Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barkley have a better career than Tiki Barber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post



    Giants had the #1 rushing offense in 2007 and 2008 without Tiki.
    They did not in 2007.
    Don't forget Tiki's ability in the passing game. Eli struggled in 2007 without that safety valve he had in Tiki.
    Tiki averaged 60 catches per season in his career. His last three seasons overall in the NFL were better than any RB's final three seasons in NFL history.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 05-09-2018, 01:18 PM.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post
      First question is WHY do you hate Barkley so much? We all know you hate Eli but your hating on a guy who hasn't even saw a field for crying out loud.

      YES he can eclipse those all purpose yards if he stays healthy, is given the ball, and has support from his team and QB. He can actually win a SB with this team and with Eli at the helm. I truly believe he was one of the missing pieces to another SB win for Eli and Company.

      Yards aside, it is his presence that is gong to impact the offense the most not his yardage. He will open up the Passing game, make the O-line look like it is made of pro bowlers, and give Eli the much needed time to complete passes. Something Eli hasn't had for a very long time. But guys like you will not see that aspect of his being a NY Giant, because you will never admit it was his presence on the field that did that for the rest of the team


      He could just rush for 950 yds with 50 rec for 450yds & 2 TDs & if the Giants go to the playoffs & win the SB this yr, the haters will still say he didn't have a great yr for being the #2 pick & latter rd RBs had a better rookie season than him, all the while ignoring the fact that it was just because of his mere presence in the backfield that the Giants would have success in 2018.

      That's what the none football IQ anti "pick a RB #2" haters just don't comprehend, Barkley will change the way NFL defenses have been playing the Giants for the past 5 yrs due to our lack of a run game from 13'-17'.

      Opposing DCs now have to game plan for SB & cannot just play off the LOS & play that 2 high safety crap they been playing against us the past few yrs. That's the main reason why the "slant" play has been the Giants main offensive pass play with OBJ. How many of those slant plays has he taken to the house the past few seasons? I count at least 5-6x he's taken a slant play to the house. How many times have you seen him beat anyone downfield for a classic deep post TD? I can't remember the last time he & Eli hooked up for one?

      SB will force the DC to play more man to man or zone D & have the safety closer to the box. defenses cannot assume now that the Giants are just gonna pass on 3rd & 7 anymore, SB can easily get the 7 if the OL does it's job.

      So stop being ignorant & stating that he better put up 1,500 yds & 15 TDs this yr, sure, that would be awesome if he did, but as long as he does enough to keep defenses honest & gives us opportunities to win the game just due to him being in the backfield or lined up on the LOS for a pass, as long as we win the game, that is what matters in the end, not if he put up monster type numbers in the game or for the season.
      Last edited by Parademon1; 05-09-2018, 01:47 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post
        First question is WHY do you hate Barkley so much? We all know you hate Eli but your hating on a guy who hasn't even saw a field for crying out loud.

        YES he can eclipse those all purpose yards if he stays healthy, is given the ball, and has support from his team and QB. He can actually win a SB with this team and with Eli at the helm. I truly believe he was one of the missing pieces to another SB win for Eli and Company.

        Yards aside, it is his presence that is gong to impact the offense the most not his yardage. He will open up the Passing game, make the O-line look like it is made of pro bowlers, and give Eli the much needed time to complete passes. Something Eli hasn't had for a very long time. But guys like you will not see that aspect of his being a NY Giant, because you will never admit it was his presence on the field that did that for the rest of the team
        Oh my God the guy hasn't taken a snap in the NFL yet.

        He's a college prospect at this point. Seems like a very talented college RB. You are attributing to him productivity and impact that has no basis as of yet.

        The missing piece to a SB????

        Calm down on that a tad.
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

          Kind of surprised I have to explain that to you.
          Be honest now, you aren't really surprised are you?

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

            Oh my God the guy hasn't taken a snap in the NFL yet.

            He's a college prospect at this point. Seems like a very talented college RB. You are attributing to him productivity and impact that has no basis as of yet.

            The missing piece to a SB????

            Calm down on that a tad.
            I like Barkley and all, but the way some people talk about him you'd think he was going to be enshrined in the HOF without bothering with the formality of a NFL career.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by jmike View Post

              I like Barkley and all, but the way some people talk about him you'd think he was going to be enshrined in the HOF without bothering with the formality of a NFL career.
              Well it's the off season....Folks get a little crazy sometimes.
              We were all looking into SB tickets about this time last year.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                Well it's the off season....Folks get a little crazy sometimes.
                We were all looking into SB tickets about this time last year.
                I just fear that if he becomes anything less than the incarnation of Jim Brown and Barry Sanders love child on the field the fans will turn on him and nothing he can do is good enough.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by zimonami View Post

                  Ten... which surprised me. I would have said around 8.
                  The 15K yards are rushing and receiving.... 10,449 rushing... averaging 1,000 yards rushing per year.
                  IMO the best RB we have ever had.
                  I was just trying to point out to the OP that Tiki played beyond the age of 28 which he made another post about.
                  Just busting "madden-boys" chops

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by wolfie View Post

                    And how many fumbles did he have?

                    Give it a rest... you didn't want the pick... let's see what happens. I personally think he will surpass those marks IF he stays healthy.
                    wtf are you talking about?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

                      he was on par with Marshall Faulk the second half of his career,dude really took off started lifting lifting more working out more.
                      You aint kidding bro. Tiki was a beast and took off once TC helped Tiki with his fumbling problems. He probably would have been MVP if it werent for the 3rd Barber twin and his all pro line up in the north west.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post


                        Just not true whatsoever. Giants had the #1 rushing offense in 2007 without Tiki. How can you be better than #1? LOL
                        2007?? Are you sure about that?? 2008 they were number 1 with earth, wind, and fire. Tiki was definitely a complete back and the best rb we ever had. IMO if he had more TD scores around 90 to 100 then he'd be in the HOF already.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                          You aint kidding bro. Tiki was a beast and took off once TC helped Tiki with his fumbling problems. He probably would have been MVP if it werent for the 3rd Barber twin and his all pro line up in the north west.
                          always thought Tiki was under appreciated the second half of his career,but he was a head case TC revived his career and Tiki quit because of him and then quit on his pregnant wife left her home in bed while he smoozed up on a youngen.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by jmike View Post

                            I just fear that if he becomes anything less than the incarnation of Jim Brown and Barry Sanders love child on the field the fans will turn on him and nothing he can do is good enough.
                            most of us know they are rarely as good as the hype,but he does have some promising traits.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Moecoastie77 View Post

                              wtf are you talking about?
                              What the .... I'm talking about is the poster who put up all of Tiki's stats and asked if Barkley world match them. He didn't put up Tiki's fumbles, which as I remember were a big thing on these boards until TC got him to hold the ball "high & tight".

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

                                most of us know they are rarely as good as the hype,but he does have some promising traits.
                                I don't believe that. Most of the people who are always riding Eli are the ones that are just mad that he isn't as good as his brother. Most fans lack perspective by nature and it is never more obvious than during the lead up to the draft. Just watch over the next few years as nearly all the failings can be laid at Barkley's feet by some because he isn't able to win games all by himself, leap small buildings in a single bound and walk on water like they were promised.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X