This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Burress Agrees to 2 Years***

Waiting for a link but ESPN just stated that Burress had agreed to plead guilty to weapons charge and receive a 2 year prison term.

Re: ***Burress Agrees to 2 Years***

good bye nfl career

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

wow - that was unexpected

I'm guessing he goes in asap and gets out in 9 months for good behavior or something like that???

Comment

Plax and his lawyer played this all wrong. Sucks for him. I'm fairly certain, if he acted sooner, he could've easily got 1 year. Glad we cut him before this happened.

Comment

It's a damn shame they couldn't treat him fairly and decided to make an example out of him because of his fame.

Comment

Here's the link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4411373

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"]It's a damn shame they couldn't treat him fairly and decided to make an example out of him because of his fame.
              [/quote]

???

he plea bargin 2 instead of 3 1/2......don't get what you mean

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="Mo Carthon"]

Plax and his lawyer played this all wrong. Sucks for him. I'm fairly certain, if he acted sooner, he could've easily got 1 year. Glad we cut him before this happened.

[/quote]

My father always told me, if you wait to fix a mistake, your consequnces increase two fold. Bad move by Plax and his lawyers, another great move be Reese & Co.

Comment

[quote user="Mo Carthon"]

[/quote]

he was offered two years from the start. he and his lawyer refused the plea. now they accept it. going to trial may have resulted in more time

You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"]It's a damn shame they couldn't treat him fairly and decided to make an example out of him because of his fame.
                    [/quote]

i highly agree. **** bloomburg.

Every american has a right to defend themselves regardless if its registered

if he shot someone trying to break into his home with the same gunhe still would of been charged. this country is *** backwards.

hes still an idiot for rocking a glock in his sweatpants and hes an idiot for not getting it registered, but still 2 years?!?

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

???

[/quote]

The VAST majority of average joes who get charged with this get ZERO jail time, over 90% I think the statistic showed.

Comment

"Yes One express flight to Canada."

Looks like Burress aint gonna playing Football this year, actually hell be playing football 4 the jail team.

Charles Manson Deep to Burress Intercetped by John Markov. Tackle made by Drew peterson.

Charles Manson Hands off to O.J Simpson Touchdown Flying Felons

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

???

[/quote]

The VAST majority of average joes who get charged with this get ZERO jail time, over 90% I think the statistic showed.
                          [/quote]

gotta link for that

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

???

[/quote]

[/quote]
                            Does that stat apply to people charged or people who were found / pled guilty?

big difference

Comment

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/20/plaxic...ets-two-years/

LINK ALERT

Comment

Working...
                              X