Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RB's drafted in top 5 since 2000 have added...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

The guy who wasnít a factor was Bortles. Teams are sold out on stopping Fournette and he gets positive yards basically every time he touches the ball. He is one of the toughest runners in the league. The change that bringing in a premium RB has on the overall philosophy, direction, and production on a team is undeniable. Jacksonville would have gone nowhere with Ivory and Yeldon. Absolutely nowhere.
    They were 3-0 without Fournette. Without those games, they don't make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

The guy who wasnít a factor was Bortles. Teams are sold out on stopping Fournette and he gets positive yards basically every time he touches the ball. He is one of the toughest runners in the league. The change that bringing in a premium RB has on the overall philosophy, direction, and production on a team is undeniable. Jacksonville would have gone nowhere with Ivory and Yeldon. Absolutely nowhere.
      This.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

They were 3-0 without Fournette. Without those games, they don't make the playoffs.

Jags were 10-4 with nothing to play for in the last 2 games (which they lost)

Comment

The Jags were 7-6 in the games that Fournette played in, and 3-0 without him.
          How about Zeke?

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post

And our track record lately picking later round rb has not worked out. Instead of trying to find a diamond in the rough we finally said screw it let's just bye the darn diamond.
            That's the difference between Reese & Gettleman. Reese was always looking for potential where Gettleman is looking for success.

Comment

I watched all of the games. He played well in the Steelers game. He wasn't much of a factor at all in the other 2 games.
              They donít play the 3rd game without his performance in game 2 so when you ask what he did in the playoffs...thereís your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by mercurio View Post

That's the difference between Reese & Gettleman. Reese was always looking for potential where Gettleman is looking for success.
                I wonder how many players on this team that were drafted by Reese are still on the team? EA still has 2.

Comment

Originally posted by DVision View Post

They donít play the 3rd game without his performance in game 2 so when you ask what he did in the playoffs...thereís your answer.

They don't make the playoffs at all without going 3-0 in the games that he didn't play.

Comment

How about Zeke?
                    Zeke ran behind the same OL that made Darren McFadden the #4 rusher in the NFL the year before.
                    Last edited by TCHOF; 05-07-2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post

Jags were 10-4 with nothing to play for in the last 2 games (which they lost)
                      Nothing to play for? They clinched home field advantage at 10-4?

Comment

And our track record lately picking later round rb has not worked out. Instead of trying to find a diamond in the rough we finally said screw it let's just bye the darn diamond.
                        +1

Comment

Zeke ran behind the same OL that made Darren McFadden the #4 rusher in the NFL the year before.
                          If you don't think Zeke makes a difference on the Cowboys, we're done.

Comment

running behind omameh?

Comment

Please can we end this? Do you think the Jags didn't improve in part because of Fournette? Of Course you don't think that. Does anyone think there were not other factors to them improving? Of course not. You guys are literally fighting about nothing.

In 2016 the Jags were 3-13 and their top two runners got less than 900 yards rushing and 3.7 ypc and 4 TDs, 25th scoring O. 27th avg drive length.
                              In 2017 the Jags were 10-6 and Fournette rushed for 1060 yards, 3.9 ypc and 9 TDs, 5th scoring O. 16th avg drive length.

The OL was 80% the same. The QB was the same. Anyone that thinks Fournette didn't drastically improve this team is a moron. Plain and simple.
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                                Please can we end this? Do you think the Jags didn't improve in part because of Fournette? Of Course you don't think that. Does anyone think there were not other factors to them improving? Of course not. You guys are literally fighting about nothing.

In 2016 the Jags were 3-13 and their top two runners got less than 900 yards rushing and 3.7 ypc and 4 TDs, 25th scoring O. 27th avg drive length.
                                In 2017 the Jags were 10-6 and Fournette rushed for 1060 yards, 3.9 ypc and 9 TDs, 5th scoring O. 16th avg drive length.

The OL was 80% the same. The QB was the same. Anyone that thinks Fournette didn't drastically improve this team is a moron. Plain and simple.
                                I agree 100%, I didn't post the numbers to start an argument about the Jaguars and Fournette. That scenario just reinforces the numbers that were shown. Football is simple and one of the things that will never change is that running the ball and playing good defense will always give you a chance to win. I'm excited to see how this offense looks with a premier RB talent and an upgraded offensive line. RB is not typically a position I would like drafted that early but its different with Barkley. He's a difference maker immediately on and off the field. Like another poster was saying, we tried to address the position later in the draft and couldn't get it done. Now we draft a wonderful player at a premium spot and everybody is freaking out.

Comment

Working...
                                X