Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leonard: Pressure on Eli Manning as Giants have built entire 2018 season around their aging QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

I see a guy who is fed up with Eli and his bad play, and doesnít believe that Eli has anything left in the tank. I know a ton of lifelong Giants fans who feel the exact same way, but every last one of them want nothing more than the team to win every single game
    Last edited by DandyDon; 05-07-2018, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Pressure, Eli was thrown into action the 7th game in as a rookie and never missed a challenge until Mac A Doodle, possibly the worst coach in history blew that record. Eli will respond this year with a solid season and if the Giants get into the post season everybody will have to sit back and enjoy the ride!
      Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

They just passed on a very rare opportunity to draft his successor, and instead gave him what is advertised as an outstanding RB to help

Trust me, the pressure is just about all on Eli, because they put their faith in him, at 37 years old, by surrounding him with a lot of talent. If he still cant get it done, and still looks like garbage, well....I know you wont blame him, but everyone else will, and rightfully so.
        Drafting a RB instead of a QB takes a lot of pressure off of him now. He doesn't have a QB breathing down his neck. I'm sure DG would've drafted a QB if he thought Eli was "still garbage."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

I'm an Eli homer, but I couldn't agree more with this post! The time has come. We took a RB because i guess we weren't in love with any of the QB's. That's fine. But people need to realize, Eli at 37 is probably not taking us to another SB. This fan base seems to be way too excited for me. We may have a bunch of weapons on offense but we will still struggle at the most important offensive position.
          i donít know how you can definitively say that.

After Eli got benched, basically the entire league came out in support of him because of how terrible our offense and our team was.

I understand the concern and you certainly may end up being right, but I need to see how he plays this year before I close the book on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I don't.

I believe there are people who believe he's finished. There's a difference.
            I know, some people still believe in the easter bunny too.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Maybe so but unlike our guy....... the Easter Bunny is still at the top of his game.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I totally disagree. I haven't see much degradation in him physically. What I see is a total lack of confidence in his protection. He is nervous in the service the past few years, which is mental.
                absolutely right about that, Eli had no confidence whatsoever in his O line the last few seasons and so he chucked and ducked, if he was a mobile QB who could run that might have been different...

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Maybe so but unlike our guy....... the Easter Bunny is still at the top of his game.
                  That was just flat out terrible. You can better than this.

Comment

You're obviously very confident in Eli, and I'd say that's more akin to believing in the Easter Bunny than those who are skeptical after the last 2 years.

I'll just wait and see as I truly don't know what to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

absolutely right about that, Eli had no confidence whatsoever in his O line the last few seasons and so he chucked and ducked, if he was a mobile QB who could run that might have been different...
                      I think we saw receivers waiting on balls more and more passes under thrown last year, but again, I don't know how much it was attributable to him feeling or being rushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

You're obviously very confident in Eli, and I'd say that's more akin to believing in the Easter Bunny than those who are skeptical after the last 2 years.

I'll just wait and see as I truly don't know what to expect.
                        The last 2 years have more to do with Mac and Reese's ineptitude than Eli "regressing." It seems like the new GM and HC are in agreement with those posters here who have been stating it's not Eli but it's the 2 clowns who were previously running the show. Arm and health isn't an issue with Eli. You are free to take a wait and see approach. I respect that opinion a lot more than the ones who are in complete disagreement with our new GM and HC.

Comment

• I have to just shake my head at every "Eli at 37, is not gonna get us into another SB" card some of you pull out. the 2 QBs in the past 5 SBs representing the AFC has been over 37! Elway won his only 2 SBs at 37-38. Kurt Warner took Az to the SB when he was 37! But yep, only Eli at the same age as those other late 30s QBs can't do it.

A QB, who only Brady has more SBs wins than, a QB that has the same amount of SB wins as Peyton/Elway/Big Ben does & 1 more than Warner, cannot win 1 more cuz he's ...gasp...37yrs old. Remind me again how many Cam/Ryan/Rogers have? 1 total SB win between 3 of the top tier QBs in the NFL

I bet if Brees/Big Ben, who are the same age as Eli or older, says they can win a SB this yr, no one will doubt them, but if people say Eli can win 1 more before he hangs em up, it's a laughable joke.

Tell me, has Eli had the OLs & run game that those 2 QBs have had in Pitt/NO these past few yrs? Steelers/Saints OLs are some of the best in the game. They have Pro bowl linemen. Can we say that about our OL the past 5 yrs? Have we had a Le'Veon Bell in the backfield for Eli the same way he has been their for Big Ben since 2013 & put up over 5000yds rushing & 35 rushing TDs plus another 332 rec for 2660yds & 7 more rec TDs? Bell has almost 8000 combined scrimmage yds & 42 TDs in his 5yrs in the league & that's despite only playing in 6 games in 15'.

Steelers D stats 2013-2017
                          2013 #14
                          2014 #18
                          2015 #11
                          2016 #10
                          2017 # 7

Giants D stats 2013-2017
                          2013 #18
                          2014 #22
                          2015 #30
                          2016 # 2
                          2017 #27

So once again, Eli has had no run game cuz he's had a putrid OL to go along with a stable of mediocre RBs that would not be starters on 80% of NFL teams. Has had a defense that has only been good 1 yr outta the last 5. Lost his #1 & #2 WRs in week 5 of 2017, but was supposed to light up the scoreboard & throw for 35+ TD & 4500 yds & lead the Giant to 8 wins with practice squad receivers & a rookie TE?

How bout we see what he can do now that he finally has a run game & improved OL before we call him washed up & done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

In the mind of 5 and 6 year olds.
                            Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

In the mind of 5 and 6 year olds.
                              Now that was funny.

Comment

The last 2 years have more to do with Mac and Reese's ineptitude than Eli "regressing." It seems like the new GM and HC are in agreement with those posters here who have been stating it's not Eli but it's the 2 clowns who were previously running the show. Arm and health isn't an issue with Eli. You are free to take a wait and see approach. I respect that opinion a lot more than the ones who are in complete disagreement with our new GM and HC.
                                I don't expect we'll have our answer early on. Eli has always been a slow starter. Even in 2011 he didn't get going until the 2nd half of game 2 I believe. I think we have to give this team at least a quarter of the season before we begin to formulate an opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X