Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Hernandez will do anything to help the Giants, even kick

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3984693

Excerpt: "Giants second-round pick Will Hernandez was in awe when he first saw his Giants helmet on Thursday.

"I started looking at it for a little while because it was the first NFL helmet that I ever held in my hand, so that was pretty cool," he said.

The 6-3, 304-pound guard is one of GM Dave Gettleman's "hog mollies" he has brought in to beef up the offensive line.

Where he fits in -- right or left guard -- seems to be the biggest question surrounding him, but the University of Texas-El Paso product has no preference.

"I'll play wherever the coaches want me to play," he said. "I'm here to help out the team in any way. If they want to put me at kicker, I'll kick the ball – I did play soccer a little bit so I can help there." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Settle down big Will...
    Just block the guy in front of you and we’ll all be happy.

Comment

Will will be willing to do anything
      Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

He'll need to back it up. I think he's got the stuff to do it.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Maybe he can kick Flowers _ss.

Comment

Other then growing up a Cowboys fan, I love this guy already.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
              Let's hope he plays better then the Eagles fan we had here. The guy wasn't that great overall and outright stunk and had his worst games against Philly
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                Maybe he can kick Flowers _ss.
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Let's hope he plays better then the Eagles fan we had here. The guy wasn't that great overall and outright stunk and had his worst games against Philly
                  Pugh was a good player when on the field. He did have some really poor games against Phili, and was hurt way to much, but when healthy he was fine.

Comment

like his attitude.
                    seems like a no BS type of player
                    "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

I love the attitude these rookies have, I like that they are willing to do whatever it takes to show they are worth a roster spot and the draft position they were drafted in! Hopefully it rubs off on the whole team and more importantly flowers since he thinks his **** doesn't stink!

The presence of a new Head coach let alone a competent headcoach should be enough to keep the players on the positive side throughout the season!

Any player who isn't willing to do whatever it takes (flowers) should not be wearing NY colors

Comment

Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
                        In regard to his cowgirl fandom, let’s just chalk it up to us all having done really stupid things in our youth!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post
                          I love the attitude these rookies have, I like that they are willing to do whatever it takes to show they are worth a roster spot and the draft position they were drafted in! Hopefully it rubs off on the whole team and more importantly flowers since he thinks his **** doesn't stink!

The presence of a new Head coach let alone a competent headcoach should be enough to keep the players on the positive side throughout the season!

Any player who isn't willing to do whatever it takes (flowers) should not be wearing NY colors
                          Maybe the Jets could use someone to block super QB Darnold’s blind side?
                          He accomplishes two purposes going to the Jets
                          1- They get themselves an O Lineman
                          2- The Jets front office can use Flowers as a convenient scapegoat, when Darnold becomes a bust!
                          Sounds like a perfect marriage to me!
                          Trade Flowers to the Jets for some new Gatorade coolers or 53 pairs of shower shoes!!!
                          Last edited by bigblue58; 05-12-2018, 09:10 AM.
                          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

Pugh was a good player when on the field. He did have some really poor games against Phili, and was hurt way to much, but when healthy he was fine.
                            I would not say fine. His arms to short and he got blown off the ball way to much

If Reese was still here he would of re-signed him and Richberg and Flowers would still be the LT. Thank God they fired hin
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Hernandez has a much higher potential ceiling than Pugh. I would put Hernandez on the left side especially as a rookie if that's where he played in college. The NFL is going to be a big enough change without changing position albeit same position different side. Can't believe he was still there in the 2nd rd. I can't wait to see this kid in Giant blue.

Comment

Working...
                              X