Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barkley have a better career than Tiki Barber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Glaw View Post
    No doubt. If he's "the man" we're going to know it real quick. Special rbs are usually good day one.
    I suspect he's going to be outstanding. I see no reason otherwise. As I've said, due tot he nature of the position, I think he was an unwise pick at #2, but I'm sure he will have a big impact this season.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Glaw View Post
      No doubt. If he's "the man" we're going to know it real quick. Special rbs are usually good day one.
      The only caveat being the performance of our line. Barry is really the only RB I've seen perform well behind a truly bad line. Even then he lead the league in runs for negative yards. It was just that when they gave him competent, not even good, blocking he destroyed the opposing defense.

      We need to improve the line to maximize Saquan's potential.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

      http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

        I suspect he's going to be outstanding. I see no reason otherwise. As I've said, due tot he nature of the position, I think he was an unwise pick at #2, but I'm sure he will have a big impact this season.
        If we are in win now mode then it's the right pick, but why would you get rid of DRC if we are in win-now mode? IDK, seems odd, but Gettleman is the expert and I am the fan, so I will watch as his plan unfolds.

        I thought I remembered the opposing corner(not Peterson) was continuously getting roasted in Arizona last year because of their blitz-heavy scheme.

        I'm in total agreement with your draft philosophy, but we have a QB guru for a head coach. I'm hoping his thoughts weighed heavily in deciding who we drafted. I'm also hoping that he doesn't believe that Keenum level QB talent can take us to SB glory.

        It will be exciting to see what happens. Shurmur, Gettleman, and Saqaun will all get to show if they have what it takes to equal the success of their predecessors in their best years and surpass the underperformance displayed in the old regime's worst years.

        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

        http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post

          The only caveat being the performance of our line. Barry is really the only RB I've seen perform well behind a truly bad line. Even then he lead the league in runs for negative yards. It was just that when they gave him competent, not even good
          , blocking he destroyed the opposing defense.

          We need to improve the line to maximize Saquan's potential.
          Speed and size will make an oline look better and the threat of him getting free should keep defenses honest setting up others.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Glaw View Post

            Speed and size will make an oline look better and the threat of him getting free should keep defenses honest setting up others.
            I agree, but I also watched AB make two to three guys miss just to make it back to the line of scrimmage a lot. IDC what anybody says, if AB had the line that Tiki ran behind he would have been a Pro Bowl contender every year. He's not as good as Tiki, but he did good work behind really bad lines for many years.

            Besides, I don't see how you can stack the box with OBJ, Sterling, and Engram.
            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

            http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

            Comment


            • Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post

              I agree, but I also watched AB make two to three guys miss just to make it back to the line of scrimmage a lot. IDC what anybody says, if AB had the line that Tiki ran behind he would have been a Pro Bowl contender every year. He's not as good as Tiki, but he did good work behind really bad lines for many years.

              Besides, I don't see how you can stack the box with OBJ, Sterling, and Engram.
              If AB could've stayed healthy he could have been an allstar contender.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                Why don’t we wait another year before claiming who the best RB from the 2017 draft is?
                Why? You've already made it clear who the best running back of the 2018 draft is.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                  Why? You've already made it clear who the best running back of the 2018 draft is.
                  Where? I made it clear he has the potential to be the best.

                  What RB should have gone before Barkley?
                  Last edited by EliDaMANning; 06-04-2018, 06:11 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

                    You flunked math didn't you.

                    McCaffrey had 1086 TOTAL yds from scrimmage with 7 TDs

                    Only Jennings in 2015 had more TOTAL yds from scrimmage (1159) than McCaffrey did in his rookie yr & no Giant had more TDs in a single yr than McCaffrey's 7!
                    Claiming that I flunked math when you use the term TON when describing the difference between the backs yards and TD totals...

                    Looks as though you have no idea what a TON really is except that it sounds good when you need to fit it in to explain for your weak *** opinion...

                    Like I said before your posts are comical... I'm going to miss them when this place shuts down!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                      I suspect he's going to be outstanding. I see no reason otherwise. As I've said, due tot he nature of the position, I think he was an unwise pick at #2, but I'm sure he will have a big impact this season.
                      And if he has a big impact then it was a great pick. This could wind up being our hof rb. Wouldn't that career be fun to watch a long with our hof talent receiver.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Glaw View Post

                        And if he has a big impact then it was a great pick. This could wind up being our hof rb. Wouldn't that career be fun to watch a long with our hof talent receiver.
                        Really? You think one season justifies the 2nd pick in the draft?

                        You and I have a different view of the value of a pick that high.
                        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                          Really? You think one season justifies the 2nd pick in the draft?

                          You and I have a different view of the value of a pick that high.
                          Barkley is only playing one season?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                            Where? I made it clear he has the potential to be the best.

                            What RB should have gone before Barkley?
                            Too early to tell.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Glaw View Post
                              Barkley is only playing one season?
                              I said he will be effective next season...you're reply was that that would have made it a good pick. I just can't say enough how foolish I think this pick is. RB's careers are too short and their success is too much determined on the O line and scheme. Plus the position is less impactful than many others.

                              I get that folks disagree and I don't have a problem with that but the recent history of this league suggests I'm right.
                              As I said, I think he's a fine prospect and should help us....but the other options in the draft for a much more significant and much longer term impact were available to us with that pick.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Glaw View Post
                                Barkley is only playing one season?
                                this clown said he's sure Barkley will have an impact this season and assumed you were replying to just that particular comment when you said it will be a great pick. But he conveniently ignored your HOF RB comment which obviously implies multiple seasons. It's better to not engage with old trolls like this guy or else he'll loop you into his warped dried out life.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X