Eric Dickerson takes a shot at our Oline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Dickerson takes a shot at our Oline

Now, I know what you guys might be thinking, he's most likely doing this for attention, especially since he was interviewed by TMZ. Yet, it really irked me that he says the only reason that Saquon Barkley won't have a breakout season, and won't come even close to his rookie record is because we don't have an offensive line. Which really annoyed me, because anyone that watches football knows Saquon Barkley is a really versatile guy, and you shouldn't give him "25 carries" but instead give him "25 touches" (something like 18 carries and 7 catches out of the backfield) in order to maximize his potential. Yet, he seems like he was just interested in taking a shot at our Oline, instead of dropping some real knowledge on why he might not actually break his record. An, just a quick correction to the nonsense coming out of his mouth, saying the Giants have "no Oline", as abysmal as our Oline was last season we were actual quite decent in the run game, and we know have a solid LT (in Solder) and a solid LG (Will "Hog Mollie" Hernandez). I guess he'll have to eat his words come this season when we have one of the most explosive offensives in the league. Anyways what are your guys thoughts on his comments?

TMZ Interview:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/09/eric-d...rkley-rushing/

NJ Post Analysis:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rookie_ru.html

Dickerson was a great RB. One of my favorite NFL Players of All Time.

He was also blessed to have an Offensive Line that Comprised of several Pro-Bowlers, and a few Hall of Fame worthy Offensive Lineman.
    - Jackie Slater: one of the greatest Offensive Tackles ever to lace them up
    - Irv Pankey: one of the top Left Tackles of his time
    - Dennis Harrah: a Hall of Fame Level Guard
    - Tom Newberry: an All-Pro caliber Guard
    - Doug Smith: a very good Center

That Rams O-Line was one of the best in the business. His productivity had just as much to do with those men, and their abilities as it did with his abilities.

This will also sound weird, but I don;t want Saquon to have ~400 carries where he is approaching 1800 yards. I'd rather he get 300 carries at the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
      Dickerson was a great RB. One of my favorite NFL Players of All Time.

He was also blessed to have an Offensive Line that Comprised of several Pro-Bowlers, and a few Hall of Fame worthy Offensive Lineman.
      - Jackie Slater: one of the greatest Offensive Tackles ever to lace them up
      - Irv Pankey: one of the top Left Tackles of his time
      - Dennis Harrah: a Hall of Fame Level Guard
      - Tom Newberry: an All-Pro caliber Guard
      - Doug Smith: a very good Center

That Rams O-Line was one of the best in the business. His productivity had just as much to do with those men, and their abilities as it did with his abilities.

This will also sound weird, but I don;t want Saquon to have ~400 carries where he is approaching 1800 yards. I'd rather he get 300 carries at the most.
      I live in Ca. and have seen many of his games, they'd do that pitch and game over. As I recall the Rams had a chance to beat us in the 84 playoffs and handed it to the other back on 4 and 1 instead of giving it to Dickerson, WOW.

Comment

Who said that ED !

Comment

Dickerson can go fly a kite!.. Yea, I said it

Comment

One of my all time favorite players. We all claimed to be Dickerson running the ball as kids......I used to like Rob Carpenter and John Riggins. Rob Carpenter is the first NYG player that I followed. I wanted to be a running back as a kid.
            Long Live the King

Comment

I watched the video, I didn't hear him say anything controversial, outrageous or untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG2 View Post
                Now, I know what you guys might be thinking, he's most likely doing this for attention, especially since he was interviewed by TMZ. Yet, it really irked me that he says the only reason that Saquon Barkley won't have a breakout season, and won't come even close to his rookie record is because we don't have an offensive line. Which really annoyed me, because anyone that watches football knows Saquon Barkley is a really versatile guy, and you shouldn't give him "25 carries" but instead give him "25 touches" (something like 18 carries and 7 catches out of the backfield) in order to maximize his potential. Yet, he seems like he was just interested in taking a shot at our Oline, instead of dropping some real knowledge on why he might not actually break his record. An, just a quick correction to the nonsense coming out of his mouth, saying the Giants have "no Oline", as abysmal as our Oline was last season we were actual quite decent in the run game, and we know have a solid LT (in Solder) and a solid LG (Will "Hog Mollie" Hernandez). I guess he'll have to eat his words come this season when we have one of the most explosive offensives in the league. Anyways what are your guys thoughts on his comments?

TMZ Interview:

NJ Post Analysis:

Just another old timer who doesnít believe his records were meant to be broken, so he goes right to the negative, because he canít stand the thought that itís possible!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

You realize there are 3 positions on the OL that are average or below average?

Comment

ED speaks the truth. Something coaches won't say. The Giants had an awful OL last year. Bottom of the barrel.

The additions of Solder and Hernandez are a huge plus. Jones at C, I expect a modest improvement. Omameh I'm on the fence, as well as whoever ends up at RT.

Flowers needs to be swing OT at best game 1. Adios after this year.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG2 View Post

TMZ Interview:

NJ Post Analysis:

Until we have a good offensive line, we have a bad offensive line. This is the NFL. If our line isn't any better, Barkley will struggle.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                        Dickerson can go fly a kite!.. Yea, I said it
                        Harsh words.
                        Last edited by FBomb; 05-09-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

The Giants offensive line isn't even set yet, and no games have been played.

But then again, why am I even posting this in negative land?

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                            The Giants offensive line isn't even set yet, and no games have been played.

But then again, why am I even posting this in negative land?
                            A glutton for punishment?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                              That's not weird at all. 400 carries in today's NFL is not realistic. In fact the NFL averages 1 player getting 300+ carries a year recently. I would think he will get 15-20 carries a game putting him at 250-285 carries for the year. Plus a bunch of catches. I was thinking they would take it easy with him his rookie year so he doesn't hit the rookie year, but it did not appear Shumur was going to ease Cook into things last year.

Barkley won't beat 1800 yards rushing, 2200 yards from scrimmage or 20 TDs but hopefully he gets less than 13 fumbles too. Dickerson was great but people forget he had 49 fumbles his first 4 years in the NFL. Yikes!
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                              X