Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barkley have a better career than Tiki Barber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

So, which came first...the chicken, or the egg? Did Eli throw more 'cuz Gallman sucked. Or, did Gallman not get more carries because Eli threw more?

I'd take Gallman's 476 yards on 111 carries over McCaffrey's 435 yards on 117 carries. But, that's just me
    You do that, I'll also take McCaffrey's 80 rec for 651yds & 5 TDs over 44 rec 253yds & 0 TDs that Shane Vereen put up for us last yr or Gallman's 34 rec for 193 yds & 1 TD. So McCaffrey had more rec , yds & TDs than Verren/Gallman combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Isn't that exactly what you're doing?

But I agree...Drafting Danny Woodhead Jr. with the 8th pick in the draft was pure genius.
      Your MO is cherry picking a draft where two quality RB's were drafted after round 2.

But of course your are too lazy to look back the last 10 years to see how uncommon that is.

Air.

Comment

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

Your MO is cherry picking a draft where two quality RB's were drafted after round 2.

But of course your are too lazy to look back the last 10 years to see how uncommon that is.

Air.
        Except in 2017.
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Except in 2017.
          More air. postcount++

Comment

More air. postcount++
            So you are saying that Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara were less productive than Christian McCaffrey?

Oh that's right...as usual no football argument...just an obsession with post count.

Time to go watch some more tape son.

Comment

So you are saying that Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara were less productive than Christian McCaffrey?

Oh that's right...as usual no football argument...just an obsession with post count.

Time to go watch some more tape son.
              Time for you to get a clue on the probabilities of finding Kamara or Hunt after round 2. Impossible for you, I know.

Keep cherry picking to attempt to support your weak argument.

Comment

Time for you to get a clue on the probabilities of finding Kamara or Hunt after round 2. Impossible for you, I know.

Keep cherry picking to attempt to support your weak argument.
                Every single one of the first 6 backs taken in the 2017 draft are good players. And every one of the other 5 is better than MCCaffrey...who is a scat back and more of a Shane Vareen type player than a guy who's going to get a lot of carries.

It wasn't a crap shoot. Every back taken in the first three rounds is and will be a solid NFL player. Again...do some homework son before you type. I know it's late and maybe it's past your bedtime...but still.

Comment

Every single one of the first 6 backs taken in the 2017 draft are good players. And every one of the other 5 is better than MCCaffrey...who is a scat back and more of a Shane Vareen type player than a guy who's going to get a lot of carries.

It wasn't a crap shoot. Every back taken in the first three rounds is and will be a solid NFL player. Again...do some homework son before you type. I know it's late and maybe it's past your bedtime...but still.
                  Every time you post "son" I and many other people crack up. It's like you are trying to equate your age and/or post count with NFL knowledge. You are and have been the biggest farce on these boards for years. You aren't fooling anyone except yourself.

Comment

Every time you post "son" I and many other people crack up. It's like you are trying to equate your age and/or post count with NFL knowledge. You are and have been the biggest farce on these boards for years. You aren't fooling anyone except yourself.
                    God you're easy. you and 420 are pretty much tied in that context.

Generally I don't respect weakness, but it IS fun to poke you with a stick.

Comment

God you're easy. you and 420 are pretty much tied in that context.

Generally I don't respect weakness, but it IS fun to poke you with a stick.
                      And you continue to post weak responses. That's all you have. You add no value to these boards. Never have, never will.

Comment

• If he stays healthy... He will! A superbowl, Ottis Anderson like performance.. With the stiff arm, but also leaping linebackers in a single bound! Tiki had Armani toomer and some ike the spike Hilliard to keep defenses honest...AND OF COURSE SHOCKEY Barkley has.... O.B.j!! And a certain TE who isn't no slouch

Comment

• Why donít we wait another year before claiming who the best RB from the 2017 draft is?

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                            Why donít we wait another year before claiming who the best RB from the 2017 draft is?
                            Unfortunately, due to the short career span of RB's in today's NFL, and the nature of the position, RB's must make an immediate impact on a team.
                            There isn't time to develop into the position generally.
                            Usually what you see year one is what you're getting.

Comment

Unfortunately, due to the short career span of RB's in today's NFL, and the nature of the position, RB's must make an immediate impact on a team.
                              There isn't time to develop into the position generally.
                              Usually what you see year one is what you're getting.
                              It's also the easiest position to adjust to, in terms of the skill set. There are far more players at the RB position than any other that experience immediate success. MO, really good running backs tend to be instinctive and the increased level of skill of the NFL doesn't negate those instincts.

Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to ďbeat the market,Ē no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasnít stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post

It's also the easiest position to adjust to, in terms of the skill set. There are far more players at the RB position than any other that experience immediate success. MO, really good running backs tend to be instinctive and the increased level of skill of the NFL doesn't negate those instincts.
                                No doubt. If he's "the man" we're going to know it real quick. Special rbs are usually good day one.

Comment

Working...
                                X