Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Perkins released

Per wfan and NY Daily news.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Not surprising.

Good luck to him.

Comment

Will this positively affect our cap numbers?

Comment

Like most players we release teams will be fighting over him. Are there any guys Reese drafted still on this roster?

Comment

Originally posted by Makin Plays View Post
          Will this positively affect our cap numbers?
          Don't think so.

Pretty sure he's a $125,000 dead cap hit.

Comment

no surprise, if he made the team, he'd be the low man on the totem pole

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
              no surprise, if he made the team, he'd be the low man on the totem pole
              Hogwash, we paid Jonathan Stewart very well to be the worst RB on this team. He has staked his claim to that role.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

Don't think so.

Pretty sure he's a $125,000 dead cap hit.
                He was scheduled to make close to $700k.......this move saves us a little over $500k

Comment

Not surprising.

Comment

Id rather we cut Stewart over Perkins, but oh well. Thanks Reese.
                    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Terrible RB

Comment

Little surprised at this, not like we have bunches of RBs on the roster. I know he's the 4th guy right now, but they generally carry more than 4 into camp, and you assume someone if going to get banged up during camp. The guy struggled last year but played well his rookie season, certainly young enough to deserve a shot. Guess they really needed the cap room or he's shown a poor attitude.
                        All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Id rather we cut Stewart over Perkins, but oh well. Thanks Reese.
                          why would we cut Stewart Gettleman just signed him this offseason and he is a nice veteran complementary back that has already said he will mentor Barkley so I am inclined to think Stewart wasn't just signed because of his good play but his leadership abilities. Gettleman new Jonathan from his Panthers days and I am almost sure that when Gettleman signed Stewart he new he was going to draft Barkley.

also Perkins was waived because of a non Football Injury hurt his pectoral muscle in a non football injury probably wouldn't have played this year with that injury anyway may be he was doing something stupid like riding a motor bike.
                          we still have Gallman...

this is the article on Giants.com,
                          http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...f-790703b7ec77

Comment

Maybe he'll do better with another team that has a stallworth of an offensive line. .wish him well

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

why would we cut Stewart Gettleman just signed him this offseason and he is a nice veteran complementary back that has already said he will mentor Barkley so I am inclined to think Stewart wasn't just signed because of his good play but his leadership abilities. Gettleman new Jonathan from his Panthers days and I am almost sure that when Gettleman signed Stewart he new he was going to draft Barkley.

also Perkins was waived because of a non Football Injury hurt his pectoral muscle in a non football injury probably wouldn't have played this year with that injury anyway may be he was doing something stupid like riding a motor bike.
                              we still have Gallman...

this is the article on Giants.com,
                              http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...f-790703b7ec77
                              Didnt know about the Perkins injury. That sucks.

I just dont have much belief Stewart is worth much at this point in his career. We overpaid him. RBs are a dime a doze with very few exceptions.
                              http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X