• Re: ***Burress Agrees to 2 Years***

now vick can have him , so sad

Comment

and we complain celebs get off easy............dang

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Roosevelt"]
        Good to see you stepping up and admitting when your wrong. I hope it continues. []
        [/quote]

It's really not so unusual, I am wrong sometimes, and when someone can show me actual proof of that I Always admit it, I usually don't get involved in arguments where I can be proven wrong though, in this case, IF Plax was offered a 3 month deal (which the article says he was) then I think he WAS treated fairly so my claim that he wasn't is wrong.....that's very different then saying I'm wrong about Shockey or Brandon Marshell making our team better, there is no possible way you can "Prove" me wrong about that.
        [/quote]

Speaking of Shockey, what kind of year do expect from him?

I was reading on the Saints board that he hasn't had a good camp - looks like he's going through the motions out there.

I also read in SI that his fantasy stock has dropped way down. I think they put him at #26, while Boss is at #8.

What do you think?

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"]

I was reading on the Saints board that he hasn't had a good camp - looks like he's going through the motions out there.

I also read in SI that his fantasy stock has dropped way down. I think they put him at #26, while Boss is at #8.

What do you think?
          [/quote]

I think he'll be a top 10 receiving TE in terms of production.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Roosevelt"]

What do you think?
            [/quote]

I think he'll be a top 10 receiving TE in terms of production.
            [/quote]

Given what you have seen so far of Sintim (and Bomar) vs what you think Shockey's production will be,
            Do you think the trade was a better deal fro the Saints or for the Giants.

Comment

[quote user="Jint Fan 73"]

Given what you have seen so far of Sintim (and Bomar) vs what you think Shockey's production will be,
              Do you think the trade was a better deal fro the Saints or for the Giants.
              [/quote]

I'd like to point out before I answer this, that I always specified that we would have been a better team in 2008 specifically (meaning I said THIS YEAR a lot) so regardless of whether we will get the better deal out of this or not...in 2008 we would have been better with shockey, then without shockey and two picks next year.

but....

to answer the question.

Sintim looks promising, Bomar is meh...Eli's got a long contract and Bomar is pretty useless for our team imho....

It's still to early for this year...I think the Saints still have the better end of the deal

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Roosevelt"]
                Good to see you stepping up and admitting when your wrong.* I hope it continues.* []
                [/quote]

It's really not so unusual, I am wrong sometimes, and when someone can show me actual proof of that I Always admit it, I usually don't get involved in arguments where I can be proven wrong though, in this case, IF Plax was offered a 3 month deal (which the article says he was) then I think he WAS treated fairly so my claim that he wasn't is wrong.....that's very different then saying I'm wrong about Shockey or Brandon Marshell making our team better, there is no possible way you can "Prove" me wrong about that.
                [/quote]

I also read in SI that his fantasy stock has dropped way down.* I think they put him at #26, while Boss is at #8.

What do you think?
                [/quote]

Didn't he have like 60 yards and a TD the other night? I will take that from my TE anyday.

Comment

[quote user="njsean"][quote user="loaded30"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]It's a damn shame they couldn't treat him fairly and decided to make an example out of him because of his fame.
                  [/quote]Its a shame isn't it.

I'll tell you one thing I believe, Mr. Bloomburg was just trying to make a name for himself. I live in LA and I didn't have a clue who Bloomburg was. But now I know.

Get my point. Its all abouta individual like Bloomburg to feed off someone else's fame.

You look at what Stallworth got off with,he was guilty andKILLED someone else. Just doesn't make sense to me.

[/quote] Yes, I look at Stallworth and I saw a contrite man, who owned up to everything he did right away and apologized, and when he looked for mercy from the court - he found some. I don't remember seeing ANY of that from Plax.[/quote]

I understand what your saying, but he killed a man and was under the influence. Last time I checked thats breaking the law.

All I'm saying isBloomburg & the courts made an example out of him. I guess its all about the city. I guess if you feel like commiting a crime and getting away with it, means you just have to stay out of NY & LA. I really feel bad for Plax even though he aint a giant anymore.

Plax's fault, but i really feel he had no bad intensions and thats what burns.

Comment

[quote user="Judico"]Waiting for a link but ESPN just stated that Burress had agreed to plead guilty to weapons charge and receive a 2 year prison term.

[/quote]

HOW MUCH YOU THINK HIS SIGNING BONUS IS GOING TO BE? AHHHHHHHHHHH

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]It's a damn shame they couldn't treat him fairly and decided to make an example out of him because of his fame.
                      [/quote]

i highly agree. **** bloomburg.

Every american has a right to defend themselves regardless if its registered

if he shot someone trying to break into his home with the same gunhe still would of been charged. this country is *** backwards.

hes still an idiot for rocking a glock in his sweatpants and hes an idiot for not getting it registered, but still 2 years?!?

[/quote]

>

You say one thing then another. Fact is Moronixico, Brought a Loaded Glock handgun INTO a frigging nightclub!!!!! Add in it was'nt registered in NY - If you wanna try n be a Tough guy, be prepared to except the outcome.

BTW. I Agree that we should be allowed to have weapons/guns if they want, but You Do Not bring it into Nightclubs OR Wendy's or Your flipping dentist!!!!!!! & He Won't do the full 2 years, he'll get time off for good behavior - IMHO....

Comment

First i find it a tragedy that burress went from everything to practically nothing. Its sad to see that happen to any man though it was his fault this happened. That being said I personally feel that this was all about Bloomburg and the DA getting publicly to send a message about burress. The penalty does not fit the crime and a man will lose nearly 2 years of his life for a stupid mistake. We can say well if this happened or this happened, but it did not happen like that he shot himself. Yes i agree there was need for some punishment because he did bring a weapon in illegally but 2 years is too much and i prob would not have a problem with it if Bloomburg did not from the beginning make the statement that Plex would be an example. If bloomburg really want to make a statement use plex's celebrity to help teach kids about gun control and saftey let him do 6 months and do a lot of community service that's how he can benefit society but putting him behind bars for 2 years is absolutely insane and makes no sense as he had no criminal intent unlike a lot of other people who illegally carry guns in NYC. But as many in NYC know when Bloomburg wants to put himself in the public eye and the papers he'll do anything to do so. Even if it means destroying a mans life when in reality the situation could have been a lot better if he thought about what would be the best for NYC not how he would look in the public eye.

Comment

[quote user="killerblue8787"]First i find it a tragedy that burress went from everything to practically nothing. Its sad to see that happen to any man though it was his fault this happened. That being said I personally feel that this was all about Bloomburg and the DA getting publicly to send a message about burress. The penalty does not fit the crime and a man will lose nearly 2 years of his life for a stupid mistake. We can say well if this happened or this happened, but it did not happen like that he shot himself. Yes i agree there was need for some punishment because he did bring a weapon in illegally but 2 years is too much and i prob would not have a problem with it if Bloomburg did not from the beginning make the statement that Plex would be an example. If bloomburg really want to make a statement use plex's celebrity to help teach kids about gun control and saftey let him do 6 months and do a lot of community service that's how he can benefit society but putting him behind bars for 2 years is absolutely insane and makes no sense as he had no criminal intent unlike a lot of other people who illegally carry guns in NYC. But as many in NYC know when Bloomburg wants to put himself in the public eye and the papers he'll do anything to do so. Even if it means destroying a mans life when in reality the situation could have been a lot better if he thought about what would be the best for NYC not how he would look in the public eye.
                          [/quote]

meh..I don't know about practically nothing. The guy is still rich when he gets out.... If I knew I had a couple cool million waiting for me, that would be easy time for sure. You know he isn't going to gen population anyways...As far as the 6 months he was offered 3 months. He decided to decline and let it get out of hand. He's an idiot.

Comment

Plax got hosed, plain and simple. Yes he did something outrageously stupid that could have resulted in someone getting shot in the head (and yes that person could have been you, me, or any of our loved ones). But what about drunk driving? I am not trying to bring up the Stallworth case, just drunk driving in general. I am willing to bet my next pay check that statistics show that more deaths occur from drunk driving then gun accidents. Plax got 2 years because his action could have potentially killed someone. If I get pulled over for drunk driving, an action that is much more likely to kill someone, I get hit with a hefty fine and I lose my license, maybe do a night in the clink.

I am not letting plax off the hook in anyway, what he did was absolutely stupid and she be slapped around by everyone in that club for it. But 2 years in prison?! That is not justice, that is one cities' crusade to set an example.

I bELIeve in February 4, 2018.

Comment

[quote user="Providence"]

Plax got hosed, plain and simple. Yes he did something outrageously stupid that could have resulted in someone getting shot in the head (and yes that person could have been you, me, or any of our loved ones). But what about drunk driving? I am not trying to bring up the Stallworth case, just drunk driving in general. I am willing to bet my next pay check that statistics show that more deaths occur from drunk driving then gun accidents. Plax got 2 years because his action could have potentially killed someone. If I get pulled over for drunk driving, an action that is much more likely to kill someone, I get hit with a hefty fine and I lose my license, maybe do a night in the clink.

I am not letting plax off the hook in anyway, what he did was absolutely stupid and she be slapped around by everyone in that club for it. But 2 years in prison?! That is not justice, that is one cities' crusade to set an example.

[/quote]

Plax got hosed because the drunk driving laws are too lenient?

That makes alot of sense.....

Comment

[/quote]

Why do you think Plaxico was treated unfairly
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                                X