Will Hernandez will do anything to help the Giants, even kick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

Pugh was a good player when on the field. He did have some really poor games against Phili, and was hurt way to much, but when healthy he was fine.
    It proves availability is the best ability . I am glad he is gone.
    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

Hernandez has a much higher potential ceiling than Pugh. I would put Hernandez on the left side especially as a rookie if that's where he played in college. The NFL is going to be a big enough change without changing position albeit same position different side. Can't believe he was still there in the 2nd rd. I can't wait to see this kid in Giant blue.
      Well the way he talks he's played both sides and supposedly the right side is easier so I'mma sure he'd adapt. You want to have at least one anchor type player on both sides Soder being the one on the left and Hernandez on right candidate then you plug in Wheeler & the FA they got last name starts with an "O" to fill out each side with Jones at C. Can't put both vof your best on one side
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Well the way he talks he's played both sides and supposedly the right side is easier so I'mma sure he'd adapt. You want to have at least one anchor type player on both sides Soder being the one on the left and Hernandez on right candidate then you plug in Wheeler & the FA they got last name starts with an "O" to fill out each side with Jones at C. Can't put both vof your best on one side
        Oh OK, Didn't know he played the right side in college, just seen the film of him this year on the left side. Yea Omaneh or something like that don't know what side he plays. Used to be as a rule of thumb the better run blockers played the right side.

Comment

He can just concentrate on playing football.

Webb is in charge of water bottles and clipboards.
          "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

....thats not true and thats why the giants are starting him out on the left first.
            Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

....thats not true and thats why the giants are starting him out on the left first.
              Well then that will just make the right side the weak link to Eli's rough year. Can't trust just Wheeler and whoever over thete. God forbid it's Flowers. That side will turn into the revolving door straight to Eli
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE

Comment

I'm glad we got Will and confident he'll work out.
                But why did the Browns pass on him and take Corbett ?
                I never really heard Corbett mentioned that much
                in the pre draft hype. Do the Browns know something
                we don't ?

Comment

Well then that will just make the right side the weak link to Eli's rough year. Can't trust just Wheeler and whoever over thete. God forbid it's Flowers. That side will turn into the revolving door straight to Eli
                  Thats not the worst situation the right side is not the quarterbacks blind side so is someone gets threw there the quarterback can see it and either step up or dump it off. The main issue with a bad LT is that is usually the rusher you can't see so you just end up panicking that the hits about to come, like eli has done for the last few years.
                  Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

Thats not the worst situation the right side is not the quarterbacks blind side so is someone gets threw there the quarterback can see it and either step up or dump it off. The main issue with a bad LT is that is usually the rusher you can't see so you just end up panicking that the hits about to come, like eli has done for the last few years.
                    Oh I agree with you about all you said. I'd just like a more balanced line where you can run right or left with the same success or know you have solid protection as a passer from either side

However I've loved everything the new GM & HC have done ( except for the DRC & Ross C moves ) and trust that they know the best way to set the O Line up for success. They know how bad the old line was and im sure won't set it up for a repeat performance

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDee View Post
                      I'm glad we got Will and confident he'll work out.
                      But why did the Browns pass on him and take Corbett ?
                      I never really heard Corbett mentioned that much
                      in the pre draft hype. Do the Browns know something
                      we don't ?
                      Its the Browns. Not all franchises are created equal.

LOVE LOVE his attitude. The OLine has been missing a presence like him for a long time.
                      Last edited by Moecoastie77; 05-13-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X