Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excited about our offense, but is our defense going to be able to stop anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This post was written surely by someone not paying attention or little knowledge of the game. The Giants did not pass on making upgrades to the defense specifically at LB and like it always is proven on the field. And to realize that if your offense can put you ahead early and get 2 score leads it will make your defense much better as they will be able to be attacking rather than reacting. I would put my big money on the over at 6 games in Vegas Right now. Matter a fact, I already did!
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Not to down play the role of our DBs but it seemed like in Bettchers defense the coverage ability of the DBs was not as important as the ability of the defense to get pressure on the QB. With Spags we needed to have great coverage because we could not get pressure. We are banking on the pass rush.

I have high hopes for this D.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

this team is in a transformation at the moment. Both defensive and offensive rosters are unsettled.
        I see the possibility of both units struggling for consistency for at least a few weeks in the reg season.

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
          This post was written surely by someone not paying attention or little knowledge of the game. The Giants did not pass on making upgrades to the defense specifically at LB and like it always is proven on the field. And to realize that if your offense can put you ahead early and get 2 score leads it will make your defense much better as they will be able to be attacking rather than reacting. I would put my big money on the over at 6 games in Vegas Right now. Matter a fact, I already did!
          You can also put me in that group of people must somehow have "little knowledge of the game" because this defense wasn't good last year and did very little to improve.. Ogletree was the only upgrade and now without DRC the CBs are looking like a bad group at this time... Who's going to apply pressure on the QBs??? You're putting all of your knowledge on it being the offense.. Good luck with that!!

Comment

I think Vernon will be more effective in the 3-4. Carter has potential to put serious pressure on the QB, Moss should continue to develop. Snacks, Tomlinson, Hill, and Moss should give us a decent front. Linebacking corps is much better with the addition of Ogletree. DB core is good. Camp will provide other newcomers with the opportunity to fill in and provide depth. Things are thin; but the starting talent is there.

Comment

I believe the majority of our issues last year were due to coach/players losing their own locker room and guys just going their own way -- that is worrisome.

That said - I think with new head and DC coaches and removal of some questionable character guys (JPP/DRC) -- plus the potential to run the ball --- I expect a big bounce back year defensively.

They have added depth along the D-Line -- maybe not any explosive athletes but they appear to have a very solid group of run defenders across the DLine. At LB we push Vernon into that group along with AZ signing and Carter via the draft -- toss in Ogletree...Goodson coming back plus potentially a summer time vet LB signing makes LB corp look sufficient. In backfield we have Jack-Rabbit just a year removed from pro-bowl year, Apple a 1st round talent who will hopefully mature under new staff / experience -- plus DB from Pitt to support the slot....throw in numerous other FA's of whom 1 or 2 guys should step up. At safety we have Collins and I expect a bounce back (career year) out of Thompson at FS.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                The best Defense is an Offense that can stay on the field. I believe that has been remedied.

This.

2 words: Complementary football.

The defense got better by the offense getting significantly better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                  I think our D will be our downfall this year. The overall team will be much better because of the offense, but our D stunk last year and we lost DRC and JPP. It would be naive to expect them to all of a sudden be good.
                  I'd much rather have James Bettcher running the D than spags. We didnt lose much by letting jpp go. I am excited about having the 3-4 defense. Having a much improved running attack will keep the defense fresh.
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                  X