Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be excited about the 2018 Season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you canít get excited, then why bother being a fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Bulls View Post
      If you canít get excited, then why bother being a fan?
      I am not a fan so I can get excited! I am a fan because I like football and I happen to support the NY Giants. As far as excitement goes, I get excited every time I look at my girlfriend! Somehow, Eli just doesn't do it for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
        But seriously, I think we have a lot to be excited about. You named many reasons. I don't think we were far off, and the pieces added sure up a lot of the holes we had.

Worst to first.
        yes and no .

Yes to all the other stuff.

NO,a big he.ll no to the worst to first thing.That's just a curse waiting to happen. Everyone,again...everyone is learning a new system ,Offense and Defense ,everyone is new to this whole thing. We have to allow this team some sort of learning curve. this team is not going to the super bowl or late into the playoffs. 8-8 would be a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
          Wide range of possibilities, high and low, heading into this season. Schedule seems tough for some reason. Complete overhaul from last year with new regime in town. Talent laden roster with, alas, a couple of nagging questionable areas.I have great faith in the new HC. The Giants, this year, will be as good as their O-line will allow IMO. Game One, vs the elite Jaguars defense, will make it rough get off on the right foot.

In 50 years of being a Giants fan, I've never followed an off-season in great detail like I have this year. (The info wasn't so easily available for most of that time.)

I live in California now, and it's not so easy for me to actually SEE the games. Any suggestions ?
          Move outta Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
            Excited? Sure!

Setting ridiculously high and unrealistic expectations? I'd advise anyone against that.
            That never, ever happens here..........
            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
              Wide range of possibilities, high and low, heading into this season. Schedule seems tough for some reason. Complete overhaul from last year with new regime in town. Talent laden roster with, alas, a couple of nagging questionable areas.I have great faith in the new HC. The Giants, this year, will be as good as their O-line will allow IMO. Game One, vs the elite Jaguars defense, will make it rough get off on the right foot.

In 50 years of being a Giants fan, I've never followed an off-season in great detail like I have this year. (The info wasn't so easily available for most of that time.)

I live in California now, and it's not so easy for me to actually SEE the games. Any suggestions ?
              When the season starts, send me a PM and I will send you some links so you can watch the Giants games online for free. I live in Arizona and I have not missed any game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Ill be excited, but I'm expecting nothing more than an 8-8 season.
                This is what Iím thinking. The offense should be improved but I m not sure what the defense is gonna be. 8-8 and just miss the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony33 View Post
                  So it looks like some pretty good moves were made in terms of new GM and head coach. Looks like Giants got some good help on defense and a guard for their offensive line. So how does this upcoming season look? Is their offensive line that greatly improved? Will they be signing anymore offensive line help through free agency or any other way possibly, anyone new they picked up or will be picking up to shore up their O line?
                  Just watching Barkley In a Giants Uniform is enough for me!
                  Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Working...
                  X