No announcement yet.

30th??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it when the Giants are underestimated..we'll surprise many this year!....and i say that every off season

Comment

I think the offense will be much improved (how can it not be). They certainly added some depth on the DL and somewhat to LB. My opinion is that I donít believe they have a playoff caliber defense. Huge question marks in the secondary and until they show otherwise, zero pass rush.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

If they are the third worst team in football this year you can change your name to fire DG.
        I don't know...

Year Record Division Finish Playoff Results Keep Jerry Reese?
        2012 9-7 2nd, NFC East None Yes
        2013 7-9 3rd, NFC East None Yes
        2014 6-10 3rd, NFC East None Yes
        2015 6-10 3rd, NFC East None Yes
        2016 11-5 2nd, NFC East Lost to Packers in Wild Card game Yes
        2017 3-13 4th, NFC East None No

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

The schedule does look tough, especially the first half. Consider the new coaching, schemes, and players - it would appear a tough start is expected. But sometime after the bye, I would expect to see a team playing better than most of that cluster.
          I think your right jim, I certainly hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
            https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...ncy-and-draft/

I'm one of the more pessimistic fans, and even I think this is a joke. I'm not expecting the Giants to go from 3-13 to 11-5 but they're not going to be the 3rd worst team in football again next year either.
            They are a bad 3-13 team until they prove otherwise
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              They are a bad 3-13 team until they prove otherwise
              They played 3/4 of last season without Beckham, they've replaced 80 % of last year's starting O-line, and drafted Barkley. For anyone making predictions to say they'll only win 3 games again is idiotic. They might only win 6 or 7 but they're not going to be the 3rd worst team in the NFL.

Comment

They played 3/4 of last season without Beckham, they've replaced 80 % of last year's starting O-line, and drafted Barkley. For anyone making predictions to say they'll only win 3 games again is idiotic. They might only win 6 or 7 but they're not going to be the 3rd worst team in the NFL.
                and the most important replacement is PS for BM.

Comment

Considering that the Giants cleaned house in the front office and with the coaching staff, and are seriously rebuilding the O-Line, I'd be stunned if they can't win more than 3 games again.
                  One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Not saying they are but you earn redpecr on the field. Until they can show all these new players and coaches can mesh together and not have a ton of injuries like last year you will see more if these type of predictions.

So hey picking 3rd in the Draft next year they should make another nice haul
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

Just kidding I see them winning 6/7 and picking 14-17 range

4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE

Comment

Last year, CBS sports predicted we go 8-8. For many, it was a somber reality check, for the truly enlightened fan, we thought they were being generous.

With the Giants, we do better when we are under rated. History shows this to be true. We were the underdogs in every championship that we ever played (in my lifetime, except maybe 86).

Embrace the under dog tag. Teams sleep on under dogs and then they step up...Look how bad the jags were 2 seasons ago. They weren't pre-season favorites to do anything.

We sucked last year and having a few fancy names on paper does not discount that fact.
                        Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                          Last year, CBS sports predicted we go 8-8. For many, it was a somber reality check, for the truly enlightened fan, we thought they were being generous.

With the Giants, we do better when we are under rated. History shows this to be true. We were the underdogs in every championship that we ever played (in my lifetime, except maybe 86).

Embrace the under dog tag. Teams sleep on under dogs and then they step up...Look how bad the jags were 2 seasons ago. They weren't pre-season favorites to do anything.

We sucked last year and having a few fancy names on paper does not discount that fact.
                          Sometimes teams predicted to go 8-8 surprise and go 10-6 or 11-5.

Not many teams predicted to go 3-13 even find their way to 7-9.

Having said that, I DO think we'll be better than 3-13. Maybe not much better, but some.

Comment

Working...
                          X