Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barkley have a better career than Tiki Barber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

Are you happy with McCaffrey's year being drafted so high???
    No and I'm not happy with Gallman's either. Bring on Barkley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glaw View Post
      Now compare him to Newton
      Compare him to a quarterback? Why would I do that?

Comment

No and I'm not happy with Gallman's either. Bring on Barkley.
        Every time the subject of Eli's performance comes up, people talk about how terrible the line is. Well, doesn't Gallman run behind that same line?

Gallman did a fantastic job for a rookie behind a line that a 14-year veteran quarterback couldn't overcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Every time the subject of Eli's performance comes up, people talk about how terrible the line is. Well, doesn't Gallman run behind that same line?

Gallman did a fantastic job for a rookie behind a line that a 14-year veteran quarterback couldn't overcome.
          And when the decision came to replace one of them two with the #2 pick , DG chose to replace Gallman.

Comment

Well, despite Cam "hogging them all up", a washed-up Jonathan Stewart managed to get 198 carries. I wonder why Stewart got so many more.

Since 2013, Eli Manning has over 500 more passing attempts than Cam Newton. I wonder if that suggests that we're more of a passing team than Carolina. I also wonder if that would affect our rushing numbers. Yards per carry might be a better barometer. For example, Christian McCaffrey's yards per carry last season was 3.7. Wayne Gallman's was 4.3.
            Did Eli have DeAngelo Williams in 2013? Jonathan Stewart in 2014-2015-2016-2017? Stewart rushed for:

2014-809 yds 3 rush TDs
            2015-989 yds 6 rush TDs 1 rec TD
            2016-824 yds 9 rush TDs
            2017-680 yds 6 rush TDs 1 rec TD

DeAngelo had 843 3 rush TDs 1 rec TD in 2013

Stewart has a combined 3,302 rushing yds the past 4 yrs to go along with 24 rush TDs & 2 Rec TDs. Let's see the combined rushing yds & TDs from scrimmage of these 2 RBs from 13'-17'

4,145 rushing yds & 30 rushing/rec TDs = 829yds 6 TDs per yr

Giants top RB stats during that same 5yr period

2013-Andre Brown 492 rush yds 3 TDs
            2014-Andre Williams 721 rush yds 7 TDs
            2015-Rashad Jennings 863 rush yds 3 TDs 1 rec TD
            2016-Rashad Jennings 593 rush yds 3 TDs 1 rec TD
            2017-Orleans Darkwa 751 rush yds 5 TDs

So let's see the combined rushing yds/TD totals of the 4 Giants RBs during that 5yr period:

3420 rushing yds & 23 rushing /Rec TDs = 684 yds 4.6 TDs per yr

Wow, just 2 Panthers RBs out rushed & out scored 4 Giants RBs in that same 5 yr period Then you wonder why Eli has had to throw the ball 500x more than Cam the past 5 yrs?

The fact is the Giants couldn't run the ball as effectively as Carolina can & then add in a running QB like Cam who alone has 2,873 rushing yds & 32 rushing TDs in that 5yr period.

I guarantee the Giants rushing stats will blow up this yr with SB in the lineup & Eli might end up throwing 100x less passes than last yr while improving his TD/Int ratio.

I'd also take McCaffrey over any Giants RB from the last 5 yrs in a NY minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

You're pretty funny with your posts!!

How's McCaffrey's numbers a "ton" better than anyone besides Brown???
              You flunked math didn't you.

McCaffrey had 1086 TOTAL yds from scrimmage with 7 TDs

Only Jennings in 2015 had more TOTAL yds from scrimmage (1159) than McCaffrey did in his rookie yr & no Giant had more TDs in a single yr than McCaffrey's 7!

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                And when the decision came to replace one of them two with the #2 pick , DG chose to replace Gallman.
                Yes, he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                  Wow, just 2 Panthers RBs out rushed & out scored 4 Giants RBs in that same 5 yr period Then you wonder why Eli has had to throw the ball 500x more than Cam the past 5 yrs?
                  So, which came first...the chicken, or the egg? Did Eli throw more 'cuz Gallman sucked. Or, did Gallman not get more carries because Eli threw more?

I'd also take McCaffrey over any Giants RB from the last 5 yrs in a NY minute.
                  I'd take Gallman's 476 yards on 111 carries over McCaffrey's 435 yards on 117 carries. But, that's just me
                  Last edited by Bronxpinstripes; 06-01-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Gallman did a fantastic job for a rookie.
                    Maybe we can trade him for a first rounder next year and draft a QB with the pick.

Comment

Maybe we can trade him for a first rounder next year and draft a QB with the pick.
                      LOL

It amazes me how some of the most outspoken people on this messageboard don't realize Gallman is a RB2 at best.

Comment

Gracias. I've been defending Eli for yrs as I know that the lack of a run game & putrid OL have been the key reasons for the Giants struggles in missing the playoffs 5 of the past 7yrs, but the haters all wanna dogpile on the QB. It's all good cuz I know who they are & will call em out during the season as huge hypocrites when the Giants & especially Eli are doing good & winning games & I see them singing Eli's praises.
                        +1

Comment

You flunked math didn't you.

Only Jennings in 2015 had more TOTAL yds from scrimmage (1159) than McCaffrey did in his rookie yr & no Giant had more TDs in a single yr than McCaffrey's 7!
                          McCaffrey was probably the 6th or 7th best RB in the 2017 draft. Our genius GM, before he was fired by Carolina, picked with the 8th pick in the draft.
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

That is excellent production for a rookie RB, regardless of where he was picked. Ask me after year 5 if he was worth #8 overall.

Anyone who is casting an opinion on his draft value after year one just doesn't get it. It's funny how the same people keep filling up this messageboard with air.

Comment

• no he will be the suckiest RB that ever sucked

Comment

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

That is excellent production for a rookie RB, regardless of where he was picked. Ask me after year 5 if he was worth #8 overall.

Anyone who is casting an opinion on his draft value after year one just doesn't get it. It's funny how the same people keep filling up this messageboard with air.
                                Isn't that exactly what you're doing?

But I agree...Drafting Danny Woodhead Jr. with the 8th pick in the draft was pure genius.
                                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X