Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barkley have a better career than Tiki Barber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post

Tiki: 0 Super Bowls

If Saquon wins 1 Super Bowl with the Giants, he has surpassed him.
    With Tiki we would have won not just in 2007 but probably in 2008 at well.

Good for Tiki getting out before he destroyed his body.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post

Tiki retired before the 2007 season. I have no doubt that if he remained, he would have been part of the celebration. I know many don't like him personally, but he was still the greatest Giants RB of all time. He was the complete back that gave his all every game.

Just not true whatsoever. Giants had the #1 rushing offense in 2007 without Tiki. How can you be better than #1? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Giants had the #1 rushing offense in 2007 and 2008 without Tiki.

Comment

Tiki: 0 Super Bowls

If Saquon wins 1 Super Bowl with the Giants, he has surpassed him.
          Ridiculous

Comment

Just not true whatsoever. Giants had the #1 rushing offense in 2007 without Tiki. How can you be better than #1? LOL
            I remember being on this site when Tiki retired and I said I thought it would be good for our team because we relied way too much on him. When teams stopped him they stopped us. He retired and we won it all. There is no telling what would have happened if Tiki was still on the team.

Tiki Barber - Don Mattingly - Patrick Ewing - Henrik Lundquivst
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

First question is WHY do you hate Barkley so much? We all know you hate Eli but your hating on a guy who hasn't even saw a field for crying out loud.

YES he can eclipse those all purpose yards if he stays healthy, is given the ball, and has support from his team and QB. He can actually win a SB with this team and with Eli at the helm. I truly believe he was one of the missing pieces to another SB win for Eli and Company.

Yards aside, it is his presence that is gong to impact the offense the most not his yardage. He will open up the Passing game, make the O-line look like it is made of pro bowlers, and give Eli the much needed time to complete passes. Something Eli hasn't had for a very long time. But guys like you will not see that aspect of his being a NY Giant, because you will never admit it was his presence on the field that did that for the rest of the team

Comment

Who said that? What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Ridiculous
                  Yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
                    15,632 total yards & 67 TDs. Does Barkley surpass these totals?
                    Well, since they are paying to dollar for a back and drafted players are supposed to offer you a cost controlled talent boost, he better start out as the best RB in the NFL and get better from there or the Giants are not getting ROI. So if he only matches Barber's production, I'd say he was disappointing pick. By drafting them where they did, they need to be banking on a Barry Sanders type career.

From a salary cap perspective, it is a fairly stupid draft pick. As a fan, I couldn't GAF, I'm just really excited to watch him play for my Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

why was his body an issue?? If I recall he quit because TC took the fun out of the game for him.

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Will he have a better OL than Tiki? If so, then yeah...If not, no way.
                        Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

Well, since they are paying to dollar for a back and drafted players are supposed to offer you a cost controlled talent boost, he better start out as the best RB in the NFL and get better from there or the Giants are not getting ROI. So if he only matches Barber's production, I'd say he was disappointing pick. By drafting them where they did, they need to be banking on a Barry Sanders type career.

From a salary cap perspective, it is a fairly stupid draft pick. As a fan, I couldn't GAF, I'm just really excited to watch him play for my Giants.
                          yep, he was a terrible cap decision, but a really good football pick as far as team composition, impact on play calling, opponent defensive priorities, etc. With none of the QBs overwhelming the FO, the football positives far outweighed the economic negatives.

Comment

For passing up on a quarterback with the 2nd overall pick, I certainly hope Barkley will be better than Tiki.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

why was his body an issue?? If I recall he quit because TC took the fun out of the game for him.
                              You may not know this but playing RB in the NFL takes a toll on your body.

See Earl Campbell. Kind of surprised I have to explain that to you.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Giants were the #4 ranked run team that yr. Vikes, Jags, Steelers were 1-2-3 in 07'.

Comment

Working...
                                X