Clear All

• Outside LB looks solid 3-4

Depth and starters look good.

.....Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
      Depth and starters look good.
      That would be a switch
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

That would be a switch
        Say what you want about DG idea of winning at aleast he is addressing the LB. Idk what JR ignored more the O line or the LBs

Comment

Can Martin and or Lorenzo play mlb ? If they had to. I believe these guys are kind of Jack of all trade guys. Maybe Lorenzo more pass rushing ability.
          I worry about goodson. I like him but worry

Comment

Based on what? If Carter can emerge as a pass rushing force that would help, but that needs to happen. Vernon has not played in a 3-4. Our front 7 looks like it should be solid v the run, the pass rush is in the bottom tier of the NFL on paper, pressure needs to emerge or this D is going to get lit up by passing offenses. If I'm game planning the Giants D I'm coming out throwing, throwing, throwing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
              Based on what? If Carter can emerge as a pass rushing force that would help, but that needs to happen. Vernon has not played in a 3-4. Our front 7 looks like it should be solid v the run, the pass rush is in the bottom tier of the NFL on paper, pressure needs to emerge or this D is going to get lit up by passing offenses. If I'm game planning the Giants D I'm coming out throwing, throwing, throwing.
              I think your right, the only real way I forsee as forming a pass rush is blitzing like Pittsburgh does. IMO Carter gives us somebody perhaps to at least be a somewhat consistent threat to get to the QB. Hopefully it works. He is one heck of an athlete and he was expected to go somewhere in the 2nd rd. We might get real lucky with both 3rd rd picks. Both 3rd rd picks in the top 7, that didn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

Say what you want about DG idea of winning at aleast he is addressing the LB. Idk what JR ignored more the O line or the LBs
                Both were ignored but he did Draft Flowers & Sintum high but they were both busts
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
                  Can Martin and or Lorenzo play mlb ? If they had to. I believe these guys are kind of Jack of all trade guys. Maybe Lorenzo more pass rushing ability.
                  I worry about goodson. I like him but worry
                  you forgetting we have Ogletree?

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                    Both were ignored but he did Draft Flowers & Sintum high but they were both busts
                    Flowers is not a bust. Young and learning. It still takes time for players to jell even years. A lot of top first rounders take time to get better. Eli could have been a bust.
                    I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

Flowers is not a bust. Young and learning. It still takes time for players to jell even years. A lot of top first rounders take time to get better. Eli could have been a bust.
                      https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/...190912/video/1

Well for a guy that has been in the league as long as he has he has a lot to learn.

Comment

How about young but not learning. Getting stronger last preseason did not help technique. He needs to train with a positions coach.

Comment

Originally posted by mercurio View Post

How about young but not learning. Getting stronger last preseason did not help technique. He needs to train with a positions coach.
                          Technique is useless if O-linemen cant sustain blocks.
                          I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/...190912/video/1

Well for a guy that has been in the league as long as he has he has a lot to learn.
                            You need at least 100 snaps to show Flowers can't block not just one play.

Comment

Technique is useless if O-linemen cant sustain blocks.
                              You can't sustain blocks if your technique is garbage.

Comment

Working...
                              X