Eric Dickerson takes a shot at our Oline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Barkley won't beat 1800 yards rushing, 2200 yards from scrimmage or 20 TDs but hopefully he gets less than 13 fumbles too. Dickerson was great but people forget he had 49 fumbles his first 4 years in the NFL. Yikes!
    He needs to break the 2k yards from scrimmage or he's not performing up to his contract...

The Giants just like any team will need a bunch of players to out perform their contracts in order to have a winning season..

Comment

Eric is correct regardless of how you look at it. Even if the team decided to go run heavy with one featured back like Eric was, our O-line is no comparison the what he had, not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
        I thinking Barkley gets 15 carries per game, that's 240 for the season. Maybe 4 catches per game, that's 64 for the season. So that's your 300 touches this season.

Say 4.4 avg per run (1056) and 6 yards avg per catch (384), that's a total of 1440 yds. Is this realistic ? I think Stewart steals some of the first and goal TD's, so I don't know if he makes double digit TD's this year. But Stewart and Gallman will get playing time which is better for Barkley keeping him fresh and not over used. Especially his rookie season.
        The numbers you listed are realistic, but also disappointing. If this kid doesnt atleast have1600 yards from scrimmage and double digits TD's I will be disappointed. This isn't just some back. According to DG this is a yellow jacket, perfect scouting score player. Zeke had close to 2000 total yards in 15 games, Fournett was at 1300 in 13 games, Hunt 1700. Cook over 400 in 4 games. I see no reason why we shouldn't expect this kid to hit the ground running.
        Needs for 2016

DL, Secondary, RB, OL, TE, WR, LB

Comment

Originally posted by yo-ho View Post
          Eric is correct regardless of how you look at it. Even if the team decided to go run heavy with one featured back like Eric was, our O-line is no comparison the what he had, not even close.
          I have to agree. I dont think Eric was trying to be controversial. He just knew how good his OLine was his rookie year and even before he came into the league. That is a RB giving credit to his OL for his success. He knows it wasnt all him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dattdoode View Post

The numbers you listed are realistic, but also disappointing. If this kid doesnt atleast have1600 yards from scrimmage and double digits TD's I will be disappointed. This isn't just some back. According to DG this is a yellow jacket, perfect scouting score player. Zeke had close to 2000 total yards in 15 games, Fournett was at 1300 in 13 games, Hunt 1700. Cook over 400 in 4 games. I see no reason why we shouldn't expect this kid to hit the ground running.
            Very good points you made. Hopefully he does reach those numbers and he might need to in the eyes of many fans. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

But only Hunt had as many offensive weapons in his offense as Barkley will. Our ball may be spread around a little more than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

Very good points you made. Hopefully he does reach those numbers and he might need to in the eyes of many fans. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

But only Hunt had as many offensive weapons in his offense as Barkley will. Our ball may be spread around a little more than the others.
              Unfortunately this kid doesn't get the luxury of excuses. When the GM says he's only scouted 2 perfect players, the other being Peyton, those are huge expectations. Hunt as rookie 3rd round pick got 90%+ of the carries and was the 4th leading receiver. Seems like a reasonable floor for Barkley. That's the standard the GM set. One season doesn't make a career, but this kids gotta be super productive very early.
              Needs for 2016

DL, Secondary, RB, OL, TE, WR, LB

Comment

Why all the hoopla ? He said the truth. Our has been horrible, and still needs to be proven as well.
                1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by Dattdoode View Post

Unfortunately this kid doesn't get the luxury of excuses. When the GM says he's only scouted 2 perfect players, the other being Peyton, those are huge expectations. Hunt as rookie 3rd round pick got 90%+ of the carries and was the 4th leading receiver. Seems like a reasonable floor for Barkley. That's the standard the GM set. One season doesn't make a career, but this kids gotta be super productive very early.
                  I think he'll have more receiving yards and maybe a lil less rushing yards depending on how the OLine works together.

Comment

Dickerson should have waited like the rest of us to see what this new O line looks and plays like BEFORE he ran his mouth....
                    Last edited by JesseJames; 05-14-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG2 View Post
                      Now, I know what you guys might be thinking, he's most likely doing this for attention, especially since he was interviewed by TMZ. Yet, it really irked me that he says the only reason that Saquon Barkley won't have a breakout season, and won't come even close to his rookie record is because we don't have an offensive line. Which really annoyed me, because anyone that watches football knows Saquon Barkley is a really versatile guy, and you shouldn't give him "25 carries" but instead give him "25 touches" (something like 18 carries and 7 catches out of the backfield) in order to maximize his potential. Yet, he seems like he was just interested in taking a shot at our Oline, instead of dropping some real knowledge on why he might not actually break his record. An, just a quick correction to the nonsense coming out of his mouth, saying the Giants have "no Oline", as abysmal as our Oline was last season we were actual quite decent in the run game, and we know have a solid LT (in Solder) and a solid LG (Will "Hog Mollie" Hernandez). I guess he'll have to eat his words come this season when we have one of the most explosive offensives in the league. Anyways what are your guys thoughts on his comments?

TMZ Interview:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/09/eric-d...rkley-rushing/

NJ Post Analysis:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rookie_ru.html
                      LOL, so you think he's going to break the rookie record then? You people are nuts man, eternal optimists x100. Let me guess we have a good chance of winning the Super Bowl this year too right? Eli is going to win MVP this year? *****.......

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

LOL, so you think he's going to break the rookie record then? You people are nuts man, eternal optimists x100. Let me guess we have a good chance of winning the Super Bowl this year too right? Eli is going to win MVP this year? *****.......
                        Uhhh. Don't know what to tell you buddy, except you need to take a deep breath, and reread what I said, cause clearly you didn't read any of it. Furthermore, instead of making baseless generalizations, which seems like your emotionally bringing from other threads on this forum, provide facts/evidence so people can actually have a debate with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

He needs to break the 2k yards from scrimmage or he's not performing up to his contract...

The Giants just like any team will need a bunch of players to out perform their contracts in order to have a winning season..
                          He's not going to get 2k yards from scrimmage and we don't need him to and should not expect him to.

10 people got 2k from scrimmage in the last 10 seasons and only Ray Rice did it twice. Get that number out of your head. 1500 yards is a much better number to aim for without destroying our back.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

We'll have to see how Barkley does when he actually plays in an NFL game.

Probably too soon to consider him for the HOF.

As of right now he's not worthy to carry Dickerson's jockstrap.
                            "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by NYG2 View Post

Uhhh. Don't know what to tell you buddy, except you need to take a deep breath, and reread what I said, cause clearly you didn't read any of it. Furthermore, instead of making baseless generalizations, which seems like your emotionally bringing from other threads on this forum, provide facts/evidence so people can actually have a debate with you.
                              Sure, Eric Dickerson and I need to provide facts/evidence to you on why he's not going to break the rookie record lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
                                We'll have to see how Barkley does when he actually plays in an NFL game.

Probably too soon to consider him for the HOF.

As of right now he's not worthy to carry Dickerson's jockstrap.
                                Is there really a high qualification level to carry some old mans jockstrap? Seems like that would be an entry level position and not pay very well, maybe even an internship or something.
                                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                                X