How can anyone not be excited about barkley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can anyone not be excited about barkley

Serious yea yea we wanted Chubb or Eli is on a downtrend yadaya yada.

bottom line he is here. Personally I am stoked. This guy can really do it all.

he can't hurt us.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Add Barkley + Eli’s ability to play action pass and we could actually have an exciting offense to watch this year

Comment

He's a homerun threat. If u want to complain ?

complain about fs Thompson or Eli apple or something else .not Barkley

Comment

I said leading up to the draft, Nelson is the safe pick and Barkley is the exciting one. I am very excited to see him on the field. If we can get the ball out of Eli's hands into anyone on this offense it will be exciting. The is the most I have ever liked a group of skill position players. ODB, Shep, Engram, Ellison, Barkley and Gallman are all very likeable and very good players.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
          I said leading up to the draft, Nelson is the safe pick and Barkley is the exciting one. I am very excited to see him on the field. If we can get the ball out of Eli's hands into anyone on this offense it will be exciting. The is the most I have ever liked a group of skill position players. ODB, Shep, Engram, Ellison, Barkley and Gallman are all very likeable and very good players.
          Also there is going to be a 3rd WR that will most likely be overlooked and get single coverage due to all the other weapons a defense will have to worry about
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post

he can't hurt us.
            Because people enjoy complaining about anything. If we went with a qb Gettleman is an idiot for wasting the #2 pick on a player not ready to play. If he drafted Nelson people would complain about drafting a guard at 2.

I understand the argument of positional value and the life span of running backs but the guy was arguably the best player in the draft.

Comment

I wasnt for taking Barkley for a while cause I felt we needed oline and I wasnt sure Hernandez would be there come round 2 but things worked out perfect. So I could not be happier to see Saquon Bsrkley in a Giants uniform. I think he is gonna be something special.

Comment

I just hope we have a franchise quarterback for the 2020 season.

Comment

i hope we win a super bowl while he's here.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post

he can't hurt us.
                    Im taking a wait and see approach. For me its not about watching your favorite player in the pro bowl, its about watching your favorite team in the playoffs and SB. Recent precedent shows top QB's are more likely to lead teams on deep playoff runs as opposed to top RB's. Not to mention the value of the position, longevity, etc. Barkley was the best player in the draft, I've come to grips w the decision to draft him and why they did it. I just hope we are not in QB hell once Eli retires. Only time will tell if we are better off long term, year 3 thru 10 or so w/ Barkley vs. one of the QB's
                    Needs for 2016

DL, Secondary, RB, OL, TE, WR, LB

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. I think he'll be one of the best backs we've had in a while. However I follow the Big 10 and The Bark looked very average at times and was pretty much shut down vs powerhouses Indiana and Rutgers.

Jury is still out but I think he'll be found guilty of being pretty darn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dattdoode View Post

Im taking a wait and see approach. For me its not about watching your favorite player in the pro bowl, its about watching your favorite team in the playoffs and SB. Recent precedent shows top QB's are more likely to lead teams on deep playoff runs as opposed to top RB's. Not to mention the value of the position, longevity, etc. Barkley was the best player in the draft, I've come to grips w the decision to draft him and why they did it. I just hope we are not in QB hell once Eli retires. Only time will tell if we are better off long term, year 3 thru 10 or so w/ Barkley vs. one of the QB's
                        Did you catch the playoffs this year?
                        Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

I wanted Penny so a trade back to get him and with the extra two picks get a CB,RT or pass rusher..

This way the TEAM has a much better chance making the playoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

Did you catch the playoffs this year?
                            Yes I did. 1 year don't make precedent. Over the last 5 or so seasons a lot of teams w/ scrub RB's and top QB's are making the playoffs. Scrub QB's w/ top RB's aren't. By SCRUB I mean bottom half of the league vs TOP half of the league. Even if it was just for that one season
                            Needs for 2016

DL, Secondary, RB, OL, TE, WR, LB

Comment

my biggest issue with Barkley's effectiveness is after seeing his highlight reels many of his catches are from the QB on the run or rolling out. Those types of passes will not happen with ELI. Barkley will be getting a lot of behind the line swing passes and dumps over the middle.
                              I also hope to god that Giants can finally execute a decent screen pass on consistent basis.

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Working...
                              X