Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barkley have a better career than Tiki Barber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Glaw View Post

Wasn't Russell a Webb type pick and they brought in and paid Matt Flynn to be the starter?
    Seems to me you already know the answer to that question.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

the Giants with their once in a decade rb prospect.
      This type of hype is juvenile drivel since Zeke was also one of these and that was two years ago..

Why do people have to exaggerate to try and enhance their opinion???

Barkley better be awesome or DG will be out of a job in three years..

Comment

• Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

This type of hype is juvenile drivel since Zeke was also one of these and that was two years ago..

Why do people have to exaggerate to try and enhance their opinion???

Barkley better be awesome or DG will be out of a job in three years..
        Like it or not Barkley is the biggest rb prospect in decades, that's why he went #2 and could've gone 1st. When's the last rb to go that high, in the 80's? It doesn't mean he'll be awesome, but I sure hope it does. Plus the guy seems like a great person.

Comment

Like it or not Barkley is the biggest rb prospect in decades, that's why he went #2 and could've gone 1st. When's the last rb to go that high, in the 80's? It doesn't mean he'll be awesome, but I sure hope it does. Plus the guy seems like a great person.
          The problem is that's it's not the most important position to have this type of talent especially when he's paid so much..

He does seem like a great person and fatherhood does change your perspective in a good way sometimes..

Comment

• Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

The problem is that's it's not the most important position to have this type of talent especially when he's paid so much..

He does seem like a great person and fatherhood does change your perspective in a good way sometimes..
            Hunt was 32nd on the top 100 players from a rookie season, Zeke and Bell will be higher. Don't kid yourself on what a game changer a killer rb is.

Comment

Like it or not Barkley is the biggest rb prospect in decades, that's why he went #2 and could've gone 1st. When's the last rb to go that high, in the 80's?
              Nope. 2006. The great Reggie Bush. The year before that, Ronnie Brown went #2. Following is a link in case you don't remember who Ronnie Brown was (he's #9 on the list):

https://www.thesportster.com/footbal...s-of-all-time/

In 1995 - you'll recognize this name - Ki-Jana Carter (#6 on the list linked to above) was drafted #1 overall by the Cincinnati Bengals. But he wasn't the first Penn State RB to be drafted among the first two picks of the draft...that honor goes to Blair Thomas (#8 on said list) in 1990. I would have mentioned fellow Penn State alum Curtis Enis (#4 on that very same list), but he was only a #5 overall in 1998 and I know you specified #2 or higher.

It doesn't mean he'll be awesome, but I sure hope it does. Plus the guy seems like a great person.
              Mother Teresa was a great person. I didn't want the Giants to draft her #2 back in the day.

Comment

Hunt was 32nd on the top 100 players from a rookie season, Zeke and Bell will be higher. Don't kid yourself on what a game changer a killer rb is.
                Hunt and Bell weren't drafted too high that they can be a "bargain" on their rookie contract..

Zeke was drafted too high and they really should've taken Ramesy...

Every team needs to have players out playing their contracts in order to succeed and both the Cowboys and Giants wasted a great resource with rookie contracts by drafting RBs too high...

Like I've said before if Barkley actually does live up the hype and helps win a super bowl then I'll gladly celebrate being so wrong...
                Last edited by Liquid Tension; 06-08-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

"The biggest RB prospect in decades?"

Stop it.

Comment

Precisely.
                    Hunt and Kamara were taken in the third round. Bell in the second.
                    That's where you are supposed to take RB's....later in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Precisely.
                      Hunt and Kamara were taken in the third round. Bell in the second.
                      That's where you are supposed to take RB's....later in the draft.
                      And Wilson was drafted in the 3rd and Brady the 6th, you never know. If Webb winds up being the future QB he'll be happy having Barkley to hand off to.

Comment

And Wilson was drafted in the 3rd and Brady the 6th, you never know. If Webb winds up being the future QB he'll be happy having Barkley to hand off to.
                        Let me try to understand your point....You are using Hunt and Kamara as an example of later round picks to do what? To disqualify my friend Bronxpinstripes' position about later round QB"s?
                        Or are you making the case for the Barkley pick since many RB's are in the top 100? Which of course makes the case AGAINST the picking of Barkley because most top RB's in the NFL are from later rounds.

My head is spinning. Please clarify.

Love,

Old and Confused

Comment

Let me try to understand your point....You are using Hunt and Kamara as an example of later round picks to do what? To disqualify my friend Bronxpinstripes' position about later round QB"s?
                          Or are you making the case for the Barkley pick since many RB's are in the top 100? Which of course makes the case AGAINST the picking of Barkley because most top RB's in the NFL are from later rounds.

My head is spinning. Please clarify.

Love,

Old and Confused
                          follow along. You said we should have taken a QB in the 1st and used Wilson as an example even though he was picked in the 3rd like Webb. Bronx said rbs aren't important and I posted last year's rookie Hunt was listed as a top 40 player after one year and Barkley is a way bigger prospect than Hunt. Drafting is not an exact science, our rb can fail and those QBs can fail. Hopefully we got the best end of the deal. Like it or not we got Barkley so I'm excited that a weakness has hopefully turned into a strength.

Comment

follow along. You said we should have taken a QB in the 1st and used Wilson as an example even though he was picked in the 3rd like Webb. Bronx said rbs aren't important and I posted last year's rookie Hunt was listed as a top 40 player after one year and Barkley is a way bigger prospect than Hunt. Drafting is not an exact science, our rb can fail and those QBs can fail. Hopefully we got the best end of the deal. Like it or not we got Barkley so I'm excited that a weakness has hopefully turned into a strength.
                            I said we should have taken a QB in the first because it seemed they had no interest in Webb. I also said that if they passed on a QB they MUST believe in Webb.

I also said that great RB's are usually found in later rounds. Great QB's are usually found in RD 1. There are many exceptions of course. Wilson and Cousins being two...and obviously "you know who".

But as a numbers game....Most of the best RB's in today's game are guys picked after RD 1.

Comment

But as a numbers game....Most of the best RB's in today's game are guys picked after RD 1.
                              And that just shows the prospect that Barkley is. If he lives up to the pick( he's 233 and runs a 4.4 with hands like a reciever ) then we just got our greatest rb in Giants' history and I can live with that.

Comment

And that just shows the prospect that Barkley is. If he lives up to the pick( he's 233 and runs a 4.4 with hands like a reciever ) then we just got our greatest rb in Giants' history and I can live with that.
                                You do realize you are banging your head against the wall talking to a guy who has no player evaluations skills and just argues his stupid point that you can always find a Hunt or Kamara after round 1, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X