Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barkley have a better career than Tiki Barber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Glaw View Post
    You're going to crap on this site until it closes, that's what you're known for. Probably helped in closing this site. It was meant for Giants fans.
    So in your little world, claiming that QB's are far more valuable in the NFL than RB's is akin to "crapping" on the MB?

    Of course it is.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TEM View Post
      Your first argument proven to be wrong.



      Here is a familiar one that lasted 10 years just on in the stat list.

      https://www.pro-footballreference.co...B/BarbTi00.htm


      The second point you tried to pass off as a fact that is not.



      The entire stat list proves you wrong.


      Then you point did a complete change of direction.



      As if you think the 2 positions are comparable. Will you next compare a 20 year punter to be more effective the a 14 year Great QB? It is the exact same premise for a point your are trying nest in a nicely formed package. When the package is unwrapped it is empty.

      By your standard "should last 14 years". Punters and Kickers should be drafted in the top 10 picks. ROTF with your logic.



      The I have nothing else post



      Once again change the original parameter to suit your narrative.
      Your final death pitch . Compare 5 of the all-time greats to make a point .

      Your original point is can't last 10 years proven to be wrong.

      Then you got bold with the "maybe 5 years at most" . Proven to be laughable.

      Your point went from 5 years to 14 years. It is hilarious.



      Still have not produced one shred of evidence to prove your point.
      Very entertaining watching you try to use misdirection to get yourself out of it.

      Instead of long winded responses...Let's be a tad more concise.

      YOU said...."Great RBs just as great Qbs all had longevity . The notion that a great back can not survive is a myth."

      I PROVED that great RB's length off effectiveness is FAR less than great QB's.

      I asked you to cite a list of RB's who have been effective as long as my list of today's great QB's. Your response was to suggest that I am moving the goalposts.

      Well here's your chance. Stick it to Good Ol' Morehead with facts. Please provide the list of RB's that have played at a high level as long as Brees, Brady, Ben, Rivers, Peyton etc.......

      I'm sure your list is very long since you are so adamant that you're right.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
        Id much rather have an effective Barkley for 10 years than Inaccurate Allen who will probably flame out in a couple of years for the Bills.
        Both of these are guesses so until these players actually perform making statements like these are non-sense...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

          So in your little world, claiming that QB's are far more valuable in the NFL than RB's is akin to "crapping" on the MB?

          Of course it is.
          You're right and the opposition is stupid, that's why Eli's our QB and we drafted Barkley, live with it. Maybe even enjoy it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Glaw View Post
            You're right and the opposition is stupid, that's why Eli's our QB and we drafted Barkley, live with it. Maybe even enjoy it.
            I will enjoy things if they win another championship...

            If the bad scenario occurs and they haven't done enough then not so much...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Glaw View Post
              You're right and the opposition is stupid, that's why Eli's our QB and we drafted Barkley, live with it. Maybe even enjoy it.
              Were you willing to live with JR drafting Eli Apple...or Ereck Flowers? Were you willing to live with Ben McAdoo as our HC?..or JR as our GM?

              It seems we are supposed to "live with" only the decisions you agree with.

              My POV is essentially an empirical fact.
              Great RB's have far shorter careers of effectiveness than do great QB's.

              And QB's are far more impactful on the team than any other position in any sport.

              My friend TEM is dancing around with lists of RB's over the last 30 years that have had "long" careers. But the FACT is that all of them had far shorter careers than a long list of today's best QB's.
              Last edited by Morehead State; 06-11-2018, 11:16 AM.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TEM View Post

                It just proves you never looked at the list. The only thing you are proving is you are narrowminded and fail to even look at facts. Your "It doesn't matter" line proves that. That line is only in your head and the rest of the we should have drafted a QB consortium. To everyone else that is an NFL fan . Those stat sheets prove Great RB are just a valid in their longevity as great QB are. Sorry for the truth . But it is.
                Most on those stat sheets have 10+ I did not use backs before year 2000. Everyone that looks at the those stats sheets knows you are wrong. Great backs just as great QBs do not have short careers. Name one great back that had a short career? In your so called cheery picked "new era"

                PS: You still have not shown any hard evidence to support you conjecture. You can not say the same about My stance.

                Although keep touting you opinion a facts . It is entertaining.
                Hahahahaha. The first two sentences are so true.

                I have no idea why you continue to debate with this guy. He will degrade whatever board he is on.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Glaw View Post
                  You're right and the opposition is stupid, that's why Eli's our QB and we drafted Barkley, live with it. Maybe even enjoy it.
                  LOL

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    Instead of long winded responses...Let's be a tad more concise.

                    YOU said...."Great RBs just as great Qbs all had longevity . The notion that a great back can not survive is a myth."

                    I PROVED that great RB's length off effectiveness is FAR less than great QB's.

                    I asked you to cite a list of RB's who have been effective as long as my list of today's great QB's. Your response was to suggest that I am moving the goalposts.

                    Well here's your chance. Stick it to Good Ol' Morehead with facts. Please provide the list of RB's that have played at a high level as long as Brees, Brady, Ben, Rivers, Peyton etc.......

                    I'm sure your list is very long since you are so adamant that you're right.
                    You just changing your point of contention , When your were proved to wrong. You have nothing and have given zero evidence to support your failed logic. If you had something you would have used it.

                    When logic is flawed it easy to poke holes in it. The logic you are trying to tout for this so flawed I can poke holes in it without much thought.

                    Name a DE that has played as long a the QBs you mentioned

                    Name TE that has played as long as the QBs you mentioned

                    Name a Corner that has played as long as the QBs you mentioned

                    Name a LB that has played as long as the QB you mentioned

                    Name a Safety that has played as long as the Qbs you mentioned

                    Name an O linemen that has played as long as the Qbs you mentioned.

                    Name a D linemen that has played as long as the Qbs you mentioned





                    Name a Wide receiver that has played as long as the Qbs you mentioned


                    With your logic only QBs should be taken with the first 15 picks because they last longer that anyone else . Your logic is beyond laughable.

                    Keep coming it . Like I said it is very entertaining.
                    Last edited by TEM; 06-11-2018, 06:56 PM.
                    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

                      Hahahahaha. The first two sentences are so true.

                      I have no idea why you continue to debate with this guy. He will degrade whatever board he is on.
                      Because I can prove my point with facts. Facts are hard to dispute . This is not opinion it is the truth. He is using a flawed argument on why a RB should not have been taken. The argument he is making QBs last longer is so beyond ridicules because you could make that argument about any other position on the field and draw the same conclusion.

                      You should not draft a DE with the 1st overall pick because a QB will last longer. Just a ludicrous way to make a point.

                      Insert RB, O-linemen D-linemen Corner, Wide out, or another position. It is the same argument.. All have been taken in the first 5 picks in his so called modern era. Just that QBs are not always taken with in the top 5 picks is proof in itself that his thought process is misguided.
                      Last edited by TEM; 06-11-2018, 06:56 PM.
                      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                      Comment


                      • Igivemoreheadstate is delusional. He actually thinks he knows more than the FO, Jerry Reese was the best GM in the league, Tom Coughlin was the worst coach in the league, Eli Manning is just a terrible QB and should have NEVER BEEN DRAFTED to any NFL TEAM, MLB are not a necessity, TE's are a novelty, RB's are not needed in this ERA of the NFL and don't help any aspect of the team and are basically a waste to draft. Passing every down is the only was to win football games. I could go on and on it wont matter his delusion has turned into hard headedness and everything that comes out of his mouth is the only thing that is correct.

                        He is now on a power trip because he begged Rosie to make him a moderator on the other bard. That way anyone who disagrees with him and proves him wrong will be banned. He will not stand for being shown a fool, so in order to prove he is correct he will just BAN every person that disagrees with him. In less than years he will be talking to himself because everyone else will be banned by him, oh wait the only one left standing besides him will be bronxpinhead because they both agree with each other.

                        BARKLEY was and will forever be the right pick at 2. No QB in this years draft was worth a 1st round pick IMO and will be nothing better than backups in seasons. But the GIANTS will Certainly pick a QB with the #2 pick there is no other pick that makes sense they MUST PICK a QB They Will Pick a QB if they don't pick a QB with the #2 Pick they will be in football hell for the next 5 years OMG REALLY LMFAO

                        Eli will get an extension after this season and will be the QB again in 2019 and maybe even 2020. Chew on that one for a while Igivemoreheadstate. while you contemplate that maybe you should seek some psychiatric help so you don't comit suicide because Manning will still be the QB and you will be proven WRONG again

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TEM View Post

                          Because I can prove my point with facts. Facts are hard to dispute . This is not opinion it is the truth. He is using a flawed argument on why a RB should not have been taken. The argument he is making QBs last longer is so beyond ridicules because you could make that argument about any other position on the field and draw the same conclusion.

                          You should not draft a DE with the 1st overall pick because a QB will last longer. Just a ludicrous way to make a point.

                          Insert RB, O-linemen D-linemen Corner, Wide out, or another position. It is the same argument.. All have been taken in the first 5 picks in his so called modern era. Just that QBs are not always taken with in the top 5 picks is proof in itself that his thought process is misguided.
                          I completely agree with you. You are putting fact after fact in his face, and either he refuses to admit he is wrong, or he just doesn't get it. He has always been like this and always will be. I can't stand the guy.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

                            I completely agree with you. You are putting fact after fact in his face, and either he refuses to admit he is wrong, or he just doesn't get it. He has always been like this and always will be. I can't stand the guy.
                            Love it Moose, I basically said the same thing you did just above your post. I wasn't as "Politically Correct" when I said it. Great post

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

                              I completely agree with you. You are putting fact after fact in his face, and either he refuses to admit he is wrong, or he just doesn't get it. He has always been like this and always will be. I can't stand the guy.
                              Morehead is ok . As far as a individual he is top notch Just as I believe you are also. There are some dirt bags on the site . I will not mention who they are. It is just differences on view points. I try not to get into shouting insults as a way to interject my points I can do it with my swagger.
                              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TEM View Post

                                You just changing your point of contention , When your were proved to wrong. You have nothing and have given zero evidence to support your failed logic. If you had something you would have used it.

                                When logic is flawed it easy to poke holes in it. The logic you are trying to tout for this so flawed I can poke holes in it without much thought.

                                Name a DE that has played as long a the QBs you mentioned

                                Name TE that has played as long as the QBs you mentioned

                                Name a Corner that has played as long as the QBs you mentioned

                                Name a LB that has played as long as the QB you mentioned

                                Name a Safety that has played as long as the Qbs you mentioned

                                Name an O linemen that has played as long as the Qbs you mentioned.

                                Name a D linemen that has played as long as the Qbs you mentioned






                                Name a Wide receiver that has played as long as the Qbs you mentioned


                                With your logic only QBs should be taken with the first 15 picks because they last longer that anyone else . Your logic is beyond laughable.

                                Keep coming it . Like I said it is very entertaining.
                                I can certainly name DE's, LT's TE's and LB's who have played, and effectively for a heck of a lot than the RB's you listed.

                                Strahan, Bruce Smith, Demarcus Ware, Jason Taylor, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Shannon Sharper, Brian Urlacker, Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, James Harrison,.

                                YOU said that RB lack of longevity is a myth. Your statement was wrong. Most very good or great RB's don't get more than 5 years of effectiveness.
                                Most great D linemen get 10+ years. Most great O linemen get 10 or 12+ years. Most great TE's get 10+ years. Most great QB's get 15+ years.
                                And ALL of those positions are more important on the field than RB. You could argue TE I guess but they still last longer.

                                CB's are a bit different. They require tremendous athletic ability and that's hard to keep after 30. But there ARE many outstanding CB's who are or have been still effective after age 30. Like Talib, Champ Baily, Darrel Revis and Dion Sanders. Then many of them go to safety where they can still be effective.

                                Even Adrian Peterson fell off the planet before his 10th season.
                                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X