Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barkley have a better career than Tiki Barber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post
    Igivemoreheadstate is delusional. He actually thinks he knows more than the FO, Jerry Reese was the best GM in the league, Tom Coughlin was the worst coach in the league, Eli Manning is just a terrible QB and should have NEVER BEEN DRAFTED to any NFL TEAM, MLB are not a necessity, TE's are a novelty, RB's are not needed in this ERA of the NFL and don't help any aspect of the team and are basically a waste to draft. Passing every down is the only was to win football games. I could go on and on it wont matter his delusion has turned into hard headedness and everything that comes out of his mouth is the only thing that is correct.

He is now on a power trip because he begged Rosie to make him a moderator on the other bard. That way anyone who disagrees with him and proves him wrong will be banned. He will not stand for being shown a fool, so in order to prove he is correct he will just BAN every person that disagrees with him. In less than years he will be talking to himself because everyone else will be banned by him, oh wait the only one left standing besides him will be bronxpinhead because they both agree with each other.

BARKLEY was and will forever be the right pick at 2. No QB in this years draft was worth a 1st round pick IMO and will be nothing better than backups in seasons. But the GIANTS will Certainly pick a QB with the #2 pick there is no other pick that makes sense they MUST PICK a QB They Will Pick a QB if they don't pick a QB with the #2 Pick they will be in football hell for the next 5 years OMG REALLY LMFAO

Eli will get an extension after this season and will be the QB again in 2019 and maybe even 2020. Chew on that one for a while Igivemoreheadstate. while you contemplate that maybe you should seek some psychiatric help so you don't comit suicide because Manning will still be the QB and you will be proven WRONG again
    Feel better? That was a tad out there...but I dug it.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I can certainly name DE's, LT's TE's and LB's who have played, and effectively for a heck of a lot than the RB's you listed.

Strahan, Bruce Smith, Demarcus Ware, Jason Taylor, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Shannon Sharper, Brian Urlacker, Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, James Harrison,.

YOU said that RB lack of longevity is a myth. Your statement was wrong. Most very good or great RB's don't get more than 5 years of effectiveness.
      Most great D linemen get 10+ years. Most great O linemen get 10 or 12+ years. Most great TE's get 10+ years. Most great QB's get 15+ years.
      And ALL of those positions are more important on the field than RB. You could argue TE I guess but they still last longer.

CB's are a bit different. They require tremendous athletic ability and that's hard to keep after 30. But there ARE many outstanding CB's who are or have been still effective after age 30. Like Talib, Champ Baily, Darrel Revis and Dion Sanders. Then many of them go to safety where they can still be effective.

Even Adrian Peterson fell off the planet before his 10th season.

"Most very good or great RB's don't get more than 5 years of effectiveness."

Really, just 5 yrs at most? Then kindly explain to me how all the top 10 -15 RBs in NFL history managed to put up over 11,000-18,000yds rushing if the most they were effective for was 5yrs?

So our very own Tiki was only effective for 5 of his 10yrs on the team? Seems to me that his 3 most effective yrs in the NFL were his 8th, 9th & 10th yrs when he put up monster rushing/receiving stats & put up 2000 total scrimmage yds in each of his last 3 yrs. And at the ages of 29-30-31, yrs where in your opinion, all RBs should be retired by or at least long washed up by.

How ever did Tiki rush for 10449yds in only 5 "effective yrs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

"Most very good or great RB's don't get more than 5 years of effectiveness."

Really, just 5 yrs at most? Then kindly explain to me how all the top 10 -15 RBs in NFL history managed to put up over 11,000-18,000yds rushing if the most they were effective for was 5yrs?

So our very own Tiki was only effective for 5 of his 10yrs on the team? Seems to me that his 3 most effective yrs in the NFL were his 8th, 9th & 10th yrs when he put up monster rushing/receiving stats & put up 2000 total scrimmage yds in each of his last 3 yrs. And at the ages of 29-30-31, yrs where in your opinion, all RBs should be retired by or at least long washed up by.

How ever did Tiki rush for 10449yds in only 5 "effective yrs?
        I'm talking about in today's game. As I said several posts ago, the era of Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton playing that long is gone.
        Tiki was a physical freak. No one worked as hard as he did to be able to play like he did at the end of his career. But I think the lack of hits he took early in his career helped him later. He did play 10 years but he was only really effective for 6.

His career was really backwards from the norm. He best years were at the end of his tenure, not the beginning. he is an exception. That's why I think he's a HOF'r.

I just randomly clicked on 2010. that's a good year since it's still recent, but far enough gone to see where they ended up.
        The names at the top of the rushing list..

Michael Turner
        Steven Jackson
        Arian Foster
        Rashard Mendenhall
        Chris Johnson
        Ced Bensen
        MJD
        Adrian Peterson

Any of those guys have 10 years of effectiveness? Most had less than 5. It's just the nature of today's NFL.

Comment

Feel better? That was a tad out there...but I dug it.
          You don't have a problem with the way he changed your name?

Comment

• Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

Claiming that I flunked math when you use the term TON when describing the difference between the backs yards and TD totals...

Looks as though you have no idea what a TON really is except that it sounds good when you need to fit it in to explain for your weak *** opinion...

Like I said before your posts are comical... I'm going to miss them when this place shuts down!!
            TON: (usually a ton of/tons of informal) A large number or amount.
            Ďall of a sudden I had tons of friendsí

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/ton

This is too easy, don't know if I should feel offended by your stupidity or sad for constantly picking on the mentally challenged (you). You must have gotten into the gene pool when the lifeguard wasn't looking. SMH.
            Last edited by DarkSaint; 06-12-2018, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

You don't have a problem with the way he changed your name?
              I have to admit...i really didn't read past the first few lines. It just looked like typical 420 rambling to me.

Comment

I have to admit...i really didn't read past the first few lines. It just looked like typical 420 rambling to me.
                It's the very first word though.

Comment

• To all my friends here who are making the argument about the importance of the RB position I would make this final point. And it's one no one can argue with.

Let's look at what the market is saying. Let's look at what 32 NFL teams think about the RB position.

RB is one of the lowest paid positions in the NFL. QB, LB, DT, DE, CB, WR, LT ...all higher in pay that the RB position.

The highest paid RB right now is Jerrick McKinnon (how funny is that) and he is the 103rd highest paid player in the league. The marketplace is the final arbiter my friends. Arguing with that is an exercise in folly.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/

Comment

To all my friends here who are making the argument about the importance of the RB position I would make this final point. And it's one no one can argue with.

Let's look at what the market is saying. Let's look at what 32 NFL teams think about the RB position.

RB is one of the lowest paid positions in the NFL. QB, LB, DT, DE, CB, WR, LT ...all higher in pay that the RB position.

The highest paid RB right now is Jerrick McKinnon (how funny is that) and he is the 103rd highest paid player in the league. The marketplace is the final arbiter my friends. Arguing with that is an exercise in folly.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/
                    That's a valid argument, can't believe you waited this long to bring this up. Barkley will end up being the highest paid RB, but if he helps us win a championship like Davis did, i wouldn't mind if he was the highest paid player.

Comment

That's a valid argument, can't believe you waited this long to bring this up. Barkley will end up being the highest paid RB, but if he helps us win a championship like Davis did, i wouldn't mind if he was the highest paid player.
                      Well I hope you're right Mr. Saint. And he's a fine prospect. Just disagree with the pick because of position and the value of that position with the 2nd pick.
                      Reasonable folks can disagree of course.
                      But NFL GM's suggest I'm right. If I'm wrong, free agent RB's would be getting all kinds of money. My God, Demarco Murray still doesn't have a job.

Comment

I can certainly name DE's, LT's TE's and LB's who have played, and effectively for a heck of a lot than the RB's you listed.

Strahan, Bruce Smith, Demarcus Ware, Jason Taylor, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Shannon Sharper, Brian Urlacker, Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, James Harrison,.

YOU said that RB lack of longevity is a myth. Your statement was wrong. Most very good or great RB's don't get more than 5 years of effectiveness.
                        Most great D linemen get 10+ years. Most great O linemen get 10 or 12+ years. Most great TE's get 10+ years. Most great QB's get 15+ years.
                        And ALL of those positions are more important on the field than RB. You could argue TE I guess but they still last longer.

CB's are a bit different. They require tremendous athletic ability and that's hard to keep after 30. But there ARE many outstanding CB's who are or have been still effective after age 30. Like Talib, Champ Baily, Darrel Revis and Dion Sanders. Then many of them go to safety where they can still be effective.

Even Adrian Peterson fell off the planet before his 10th season.
                        Yes RB can be effective for 10 years the list shows it.

Tiki Barber 1600 + yards year 10
                        Warrick Dun 1100+ yards year 10
                        LaDainian Tomlinson 900+ yards year 10
                        Curtis Martin 1600 + yards year 10
                        Jerome Bettis 900+ yards year 12
                        Fred Taylor 1200 yards year 10
                        Marshawn Lynch 1300 yards year 10

You are using your own words against yourself.
                        "CB's are a bit different. They require tremendous athletic ability and that's hard to keep after 30"
                        Running backs do not need to be athletic? All the above mentioned RB were over 30 and put up those numbers. Sorry you are still making a weak point. Like I said your flawed logic is easy to poke holes in without much thought.

"Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

It's the very first word though.
                          I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

Yes RB can be effective for 10 years the list shows it.

Tiki Barber 1600 + yards year 10
                            Warrick Dun 1100+ yards year 10
                            LaDainian Tomlinson 900+ yards year 10
                            Curtis Martin 1600 + yards year 10
                            Jerome Bettis 900+ yards year 12
                            Fred Taylor 1200 yards year 10
                            Marshawn Lynch 1300 yards year 10

You are using your own words against yourself.
                            "CB's are a bit different. They require tremendous athletic ability and that's hard to keep after 30"
                            Running backs do not need to be athletic? All the above mentioned RB were over 30 and put up those numbers. Sorry you are still making a weak point. Like I said your flawed logic is easy to poke holes in without much thought.

Yes sir. On rare occasions, they "can" play 10 years. It's rare as I said. As a rule, RB's have comparitively short careers. QB's, OL, LB. DL, WR...even CB have longer careers...and generally by a lot.
                            And even if a RB can stretch their careers, they generally are reduced to role players for the last few years, making them expendable.

As I said...that's why they are so poorly paid in the league.
                            Last edited by Morehead State; 06-12-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I don't get it.
                              He combined multiple words.. ah forget it. probably best for everyone involved.

Comment

He combined multiple words.. ah forget it. probably best for everyone involved.
                                In order to properly deal with 420, I have to sort of gloss over the actual posts. Usually..one paragraph = making a football point. 2 paragraphs = I hate Morehead and here's why. 3 paragraphs = I hate Morehead, here's why AND the world is against me.

It's a sound system that I've crafted over the years. Any way we get it though...It's awesome stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X