Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excited about our offense, but is our defense going to be able to stop anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excited about our offense, but is our defense going to be able to stop anyone?

Jpp is gone and wasn't that effective anyway .Glad to see we got an LB but he's drafted too late to really think he will make a difference. No FA impact signings on defnese either. This defense looks to get picked apart next season, and not be able to hold leads the offense should be able to give them ... someone please help me why I'm wrong

Ogletree could end up being a big improvement to our LBer corps. We also look to have a pretty strong rotation or 3-4 DTs/DEs on paper at least. Our secondary has taken a big hit admittedly, but we can hope that with an improved offense our defense will be rested and more efficient.

Comment

Time will tell but fodon think Gettleman is anywhere near finished tweaking it
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingMonkey View Post
        Ogletree could end up being a big improvement to our LBer corps. We also look to have a pretty strong rotation or 3-4 DTs/DEs on paper at least. Our secondary has taken a big hit admittedly, but we can hope that with an improved offense our defense will be rested and more efficient.
        We have also been stocking up on secondary guys in the draft undrafted free agents and free agency I think our defense will be improved and like you said Ogletree was a big improvement at Linebacker we also made a few good trades and transactions for secondary guys. Where I think we are thin is Wide receiver would love to see us pick up Dez or Cruz we will see...

Comment

The best Defense is an Offense that can stay on the field. I believe that has been remedied.
          "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

We have also been stocking up on secondary guys in the draft undrafted free agents and free agency I think our defense will be improved and like you said Ogletree was a big improvement at Linebacker we also made a few good trades and transactions for secondary guys. Where I think we are thin is Wide receiver would love to see us pick up Dez or Cruz we will see...

Victor Cruz ? Seriously ? This whole post was just an endorsement to bring up the “bring Cruz back” talks

I live the dude as much as anyone , but that ship has sailed man

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post

Victor Cruz ? Seriously ? This whole post was just an endorsement to bring up the “bring Cruz back” talks

I live the dude as much as anyone , but that ship has sailed man
              No I also like Dez but I really think our defense should be improved based on moves we made in free agency, Draft, and trades.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                The best Defense is an Offense that can stay on the field. I believe that has been remedied.
                While I agree to a point we still need a defense that can get us a couple three and outs on the field.

Comment

I would take Cruz over Dez in a heartbeat with that said I don't want either of them.I like Victor Cruz and he was and will always be a great Giant but his time has come and gone.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

While I agree to a point we still need a defense that can get us a couple three and outs on the field.
                    I agree. Our Defense was on the field last season too much having an offense that can keep them on the sidelines will help keep tem fresh.
                    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

Yeah let's pick up a couple of guys who are washed up.Great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Roundabout View Post

Yeah let's pick up a couple of guys who are washed up.Great idea!
                        I disagree there not washed up. you think Ogletree is washed up or any of the guys we drafted. why not give Gettleman a chance before judging what he does lets see what happens this year? What do you think the Eagles fans were thinking a year ago when they were a last place team. or the Rams or the Vikings or the Jaguars all last place teams one year a year latter they were either playoff teams or in the Super Bowl...

oh you meant Cruz and Dez well you know what they say one mans trash is another mans treasure I am not asking for them to be difference makers just a piece to the puzzle...

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
                          Jpp is gone and wasn't that effective anyway .Glad to see we got an LB but he's drafted too late to really think he will make a difference. No FA impact signings on defnese either. This defense looks to get picked apart next season, and not be able to hold leads the offense should be able to give them ... someone please help me why I'm wrong
                          Here's an idea, wait til at least some preseason games to declare they can't stop anyone? They are changing to a whole new system who the hell has any clue right now how good or bad it'll turn out?

Comment

Won't be able to tell how good or bad both sides of the ball will be till week 3 of the preseason vs the Jets, that's when the starters will play at least a full half, the finale vs NE is a tune up & the starters play a series & then the remaining players fighting for a spot on the team get looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                              Won't be able to tell how good or bad both sides of the ball will be till week 3 of the preseason vs the Jets, that's when the starters will play at least a full half, the finale vs NE is a tune up & the starters play a series & then the remaining players fighting for a spot on the team get looked at.
                              Strickley MHO on this but we won't know anything about this team till after week # 4 of the regular season.

Comment

Working...
                              X