Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Nasty’ Giants rookie isn’t letting anyone near Saquon Barkley

https://nypost.com/2018/05/11/nasty-...aquon-barkley/

Excerpt: "Before they arrived from different parts of the country to convene at Giants rookie mini-camp, Will Hernandez had already heard from Saquon Barkley.

“That was pretty cool,’’ Hernandez said Friday.

The two coveted NFL draft prospects met for the first time at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis and now, in some ways, their futures are tied together as they embark on their Giants careers. Where Hernandez leads, Barkley will follow.

“I’d like to try to tell him to follow me wherever I go,’’ Hernandez said, smiling. “I’ll wait for him to get his food and then he’ll walk right behind me? Yeah. Try to get used to it.’’

There are protectors and those who need that protection. Hernandez is a proud member of the first group. What would happen, for example, if someone wanted to get to Barkley for an interview that was not previously arranged?

“You’d have to talk to him behind me,’’ Hernandez said.

The Giants envision this as a beneficial partnership for years to come. Hernandez, taken in the second round out of Texas El Paso, was brought in to be an immediate starter — he will begin his NFL life working primarily at left guard, head coach Pat Shurmur said — where Hernandez started 49 games in college. Barkley was taken with the No. 2 overall pick to instantly make an impact as a running back, carrying the ball and catching it as a centerpiece of Shurmur’s offense. The plan is for Hernandez to pave the roadways for Barkley to traverse." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

like I said in another thread, the 2 of them are about as good a 1-2 punch we could have asked for. Both have the talent, and tremendous work ethic/attitude. I'm liking everything I'm hearing from/about these 2 guys.

Comment

LOL!!! Love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
        like I said in another thread, the 2 of them are about as good a 1-2 punch we could have asked for. Both have the talent, and tremendous work ethic/attitude. I'm liking everything I'm hearing from/about these 2 guys.
        seems like the top 4 guy's they drafted are all coachable hard working lunch bucket guys carter and hill have the same type of work ethic really like this whole draft class,but Barkely and Hernandez will be fun to watch big boy likes to mix it up it's gonna be fun.

Comment

Hernandez is a beast. He doesn't just block guys. He flattens them. Can't wait.

Comment

Bring on the attitude!!!

Comment

I love Hernandez's attitude. I can't wait to see the new Giants O-Line in action, minus Flowers.
              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

I'll have a double order of pancakes Mr Hernandez if you please.... with a side of Pass rusher over HARD!!!!!
                "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

sounds like a different locker room from last year already
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                    sounds like a different locker room from last year already
                    amazing what a difference a year can make, holy cow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                      Hernandez is a beast. He doesn't just block guys. He flattens them. Can't wait.
                      Awesome
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Hernandez can only block one person at a time.
                        I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

I like this kid’s attitude

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                            I love Hernandez's attitude. I can't wait to see the new Giants O-Line in action, minus Flowers.
                            Flowers to the graveyard

Comment

Working...
                            X