas cowboys are going to win the superbowl. It's unbelievable how great they are in the spring!

So get excited, as odds are this time of year, right now, is as good as it gets this year! Best to enjoy it while you can!

Comment

Will the new Oline do a much better job protecting Eli? Will Odell and Shepherd stay healthy? Will Engram continue to develop? Will Barkley provide what we've been missing in the running game for years? If these all prove true, then yes, I'd be very excited. Oh and will Eli play better at 37?

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

all great points OL coming together and learning a new system is gonna take a while and there might be some growing pains with hernandez,I do believe there was a lot of damage done to this roster and organization as a whole in the past 5 years they can't undo that in one offseason impossible, I'm gonna keep the glass half full approach and take any positive big or small and try to be happy with it.
                        I have no problem with the glass half full fans. Believe what you want to believe. I do think people who are expected a total turn around in year 1 are being a bit homeristic though. I would consider 8 wins a successful season all things considering.

Comment

We should absolutely be excited. We're getting Beckham back, Engram will be even better, and we got arguably the best RB prospect in a decade or more. We also have a new head coach, a new GM, a new OC, and a new DC. We even got another young QB. There is plenty to be excited about.

Should we expect them to contend? We should always hope. Let's not forget they were 3-13 last year though. A 3-13 isn't a few tweaks away from contending. A lot has to go wrong to be 3-13. I feel like they've addressed a lot of it, but I doubt it can all be fixed in one offseason. Let's take this one step at a time. I like what has happened in the past five months.

Comment

I see 5-8 wins.

Agree 100% with every word you said.

Can they shock the world? Sure, you never know, but the odds against it happening are staggering
                            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Agree 100% with every word you said.

Can they shock the world? Sure, you never know, but the odds against it happening are staggering
                              And I know some here see me saying they are only going to win 5-8 games as being a troll or whatever. But its true. Sure, like you said, they could shock the world I guess, a few bounces here and there and having luck all year could push us to a possible WC team, but I see DG as planning for 2-3 years down the road when the new QB era is here, but obviously still trying to win now and keep the fans happy. Eli has all the weapons right now to be a star QB, but its going to take time to learn the new offense and who knows if Eli will even excel at it.

Comment

I have no problem with the glass half full fans. Believe what you want to believe. I do think people who are expected a total turn around in year 1 are being a bit homeristic though. I would consider 8 wins a successful season all things considering.
                                I can roll with that and being competitive,as I said there was a lot of damage done over the years to not getting enough NFL talent through the draft injuries and dysfunction it took years to screw it up and it will take time to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X