Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offensive Line (my grades) Last Year vs this Year (projected)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Yes, that's why he is getting paid 10 mill a year. Cause he stinks.
    LOL Pugh is a good player everything you want but he has had major problems with availability,he has been injured almost every year of his career so far except I think his rookie season,but he is good when on the field and versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post

Stop. Gettleman took the job with the following criteria from John Mara: Eli gets a shot in 2018. It's that simple. Eli is one of the highest paid players in football and we finished 31st in points and won 3 games. He's 37. Eli Manning is still here for 2 SB rings that saved absolutely no one else's job except for him. Coughlin won those 2 SBs and was fired years back. Gilbride won those 2 SBs and was fired years back. Fewell won the 2nd ring and was fired years back. Aside from the long snapper I think Eli is the only person still in the organization from the 2011 SB team. It's time those rings stop saving him and his current play be analyzed for what it is, he was benched for Geno Smith in December.
      all those coaches including pope and flarety were damn good coaches and all carried themselves with class,finally the right person got the axe no more scapegoats TC nor Manning could lift that crew of sad sacks JR brought in here they were all scapegoated and Eli was about to be next,they blew the last 5-6 years of his career.

Comment

From the outset last year our OLine was getting pushed back on every play. Iím sure the guys we lost in Free Agency were talented, but the chemistry and physical presence as a unit wasnít there.

We improved with Fluker and Jones coming in and bringing some much needed nastiness, and with Pugh replacing Hart at RT. Iím hopeful the new faces bring more of that physical presence. Our projected starters may be an improvement, but developing the kind of chemistry to be their best will take time. We also have obvious concerns with depth.

We accomplished a lot this off-season, but adding another hog molly or two on the Offence wouldíve been a welcome thing. Now letís just hope Flowers puts on his big boy pants and gets to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Makin Plays View Post
          From the outset last year our OLine was getting pushed back on every play. Iím sure the guys we lost in Free Agency were talented, but the chemistry and physical presence as a unit wasnít there.

We improved with Fluker and Jones coming in and bringing some much needed nastiness, and with Pugh replacing Hart at RT. Iím hopeful the new faces bring more of that physical presence. Our projected starters may be an improvement, but developing the kind of chemistry to be their best will take time. We also have obvious concerns with depth.

We accomplished a lot this off-season, but adding another hog molly or two on the Offence wouldíve been a welcome thing. Now letís just hope Flowers puts on his big boy pants and gets to work.

I think chemistry is important but really overrated. If you have guys who can block they will block. Richburg, hart went out and we inserted fluker, Jones and moved Pugh to a position he hadn't played since his rookie year and our line instantly got better. They were 10x better at run protection with group than the one with Richburg and hart.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

if he is wrong, then almost every analyst and team would be wrong as well. From everything ive heard, most teams had Hernandez very high on their OL draft board.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OG.php - #4 overall (OL)
            https://www.ndtscouting.com/thorn-20...t-ol-rankings/ - Tier ONE (OL) - biggest question mark: "over aggressiveness" lol
            http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-rankings?pg=2 - #3 overall (G)

I can go on but the point is that no one has this kid being a bust.
            Poster you were replying to was talking about Gettleman being wrong about Eli, not Hernandez

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

if he is wrong, then almost every analyst and team would be wrong as well. From everything ive heard, most teams had Hernandez very high on their OL draft board.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OG.php - #4 overall (OL)
              https://www.ndtscouting.com/thorn-20...t-ol-rankings/ - Tier ONE (OL) - biggest question mark: "over aggressiveness" lol
              http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-rankings?pg=2 - #3 overall (G)

I can go on but the point is that no one has this kid being a bust.
              I was talking about the Eli reference. The one poster is claiming that Eli will be good because DG watched all of Eli's film and therefore he'll be good. It doesn't really mean anything, DG can be wrong.

Comment

All O-linemen are going to have troubles. That is why play selections are important.
                I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

I mean if C is average Solder is a C+

I loved the Hernandez pick, but he's better than Pugh Day 1? That's a stretch. I think hoping he matches Pugh's play would be a good rookie year.

If Fs were given out in 2017 then I'd project RT as an F. No one we currently have on the roster has experience playing there. Moving positions is hard and we are asking guys who either suck or have no experience to get it done.

I'm hoping the Oline as a unit can be average. The leftside is stronger than the rightside by a wide margin, so we will plan the offense around that and can provide help on the rightside. IE TE over there, Barkley lining up to Eli's right when in Shotgun. Bottomline is the offense should be good, it's good on paper. We've upgraded the play caller, we've upgraded the Oline, we added a more versatile RB, Engram is entering year 2, and most importantly Beckham should be healthy and on his best behavior hungry to get paid. The unknown element on offense is can Eli still play. We will find that out quickly.
                  Solder C+? That's just plain wrong. There are very few LT's in the NFL better than Solder. We are lucky to have him, even at the high cap rate.

Nate Solder would have played in the Pro Bowl if not for the Patriots' Super Bowl appearance.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/2/19/17027034/new-england-patriots-2018-nfl-pro-bowl-alternates-nate-solder-devin-mccourty-super-bowl-52-eagles

Comment

Flowers should be an F
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Stop. Gettleman took the job with the following criteria from John Mara: Eli gets a shot in 2018. It's that simple. Eli is one of the highest paid players in football and we finished 31st in points and won 3 games. He's 37. Eli Manning is still here for 2 SB rings that saved absolutely no one else's job except for him. Coughlin won those 2 SBs and was fired years back. Gilbride won those 2 SBs and was fired years back. Fewell won the 2nd ring and was fired years back. Aside from the long snapper I think Eli is the only person still in the organization from the 2011 SB team. It's time those rings stop saving him and his current play be analyzed for what it is, he was benched for Geno Smith in December.
                      +1 , Iím glad someone is on the reality train.

Comment

Anyone down on the solder signing should go back and watch Flowers play.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                          Flowers should be an F
                          Nahhh. Flowers is a smoking turd, but 2nd half of the season he played ok. Give the hot mess a C- at least

Comment

This is all I needed to see from Flowers

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/...190912/video/1

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                              This is all I needed to see from Flowers

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/...190912/video/1
                              Holy Crap ...He is the worst. ..I can't stop laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post

Holy Crap ...He is the worst. ..I can't stop laughing.
                                Up until I saw that I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. That play shows me he doesnít care and thatís fine but then retire and give someone else a shot that wants to play

Comment

Working...
                                X