Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30th??

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...ncy-and-draft/

I'm one of the more pessimistic fans, and even I think this is a joke. I'm not expecting the Giants to go from 3-13 to 11-5 but they're not going to be the 3rd worst team in football again next year either.

They might be. About the only thing I know for sure is that that guy doesnít know.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

I'm one of the more pessimistic fans, and even I think this is a joke. I'm not expecting the Giants to go from 3-13 to 11-5 but they're not going to be the 3rd worst team in football again next year either.
      Ok.. I'll bite...

What teams are they better than??

Comment

3-13 again huh? Doubt it but if so the new GM wonít make the same mistakes in next years draft Iím sure. If theyíre that bad then Iím sure this current regime will be shown the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

Ok.. I'll bite...

Unfortunately that's a tough question. Everybody has improved at this time of year. Especially the NFC it's really tough. I would say Eagles, Rams, and Vikes are sitting atop of the NFC. Maybe the Falcons and Saints are a notch in front of the other 10 or 11 NFC teams. The rest are a cluster and were the weakest team from last year trying to become part of the cluster. I have no idea how good we could be. 10-6 to 8-8 is my window I'm guessing at. Even with a one heck of a tough schedule.

In the AFC even Cleveland has decided to compete this year. So good luck over there. But at least I feel were better than the stinkin Jets. So there's that.
          Last edited by That Guy Rich; 05-08-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

They may end up that poor again this year, noone knows, but from the blurb that he put next to them, I would think they should be higher. May not be a playoff team, but there is a huge gap between 30 and playoffs...

Adding Saquon Barkley as a running back and Nate Solder and Will Hernandez up front will help Eli Manning. But are they ready to be a playoff team?

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

Unfortunately that's a tough question. Everybody has improved at this time of year. Especially the NFC it's really tough. I would say Eagles, Rams, and Vikes are sitting atop of the NFC. Maybe the Falcons and Saints are a notch in front of the other 10 or 11 NFC teams. The rest are a cluster and were the weakest team from last year trying to become part of the cluster. I have no idea how good we could be. 10-6 to 8-8 is my window I'm guessing at. Even with a one heck of a tough schedule.

In the AFC even Cleveland has decided to compete this year. So good luck over there. But at least I feel were better than the stinkin Jets. So there's that.
              The schedule does look tough, especially the first half. Consider the new coaching, schemes, and players - it would appear a tough start is expected. But sometime after the bye, I would expect to see a team playing better than most of that cluster.

Comment

If they are the third worst team in football this year you can change your name to fire DG.
                Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Same article....same dude Pete.....about one year ago today..... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...draft-edition/

Let's hope he's just as off as he was then.

He had the Vikings, Eagles, Bills, Jaguars and Rams ranked somewhere between 23 thru 28....every...single .....one....made the playoffs.....you really couldn't be that off if you tried.
                  Last edited by BlueJayC; 05-08-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

8-8 is the worst I see the Giants going this yr, 11-5 the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

Ok.. I'll bite...

I would certainly hope at least 5 or 6 that he has right ahead of them for starters. Colts, Bears, Dolphins, Skins, Bills, Bengals ...

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                        They may end up that poor again this year, noone knows, but from the blurb that he put next to them, I would think they should be higher. May not be a playoff team, but there is a huge gap between 30 and playoffs...

Adding Saquon Barkley as a running back and Nate Solder and Will Hernandez up front will help Eli Manning. But are they ready to be a playoff team?
                        For me the question wont be the offense. On paper - better blocking, Saquon and OBJ back should get the Offense back in the top 10. My question marks are on defense and to a lesser extent special teams. Landon will go into the season fresh off surgery, Apple is a question mark, we have 1 proven LB. Snacks is a great run defender, but its a passing league and our best pass rusher isn't elite and changing positions. Bettcher can only scheme so much and when you play the better teams and better QB's, that's when you get exposed.
                        Needs for 2016

DL, Secondary, RB, OL, TE, WR, LB

Comment

Just stop PLEASE. keep things to yourself if your not happy. We're trying to rebuild

Comment

3rd worse in football probably not, but in the conference its possible. I mean barring injury who would be worse? Chicago, Arizona, Maybe Tampa and Washington? Its going to be a tough year. We need a lot to break right in order to even have winning record, I just don't see it.
                            Needs for 2016

DL, Secondary, RB, OL, TE, WR, LB

Comment

We suck until we prove we don't.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X