No announcement yet.

Paul Perkins released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a shame what happened to him , 2 years ago we thought he was gonna turn into a decent rb

then last hear happened ....

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post
      So Perkins is gone.

And I see they gave Barkley Darkwa's number (26).
      Darkwa is a FA.
      Technically not on the roster
      "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post

They gave Barkley Barkley's number
        HAHA yup.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

Darkwa is a FA.
          Technically not on the roster
          I keep thinking they may bring him back on the cheap.

Comment

Of all the rookie HC mistakes that was one of the biggest ones by BM.
            In a meritocracy, everyone needs to earn their position.

I went to a high school with a deep wrestling program....freshman, JV and Varsity programs.
            Most weight classes went 3 deep.
            Every Wednesday, the gym was packed with student watching all the wrestlers compete with each other to determine who would represent us for the next week.

There were no exemptions. We has state champions wrestling off each week
            Guess what? We were very good.

I can't blame Perkins for the boneheaded move by his coach though.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Barkley, Gallman, Darkwa, Stewart. This is not a bad set of RBs at all.

Not at all. It's good. Not many teams have this quality of RBs and depth.

Stewart must have something left or Gettlemen wouldn't have signed him.

With decent blocking, the NYG will run the ball at Will (you know who Will is, right?).

Perkins unfortunately, did not stand out in his time on the field.

He could not get the tough yards, and with the NYG, all the yards were tough to get.

Perkins lacked the ability that Gallman and Darkwa have to push on through traffic.

Hope he recovers and can play well somewhere else.

It's a ruthless game.
              Last edited by WayBackFan; 05-11-2018, 10:43 AM.
              "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Perkins cleared waivers and is on our Non-football injury list now

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post
                  Perkins cleared waivers and is on our Non-football injury list now
                  Yup, very possible he hits a PUP list at the start of the season and could return if a RB on the roster gets injured or released.

Looks like Darkwa might be a phone call away all season too. I'm kind of surprised Darkwa hasn't been picked up, he's a pretty tough runner a lot of teams could use to give their starter a rest.

Comment

Not sure why Darkwa doesn't get praise. The guy has proved himself.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

we all did. he showed so much promise in his rookie year. we all thought he would get better and develop more in year 2. O well. But make no mistake it is so easy to find HOF RBs in every late round of the draft! Ask half the fans on this board!
                      nope not all of us. I thought he looked just about average his rookie year. Nothing screamed star. And i thought it was crazy he was handed a starting position that he never deserved, and should of had to battle for in camp and the off season.
                      Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post

Not at all. It's good. Not many teams have this quality of RBs and depth.
                        Lmao! Really?
                        Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
                          Not sure why Darkwa doesn't get praise. The guy has proved himself.
                          Probably cause he is barely above average just like perkins
                          Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
                            Like most players we release teams will be fighting over him. Are there any guys Reese drafted still on this roster?
                            Beckham
                            Landon Collins
                            BJ Goodson
                            Avery Moss
                            Dalvin |Tomlinson
                            Evan Engram
                            Webb

that's about it

Comment

Darkwa can play ST too so he's got a shot at a comeback

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

Lmao! Really?
                                Oz has spoken!

Comment

Working...
                                X