Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barkley have a better career than Tiki Barber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me rephrase the question presented on this thread and I am not a fan of Tiki's.

Will a guy (Tiki) who had a near HOF career with us be eclipsed by a guy who has had little more than a physical with the Giants?

Seriously?

SMHWTB
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Depends. If he is a Lebron type athlete who stays in his prime til 33 and avoids injuries, the sure.

Here's hoping the kid never misses a game, but that is highly unlikely.

He has a body like maybe 3 or 5 other dudes have ever had in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
        Just takes 1 Super Bowl win to put Barkley above Tiki

When I start a super market league I will draft you #2. Everyone tells me to go with a stud cashier in the first round but none of them graded out as high as you. I can build a team around a shopping cart collector despite what the "experts" think.
        Thanks, bro! There may not be anybody inside to check the customers out or collect their money, but...man, that parking lot will be clear of empty carts!

Comment

as a big tikibear fan. i hope he does. the giants not getting a QB in the first rd is not his fault, wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by Moecoastie77 View Post

How many seasons did tiki play?
            And how many fumbles did he have?

Give it a rest... you didn't want the pick... let's see what happens. I personally think he will surpass those marks IF he stays healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
              15,632 total yards & 67 TDs. Does Barkley surpass these totals?
              but yet he will be washed up by 28...

whats your point?
              "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by Moecoastie77 View Post

How many seasons did tiki play?
                Ten... which surprised me. I would have said around 8.
                The 15K yards are rushing and receiving.... 10,449 rushing... averaging 1,000 yards rushing per year.
                IMO the best RB we have ever had.

Comment

Who else here is gonna cringe every time he gets hit? lol
                  I love that we got him, but im so paranoid, im gonna be like ahhhh ehhh dont tackle my dude tooo hard you guys!!
                  itll be like takin the ferrari onto a motorcross track every time he plays :P

Comment

This dude is flat out wishing for an injury. He can't stand the thought of another NFC East team having a better RB than the Cowturds.
                    Last edited by EliDaMANning; 05-09-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      Of course he will. HE is the "Peyton Manning of RBs"!

All joking aside, I hope he does. HE is a great kid and a great athlete. We all want him to be a baller for a decade at least.
                      actually looks like a bigger stronger faster Tiki same skill set,now it's up to him to realize his potential and stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Ten... which surprised me. I would have said around 8.
                        The 15K yards are rushing and receiving.... 10,449 rushing... averaging 1,000 yards rushing per year.
                        IMO the best RB we have ever had.
                        he was on par with Marshall Faulk the second half of his career,dude really took off started lifting lifting more working out more.

Comment

My personal favorite NY Giant RB was Frank Gifford but Tiki was the most exciting RB I ever had the pleasure to watch in a Giant uniform. Though it was only after Coughlin got hold of him his greatness came to the surface. Those other years before TC were nothing great.

Barkley can be great right from jump street. 15,000 total yds is not out of a reasonable assumption for this particular player. Though this type of hype usually leads to people not enjoying what he is giving you at the time he is actually accomplishing whatever numbers he is accomplishing.

He should pass the TD numbers imo, 15,000 yds is an awful lot of yds but it is realistically possible.

Comment

Can the guy step on the field first? There are some on this board crowning him as the second coming already. I hope he can become a legit NFL back, but there's the possibility of him being Reggie Bush part 2. We're just going to have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
                              15,632 total yards & 67 TDs. Does Barkley surpass these totals?

Tiki: 0 Super Bowls

If Saquon wins 1 Super Bowl with the Giants, he has surpassed him.

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post

Tiki: 0 Super Bowls

If Saquon wins 1 Super Bowl with the Giants, he has surpassed him.
                                Tiki retired before the 2007 season. I have no doubt that if he remained, he would have been part of the celebration. I know many don't like him personally, but he was still the greatest Giants RB of all time. He was the complete back that gave his all every game.

Comment

Working...
                                X