Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who starts at WR for Giants opposite Odell Beckham if Sterling Shepard stays in the slot? | Ranking Pat Shurmur's 9 best options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
    I remember liking what I saw from Lewis last year. Of the FA, the kid from Chicago looks interesting.

In my opinion, if we have the $$$ to grab a FA, I'd rather grab another CB. RT would also be nice but, like Lewis, I liked what I saw from Wheeler last year.
    I think this is harsh criticism. He's not reporting as "fact". It's a speculation article and all those players are available and theoretically could be signed. There's a huge difference between this article and others that quote "team sources".

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

They will some I am sure. It's just a different position. It's not as simple as you think. Different routes, releases, ETC. Plus it leaves a hole at TE and also tip off passing plays.
      Never said it was going to be easy but I watched him play at ole miss and itís what he did. He split out wide most of the time, his designation as a te was just a title. Lining up inline like we asked is a bigger adjustment to his game.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Man you beat me to it. Engram would be good out wide, has the speed, height, weight and can run excellent routs. He can high point the ball as well. Seeing him split wide and a 2 tight end set, Ellison and the kid out of South Carolina would be nice.
        You don't move a guy outside who's a matchup nightmare lined up at TE. He's not a slot guy or an outside receiver. I'm not understanding this fascination with Ellison outside of blocking in the run game. Odell and who ever else emerges from camp are on the outside, Sheppard in the slot and Evans lined up at TE. That's going to cause defenses to stay up at night as long as the new O line gels. I'm confident they will.

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post

You don't move a guy outside who's a matchup nightmare lined up at TE. He's not a slot guy or an outside receiver. I'm not understanding this fascination with Ellison outside of blocking in the run game. Odell and who ever else emerges from camp are on the outside, Sheppard in the slot and Evans lined up at TE. That's going to cause defenses to stay up at night as long as the new O line gels. I'm confident they will.
          It would be nice not seeing 11 personnel 90% of the time. Engram isnít an in-line te never was. Ellison is a blocking te who has some ability in the passing game. Engram skill set is off the ball lined out wide.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

It would be nice not seeing 11 personnel 90% of the time. Engram isnít an in-line te never was. Ellison is a blocking te who has some ability in the passing game. Engram skill set is off the ball lined out wide.
            He played in-line last season and did extremely well. Where are you getting this information from? It's just not accurate. He also showed that he can block in the run game.

Comment

He played in-line last season and did extremely well. Where are you getting this information from? It's just not accurate. He also showed that he can block in the run game.
              Show me where I said he didnít play well in-line last year. I got my info from his college games where he lined up wide exclusively. He was a detached te coming out, he wasnít an in-line blocker. His skill set is to play in space, lining him up in-line takes more away from his game then splitting him outside. Go back and watch ole misses offense

Comment

All the in-house receiving options for the Jints (including Lattimer) stink and shouldn't be NFL starters. And the external options are either scrubs we've never heard of, or washed up guys like Maclin or Dez who will be more trouble than they are worth.

The best way forward is to use Engram as a WR and Ellison as an in-line TE.

Comment

I hear Anthony Mix and Ramses Barden are still FAs as well, what a garbage article

Comment

Engramis the guy who benefits from Barkley the most. LB will have to hold thier ground every time Eli turns towards Barkley. That will give Engram enough to get behind the LB and work the seams. He's not the answer at WR, he needs to be able to buid on his success last year.

Comment

Roger Lewis should have the inside track as the 3rd wide receiver. He's earned the right to be given the opportunity by his fill in performance last season. However, if someone else plays at a higher level and surpasses him on the depth chart, he'll have no one to blame but himself. I'm rooting for the young man. This receiving core can do some serious damage as soon as the O line gels.

The O line over the past 3 season has severely handicapped this offense and the team overall. Just imagine Eli having time to throw with Odell, Sheppard, Evans and Lewis running routes. Throw Barkley into the mix and this could be fun to watch. We haven't seen a functioning offense since a healthy Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Bradshaw and Jacobs. OUCH!
                      IMO the offense under McAdoo was more of a problem than any of the players....

Comment

He reminds me of Mike Evans with a better attitude

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

IMO the offense under McAdoo was more of a problem than any of the players....
                          I try to be fair when criticizing a head coach. Though McAdoo was in over his head, he couldn't do much with his play book due to the worst O line in the league for the past 2 seasons. He basically had one hand tied behind his back and had to shorten his playbook. Having your QB get rid of the ball in 2 seconds would make any offense look bad. Eli is lucky to still be standing. The blame really falls on Reese. He's gone now, so things are already looking up.

Comment

Working...
                          X