Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offensive Line (my grades) Last Year vs this Year (projected)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Line (my grades) Last Year vs this Year (projected)

I wanted to know what you guys think about my grading system for our offensive line last year vs projected this year. Here Goes
    2017 Start of Season
    LT Flowers D
    LG Pugh B
    C Richberg B-
    RG Jerry C-
    RT Hart F

2017 after Injuries
    LT Flowers D
    LG Not Pugh maybe Jerry C-
    C Jones B
    RG Cant remember D
    RT At least Better than Hart

2018 Projected
    LT Solder B+
    LG Hernandez B+ maybe A
    C Jones B
    RG Omameh C+ maybe better
    RT At the very least a D with Flowers or better

From the outset that looks like a much better combination and with a stellar running back should be an above average o line which is miles ahead of where we have been for years. What do you all think of my grading system.

Pretty good, I'm pretty much right with you

2017 start,
    LT Flowers D
    LG Pugh C+
    Richburg C-
    Jerry C
    Hart F

2017 after injuries
    LT Flowers C- (the 2nd half of the year)
    LG Jerry C/C-
    C Jones C+
    RG Fluker B/B-
    RT At least better than Hart (I love this grade)

2018 projected
    LT Solder B/B+
    LG Hernandez B+/A (hope I'm not expecting too much from this kid, but I think he's going to be great)
    C Jones C/C+
    RG Omameh C (don't know him from Adam)
    RT Flowers C- ( right side, help from TE, hoping he does the same as 2nd half last year)

Barkley is going to help everyone on offense to look better
    Last edited by That Guy Rich; 05-07-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I mean if C is average Solder is a C+

I loved the Hernandez pick, but he's better than Pugh Day 1? That's a stretch. I think hoping he matches Pugh's play would be a good rookie year.

If Fs were given out in 2017 then I'd project RT as an F. No one we currently have on the roster has experience playing there. Moving positions is hard and we are asking guys who either suck or have no experience to get it done.

I'm hoping the Oline as a unit can be average. The leftside is stronger than the rightside by a wide margin, so we will plan the offense around that and can provide help on the rightside. IE TE over there, Barkley lining up to Eli's right when in Shotgun. Bottomline is the offense should be good, it's good on paper. We've upgraded the play caller, we've upgraded the Oline, we added a more versatile RB, Engram is entering year 2, and most importantly Beckham should be healthy and on his best behavior hungry to get paid. The unknown element on offense is can Eli still play. We will find that out quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Casale726 View Post
        I wanted to know what you guys think about my grading system for our offensive line last year vs projected this year.
        To be honest it looks like you just made the grades up.

Comment

Why are people giving Omameh C+/C grades?

LOL

Scouting report from Carl Banks:

http://m.giants.com/videos/videos/In...c-45c76eed54ec

Pass-Block at 0:49 "Short-set by a Guard. He gets locked in to his guy, never lets him go."

Run-Block at 1:55 "He knows how to position himself. He gets his outside shoulder out there, turns his hips, and seals"

The most slept-on offseason signing by Gettleman: Patrick Omameh

He will impact the offense a lot more than people think.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post

I loved the Hernandez pick, but he's better than Pugh Day 1? That's a stretch. I think hoping he matches Pugh's play would be a good rookie year.

If Fs were given out in 2017 then I'd project RT as an F. No one we currently have on the roster has experience playing there. Moving positions is hard and we are asking guys who either suck or have no experience to get it done.

I'm hoping the Oline as a unit can be average. The leftside is stronger than the rightside by a wide margin, so we will plan the offense around that and can provide help on the rightside. IE TE over there, Barkley lining up to Eli's right when in Shotgun. Bottomline is the offense should be good, it's good on paper. We've upgraded the play caller, we've upgraded the Oline, we added a more versatile RB, Engram is entering year 2, and most importantly Beckham should be healthy and on his best behavior hungry to get paid. The unknown element on offense is can Eli still play. We will find that out quickly.

False, Solder is one of the ELITE run-blocking LTs. He's a better run than pass blocker.

Great run-blocking LT, above-average pass-blocking LT.

B+

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post

Gettleman watched every snap Eli took in 2017, and concluded he can still play. It's not unknown.

Hernandez from Day 1 is better than Pugh. Pugh stinks. Small, short arms, finesse blocker, can't anchor, can't drive-block, got pushed around constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post

Gettleman watched every snap Eli took in 2017, and concluded he can still play. It's not unknown.

Hernandez from Day 1 is better than Pugh. Pugh stinks. Small, short arms, finesse blocker, can't anchor, can't drive-block, got pushed around constantly.
                It's completely possible that Gettleman is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post

We are just going to have to see how it plays out. Iím hoping Gettleman is right but any can tell Eli play has been declining but now he has better tools around h. How much? Once again we will have to see how the year plays out.

Comment

anyone that is saying nate solder is going to be less than a B+ is just not a supporter of DG. He is a brick wall:

https://youtu.be/TRZPLiLl9HY

https://youtu.be/v9wbMzkVseE

He's got great technique, is very strong, quick with his feet and Eli isnt going to know what to do with himself.

Given the scarcity of quality LT's in this league, NS will be worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by Casale726 View Post
                      I wanted to know what you guys think about my grading system for our offensive line last year vs projected this year. Here Goes
                      2017 Start of Season
                      LT Flowers D
                      LG Pugh B
                      C Richberg B-
                      RG Jerry C-
                      RT Hart F

2017 after Injuries
                      LT Flowers D
                      LG Not Pugh maybe Jerry C-
                      C Jones B
                      RG Cant remember D
                      RT At least Better than Hart

2018 Projected
                      LT Solder B+
                      LG Hernandez B+ maybe A
                      C Jones B
                      RG Omameh C+ maybe better
                      RT At the very least a D with Flowers or better

From the outset that looks like a much better combination and with a stellar running back should be an above average o line which is miles ahead of where we have been for years. What do you all think of my grading system.
                      hope wheeler or someone can surprise us and the coaches and be atleast average at RT.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
                        anyone that is saying nate solder is going to be less than a B+ is just not a supporter of DG. He is a brick wall:

https://youtu.be/TRZPLiLl9HY

https://youtu.be/v9wbMzkVseE

He's got great technique, is very strong, quick with his feet and Eli isnt going to know what to do with himself.

Given the scarcity of quality LT's in this league, NS will be worth every penny.
                        DG did what he had to do it's not his fault that most of that OL needed replacing agree 100% Solder will be worth it but he will need some help from time to time against elite pass rushers.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post

if he is wrong, then almost every analyst and team would be wrong as well. From everything ive heard, most teams had Hernandez very high on their OL draft board.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OG.php - #4 overall (OL)
                          https://www.ndtscouting.com/thorn-20...t-ol-rankings/ - Tier ONE (OL) - biggest question mark: "over aggressiveness" lol
                          http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-rankings?pg=2 - #3 overall (G)

I can go on but the point is that no one has this kid being a bust.

Comment

Yes, that's why he is getting paid 10 mill a year. Cause he stinks.

Comment

Stop. Gettleman took the job with the following criteria from John Mara: Eli gets a shot in 2018. It's that simple. Eli is one of the highest paid players in football and we finished 31st in points and won 3 games. He's 37. Eli Manning is still here for 2 SB rings that saved absolutely no one else's job except for him. Coughlin won those 2 SBs and was fired years back. Gilbride won those 2 SBs and was fired years back. Fewell won the 2nd ring and was fired years back. Aside from the long snapper I think Eli is the only person still in the organization from the 2011 SB team. It's time those rings stop saving him and his current play be analyzed for what it is, he was benched for Geno Smith in December.

Comment

Working...
                              X