Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Shurmur wants Giants using ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ more

https://nypost.com/2018/05/11/pat-sh...hank-you-more/

Excerpt: "Pat Shurmur has not yet verbalized a Giants Way and he admits he is not one for catchy slogans that define the culture he wants to bring to his new team. He welcomed in 61 players Friday for the start of a three-day rookie minicamp and fully realizes the vast majority of the players at this camp will not be with the team this season.

Still, Shurmur made sure to share his vision to these newcomers — starting with the basics of good manners.

“We want to teach our rookies the right way from the very beginning — here is your iPad, here is your locker, here is where you need to be, here is how you need to dress, here are the fields, ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ work, push in your chair,’’ Shurmur said. “We want to really train these guys in the New York Giants’ way and I think it’s every facet of their life and then, certainly what is most obvious, football.’’ Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'm good with this. He wants a professional, respectable workplace. Obviously you expect a high level of performance, but it all starts with mindset and culture, and if you don't have the basics of that down you're kind of nowhere.

Comment

A little more towards the TC style of coaching doing things right all the time in life at work,just being accountable sounds like that might be coming back to the organization,they were in need of discipline and accountability.

Comment

PLEASE trade Flowers. Thank You
        Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
          PLEASE trade Flowers. Thank You
          Yes I agree but who'd be dumb enough to give up a draft pick for this guy
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I like the new GM and HC the way things have gone so far in offseason!! Let's hope it voncontin all the rest of mini camps, OTAs, pre season and Regular Season and hopefully,............

Playoffs
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I hope Shurmur teaches them proper etiquette for afternoon tea.

Keep the pinky finger high girls...

pinky.jpg
              Last edited by WayBackFan; 05-12-2018, 04:17 PM.
              "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
              X